shape
carat
color
clarity

The Distraction Thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those looking for a short enjoyable distraction from daily gloom and doom please share here. Anything and everything is welcome with the goal in mind of some relief from reality.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s my contribution.

We’re thrilled to bring you Heather Jack’s prescient 2015 short “Let’s Not Panic” with you as the next selection in our series, , A Short Film a Day Keeps the Anxiety Away

In this apocalyptic comedy, a neurotic Brooklynite uses the crush she has on her therapist to save her life as an asteroid hurtles toward Earth.

Follow her as she confronts an unintended sidekick, angry biker gang, and her own fear.

Equal parts rom-com and epic adventure, we hope this short about a woman following her heart and overcoming obstacles (both literal and intellectual) is a soothing balm for your own thoughts — at least for a few minutes.

While you’re social distancing, we’re sharing select works (including online premieres!) from our alumni filmmakers of the Tribeca Film Festival. Catch a new film at 11 a.m. every day! Can’t wait till tomorrow? Click here for another short.

The Tribeca Film Festival extends its heartfelt thanks to the organizations that have so generously made our mission possible.”

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
..well i was going to tell you about my dream last night
i had gone to bed late and had trouble getting to sleep
i was having this dream i was surrounded in vomit and it kept getting deeper and deeper.
noise travels in our house
i woke up to and Tibby was having a huge fur ball dangerously close to the mat in the lounge and Gary was yelling
i don't have a problem cleaning up a bit of puke but all i could think of is don't use the toilet paper !!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the request of the management of the pub that I frequent, I started a FB virtual pub page for the regulars so that we could continue to listen and talk any rubbish under the sun.

Great fun!

DK :))

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are heading into school holidays with schools being closed down. Obviously holiday plans for everyone are cancelled. Everyone is staying home. Kids are finding it really hard, not seeing their friends, no sleep overs, birthday parties, movies, the zoo etc etc. what is still allowed is a walk around the suburb with your family.
So through our local FB group we have local treasure hunts going.
Today’s one is to hide a teddy bear in your front yard but so it is visible from the street / footpath.
Yesterday it was a Rainbow drawing.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
well im of to clean Borris' dirt box before she comes in for the night

:mrgreen2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I already posted this on IG but for anyone that missed it I’ll post it again, meet Zig he’s about to play video games to ward off boredom in my son’s gaming chair (and for the vendor/vendors that said we are a bunch of crazy middle class, middle aged women that have too much money and post too many pics of cats this ones for all you as well) D884F09E-26C1-4BEA-BAFA-66962CB92922.jpeg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Last week was stressful, working from home with 2 young kids. I felt guilty both for not being able to give 100% to my job and felt like a crappy mom for letting my kids watch too much TV and not having any sort of plan.

So I'm just gonna take a day off tomorrow. Break from work, just spend time with the kids and maybe figure out how to keep them entertained and learning in the long stretch. There will be video games and binge watching Polar Express for the umpteenth time. Can't wait.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i buy these fruit and veg when available from my supermarket called the odd bunch
they are the rejects that used to get thrown out by the growers only because they can look funny
most home gardeners are more than used to a few weird shaped carrots
20200323_171626.jpg
its like $2 for a 2kg bag compaired to $1 a carrot normally or say $3 a kilo
in a year this is the craziest thing ive had
i just grated it up for a carrot salad

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sporcle.com has free trivia games about movies, TV shows, music, etc. My friends and I had a Zoom party last night and we ended up playing together for almost six hours! Good times.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I already posted this on IG but for anyone that missed it I’ll post it again, meet Zig he’s about to play video games to ward off boredom in my son’s gaming chair (and for the vendor/vendors that said we are a bunch of crazy middle class, middle aged women that have too much money and post too many pics of cats this ones for all you as well) D884F09E-26C1-4BEA-BAFA-66962CB92922.jpeg

Photos of cats did you say? 78EC99CA-B9D6-4199-BE3B-D675A35C5BBF.jpeg 754F2163-ACE0-4BBE-93AF-634FC47C64CB.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still need to do some work from time to time, however, one of today's tasks is to rip the CDs of piano accompaniments from my clarinet books, so that I can practice with them. It is difficult for my clarinet teacher to play them over Skype due to time lag etc...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"As a special thank you to the brave people staying home and doing their part to help keep our community safe, Tribeca is proud to present an online series of Tribeca shorts, with a new film rolled out at 11 a.m. EST each day for a moment of entertainment and refuge in a world unknown.

Today’s pick in our A Short Film a Day Keeps the Anxiety Away series is Andre Andreev’s documentary short, I ❤ NY, the story of how the iconic logo was created as a rallying symbol for New York when the city and state were in crisis in the late 1970’s.

This love letter to the resilient city will remind you that New York has weathered many struggles in the past, but has always emerged stronger for it — an ethos that is central to the DNA of the Tribeca Film Festival’s founding in the wake of 9/11.

Take a break from worrying about what lies around the corner tomorrow, and gain some perspective by spending a few minutes with legendary designer, Milton Glaser, as he brings you back to the gritty streets of New York City in 1977, when he created the now-ubiquitous logo, first scribbled on a scrap of paper in the back of a taxi, because of course he did. That’s so New York.

