shape
carat
color
clarity

"Swiss" earring post?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
My work takes me all over the world in airports and hotels and conventions centers. If I lose an earring, it's game over because there would be zero chance of finding it. I understand that threaded posts are not as secure as they look, so I was thinking of the La Pousette style backs (enjoyed those on many pairs of Cartier earrings in the past and they were great) or the ones I found on amazon called Chrysmela... BUT

Anyone have a pair of these interesting earring posts? I saw these studs and didn't know what to think.
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: AV_

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I don’t think they are earrings, I think they might be men’s formal shirt or collar studs. The back section is just like cuff links, I think the “post” section would be too thick to go into as a pierced earring.
As far as security for keeping earrings in, they are a bit of a fiddle pain but screw on butterfly’s never come off.

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think that the Alfa earring backs are 100% safe, Alfa-Backs.jpg
not only the springs hold it in place there is also a safety notch before the eand of the stud.

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I suppose these backs will force you to remove them more often and hence more chances to loose them

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love these from amazon FC136C2F-FB74-454E-B0A3-9962480C22AE.jpeg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think that the Alfa earring backs are 100% safe, Alfa-Backs.jpg
not only the springs hold it in place there is also a safety notch before the eand of the stud.
David those are the la pousette style of backs she mentioned in her original post.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@InsecureSweetGirl
Can your ears tolerate a slightly longer post and a little extra weight?

I have a similar travel schedule. I have my posts made 1mm thick and 12mm long (double-notched) and I use heavy duty jumbo butterfly backs - the ugly thick ones, not the pretty flowery ones. They click into place like vices.

I personally prefer the jumbos over spring loaded backings because there are no moving parts and they’re easy to tighten yourself at home, but many PSers have had excellent luck with the LaPousettes!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F2C4CA34-C1FF-4E70-928E-5F155486A4EF.png

Bottom/left back is much thicker and heavier - same diameter (9mm)

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I use the Chrysmela backs. They work really well and they work even on screwback studs. They work almost like la pousette backs, except the chrysmela sa re easier to put on and take off. I have la pousetteas well but they are a pain to get on and off without dropping.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
@InsecureSweetGirl
Can your ears tolerate a slightly longer post and a little extra weight?

I have a similar travel schedule. I have my posts made 1mm thick and 12mm long (double-notched) and I use heavy duty jumbo butterfly backs - the ugly thick ones, not the pretty flowery ones. They click into place like vices.

I personally prefer the jumbos over spring loaded backings because there are no moving parts and they’re easy to tighten yourself at home, but many PSers have had excellent luck with the LaPousettes!

I miss the La Pousettes I used to have but decided that Cartier was not my thing anymore. Anyway the solution you have would work fine for me, and the Crysmelas would too.

The Swiss post earrings would probably be too expensive to change given their value anyway so I just won’t buy them.

Thanks all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results