shape
carat
color
clarity

Tanzanite. Please help me find some.

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello all. It’s been a few months since I’ve been here.... I’m realizing this new hobby of mine will be veeeeeery slow going so I’ve been reducing temptation. I have two projects I’m planning for, but in the mean time.....

I’m looking into getting some tanzanite stud earrings; not dark but not too light either. 5mm round would be great, but square (like princess cut) would be good too. My budget is under $200 for the gems. There is wiggle room but I’m hoping this is feasible.

I’d appreciate any and all help in locating two gems, or actual stud earrings in 14k gold. I’m looking myself but it’s always nice to get input from the well educated. :kiss2: Thanks!

Edit: I’ve found these. Clearly not in budget, but that how it goes, right?
https://gemfix.com/gems/tanzanite-32-651

Last edited:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My husband bought mine from Inta gems (based in Los Angeles). Their website doesn’t have a lot, but I’m sure if you gave them your criteria, they could send pics. We always dealt with Peter.

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Update! =)2 I spent some time looking at the options presented to me above and decided to go with top tanzanite. My studs arrived today!

There are 6 quality levels for saturation with top tanzanite and I went with the 5th highest (so only 1 level higher). They are a bit bluer than the violet I was expecting, but I like this blue as well so just need to readjust my color expectations. They are 5mm round set in yellow gold.

How does the saturation look on these? It’s hard shopping online since I can’t compare gems in person.
4C6A65F7-ABE9-4DD9-B1D5-16315723EF58.jpeg

87308583-F2F0-4339-A221-B12E73FE1305.jpeg

Thanks!

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
They are a really pretty blue!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results