We chose this film for so many reasons: For the story of Glaser’s 90-year love affair with the city, for the glimpse into his American Dream immigrant roots, for his grandfatherly presence at a time when we’re not allowed to hug our beloved elders, for the lesson that that art can have a social impact, for the archival footage that is proof that our city that has risen up like a phoenix before, and last, by not least, for the beautiful cinematography that will take you into the subway, Washington Square Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza, and all the places you can’t travel to while you are doing your part by staying at home.

Don’t worry — it’s all still there and will be there waiting for you on the other side. In the meantime, thank you from the bottom of our ❤’s for your act of selflessness and altruism.

Now go escape the confines of your apartment with this charming Tribeca 2018 alumni film. "

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"
Today’s pick in our “A Short Film a Day Keeps the Anxiety Away” series is Jean Pesce’s dark comedy, So You Like the Neighborhood, starring Carmine Raspaolo and two-time Tony Nominee Sarah Stiles in the tale of a Brooklyn woman who doesn’t want to leave her neighborhood — can you imagine???

If “Girls” and “Goodfellas” had a baby, this (mostly) true story would be it:

When Wendy gets dumped by her boyfriend and evicted from her apartment on the same day, she goes to drown her sorrows at a nearby bar. There she befriends some locals who offer to help her with her housing situation. But they just so happen to be former mafia members, and by “help,” they mean something rather more nefarious.

We loved how the colorful characters, vibrant sidewalk scenes — and one very adorable dog — featured in So You Like the Neighborhood, are the perfect respite to a world where we all want to bust out of our apartments, walk-ups, and homes to stroll our beloved city streets. But alas, not right now, people. Not right now.

Stay committed to your immediate surroundings with this lively short, which debuted at Tribeca in 2018.

The Tribeca Film Festival extends its heartfelt thanks to the organizations that have so generously made our mission possible."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"
The next short in our series, A Short Film a Day Keeps the Anxiety Away, is Justine Bateman’s comedic Five Minutes, which debuted at Tribeca in 2019.

Based on a true story, watch as a ‘talking and listening’ exercise goes totally wrong!

Like a slow-motion trainwreck you can’t help but watch as Bateman perfectly captures all the nuances of learning opportunities gone awry.

School’s closed: Laugh at the ways IRL parent/teacher interactions can go so (hilariously) sideways.

As a special thank you to the brave people staying home and doing their part to help keep our community safe, Tribeca is proud to present an online series of Tribeca shorts, with a new film rolled out at 11 a.m. every day for a moment of entertainment and refuge in a world unknown.

The Tribeca Film Festival extends its heartfelt thanks to the organizations that have so generously made our mission possible."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And lastly (for now) in the short film category:

"
Don’t know about you, but we’re feeling like things are a little other-worldly right now. So, why not double-down with a little time travel?

That’s exactly what you’ll get in today’s installment of our series A Short Film A Day Keeps The Anxiety Away.

Today’s sci-fi short Exit Strategy, directed by Travis Bible, was selected for its clever homage to the classic time-bender narrative - a perfect way to escape your own space-time continuum for a bit.

Estranged brothers Matt (a math-whiz) and Shane (a firefighter) meet at a local diner. From there, things start getting weird pretty quickly.

Inside a time-loop, they have to work together to prevent a catastrophic fire.

But, will they get to the scene in time? There’s only one way to find out.

While you’re social distancing, we’re sharing select works (including online premieres!) from our alumni filmmakers of the Tribeca Film Festival. Catch a new film at 11 a.m. every day!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve ordered some garden games, skittles, Jenna, quoits, plastic practice golf balls and a putting hole.

We’d recently decided to take up golf again, so will practice our swing, and pitching in to a box.

I’ve bought the skittles game for our neighbours little boy, as they’ve offered to try and get us things when they go shopping.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve ordered some garden games, skittles, Jenna, quoits, plastic practice golf balls and a putting hole.

We’d recently decided to take up golf again, so will practice our swing, and pitching in to a box.

I’ve bought the skittles game for our neighbours little boy, as they’ve offered to try and get us things when they go shopping.

So pleased your neighbors are there for you and willing to help @Austina :appl:
And how nice you got some games for your neighbor's little boy.

#comingtogether #stronger #kindness

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@CMN Was someone in the mud, haha?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just so our canine friends don’t feel left out: 30F1EB66-56B0-499E-8546-222123D29ACD.jpeg

What a love. Oh to be a well loved furbaby now and just be blissfully unaware. :love:

Reactions: CMN

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of furbaby distraction:

oliverandgracieonbedwrestlingwitheachother.png oliverandgraciemessingwitheachother.png oliverandgracieonthebedwrestling.png oliverandgraciearewrestling.png oliverandgraciewrestlinghardonbed.png oliverandgracieonbedwrestling.png oliverandgraciemessingaround.png oliverandgraciewrestlingonbed.png oliverandgraciewrestling.png videoscreenshotoliverandgracieonbed.png videoscreenshotoliverandgracieagain.png videoscreenshotoliverandgracie.png

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the request of the management of the pub that I frequent, I started a FB virtual pub page for the regulars so that we could continue to listen and talk any rubbish under the sun.

Great fun!

I love this! :clap:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just so our canine friends don’t feel left out: 30F1EB66-56B0-499E-8546-222123D29ACD.jpeg

This is one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen. <3

Reactions: CMN

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finished the pencil sketch for a painting! So I'm excited about that; will probably start applying watercolors some time this week :)

LQ picture of sketch in question:

WeChat Image_20200323125839.jpg

Lility, that's AMAZING! Would you be willing to post an pics of your finished watercolors? I would LOVE to see them!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results