shape
carat
color
clarity

The One to Rule Them All....3.07 OEC with SBF

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When we first got married, I found a gorgeous 1.5 ish ct OEC that I loved!!! She looked huge at first and I thought I'd be immune to DSS. I probably should have stayed away from PS and things would have stayed good. Then DSS set in and I started thinking about The One To Rule Them All and what my criteria for that would be. I decided a 2.25+ ct, OEC, with lots of dispersion and fire would be perfect and I started looking.

Then one day I was browsing and saw "her". She's a 3.07 ct, SI1, K with SBF OEC and she was graded by the GIA and received VG/VG which I don't think I've ever found in an antique OEC. So then I asked hubby and he said to go for it. Then I reached out to Grace and she was still available!!!! I call her the QE4 because she is the one to rule them all and Elizabeth is a mouth full.

After spending every single penny in my bling account plus a couple of $$$ I had to move from another account, I had her but I didn't have any money left for a setting. So I consulted with hubby who agreed to give me $1,500 as a birthday, early anniversary and Christmas gift so that I could buy an inexpensive setting. Grace suggested Stuller and I agreed since I've seen quite a few on PS that are lovely.

I found a solitaire that actually looks a little like Queen Elizabeth's (without the side diamonds) and I found out that her ring is also 3 cts and came from her MILs tiara. I only hope my diamond has such an interesting and elegant past. I think QE4 used to be owned by another PSer (because I found another diamond with the same characteristics) but that's all I know about her past so I make up stories in my head for my own amusement, but I swear I look just like I'm thinking about an important work issue while I do so.

Enough talking, here are some pics....

IMG_1836.jpg IMG_1842.jpg

The first couple of pics before she was set. I bought a stone holder just for the occasion.

IMG_3197_profile_perspective.jpg IMG_3185_perspective.jpg
A couple of perspective shots, and a bunch more misc shots.

IMG_2678.jpg IMG_2661.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3185_perspective.jpg
    IMG_3185_perspective.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3197_profile_perspective.jpg
    IMG_3197_profile_perspective.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3185_perspective.jpg
    IMG_3185_perspective.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2661.jpg
    IMG_2661.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 37

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_3677_back.jpg
ring11.jpg

Grace sent her to me and said she could do some more finishing (thinning) on the prongs but I'm not sure she needs it. They look dainty in real life.

Thanks for looking and being the bunch of enablers you all are!

Attachments

• IMG_2941_small.jpg
    IMG_2941_small.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3469 (2).jpg
    IMG_3469 (2).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3677_back.jpg
    IMG_3677_back.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 30

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is awesome, congrats! :))

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! QE4 is beautiful! Love her setting too, it’s all stone baby! :love:
Congratulations on your upgrade!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy cripes that's spectacular!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
She’s stunning!! Congrats!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous!!! Great find. It looks sparkly and HUGE.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is stunning!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous, gorgeous stone!!! :love::love::love: Congrats!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous :love:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A beautiful stone and a spectacular size - congratulations! And I love your setting - it’s timeless, swoopy and shows off your stone beautifully.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, @iluvshinythings! It's absolutely beautiful, and I love that setting!

Gorgeous ring. :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so gorgeous!:love: Beautiful stone in the perfect size and perfect setting. It looks amazbling on your lovely hands.:love:
Congratulations on finding your ORTRTA and HG!:appl:

QE4=QE4 ever!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Is that going to be her forever home or are you already plotting a reset lol.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Is that going to be her forever home or are you already plotting a reset lol.

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful. No need to reset, it’s perfect in this setting.

plad25

Shiny_Rock
Wow wow wow. And you got some great pictures to show off the faceting! Beautiful! :love:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a spectacular diamond. The facet pattern and sparkle look amazing! I really like the setting too. Congratulations!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:wavey::wavey::wavey:

That is awesome, congrats! :))

Thank you!

Wow! QE4 is beautiful! Love her setting too, it’s all stone baby! :love:
Congratulations on your upgrade!

Thank you! I think she's a beautiful stone and I wanted her to enjoy how beautiful she is "naked". Normally I go all out on the setting and compromise on the diamond, but I wanted to do the opposite with my forever ring.

Holy cripes that's spectacular!!

Thank you!

She’s stunning!! Congrats!

Thanks!

It’s gorgeous!!! Great find. It looks sparkly and HUGE.

She is sparkly and HUGE! When I first got her she looked like a sky scraper and I was a bit shy about showing her off. I'm over all that now.

She is stunning!

Thank you!

What a gorgeous, gorgeous stone!!! :love::love::love: Congrats!!

Thank you!

Absolutely gorgeous :love:

That's quite a compliment coming from you as yours is one of my faves.

A beautiful stone and a spectacular size - congratulations! And I love your setting - it’s timeless, swoopy and shows off your stone beautifully.

Thank you! I wanted something feminine, minimal and swoopy. I'm super happy with the setting. The size is TDF too and I don't know what I'll do if I have DSS again.

Congratulations, @iluvshinythings! It's absolutely beautiful, and I love that setting!

Thank you! I love your avatar. #ringgoals

QE4=QE4 ever!

Thank you @missy! Yours is also gorgeous!

Haha. You know me so well. I have an art deco emerald and baguette setting that I had initially planned to set her in, but wanted to enjoy her in a solitaire for a while. (also I knocked a baguette and a piece of emerald off in just a few wearings so now I'm concerned about durability) Now that I have the solitaire, I'm very pleased and not sure I'll want to re-set her.

Beautiful. No need to reset, it’s perfect in this setting.

Thank you! I agree!

Wow wow wow. And you got some great pictures to show off the faceting! Beautiful! :love:

Thank you! I'm not a great photographer and am using my phone. I think the diamond is beautiful enough to make up for my lack of skills.

That's a spectacular diamond. The facet pattern and sparkle look amazing! I really like the setting too. Congratulations!

Thank you! I fell in love with the facet pattern at first sight myself.

Reactions: AV_

mol42

Shiny_Rock
@iluvshinythings. Hello there! Your entire ring is beautiful and the diamond is uh-mazing. I say that from experience lol :lol:
I especially like that picture in the Target parking lot. I’m pretty sure I’ve done the exact same thing (and in Costco, Home Depot, the list goes on.)
I know you were concerned about the SI1, but it is off to the side and kind of clear colored (I’m sure there is some professional term for it that I don’t know!) even the jewelers were surprised at its rating.
I’m a bit O/C so I kinda liked having a “beauty mark” to orient the diamond, because I always wore it in a certain direction on my hand. My eyes are bad, so I needed to loupe her to do so.
I’m not royalty but am the “queen” in my family lol, I feel related to you in some cosmic way! Enjoy your beautiful ring!:love::wavey:

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is beautiful! Congrats!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Such a beautiful stone and the size is amazing on you!!! Congratulations on a wonderful upgrade!

Q

Queenie60

Simply beautiful. Congratulations and enjoy.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa. She’s gorgeous and flashy and certainly makes her presence known. Congratulations on finding your HG. Wear and enjoy her in good health.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and I love the simplicity of the setting that lets the diamond speak! Enjoy that beauty!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!! Beautiful stone! (Now to go see what @mol42's upgrade is!)

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! So gorgeous! Congrats!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! What a beauty! She’s glorious :love: huge and sparkly af! Thank you for all the lovely pictures

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results