shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for getting an Omega watch repair?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I inherited my Mom’s vintage watch, minus its winding stem. This may be the year I get it fixed if I can find a great place to take it.

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I inherited my Mom’s vintage watch, minus its winding stem. This may be the year I get it fixed if I can find a great place to take it.

I'm a vintage Japanese watch guy, so I cannot recommend anyone that does vintage Swiss overhauls. Obviously an Omega certified repair facility would be the first place to call, but sometimes the brand repair shops only support watches up to a certain age. There seems to be a "go-to guy" for just about every popular brand, so I would work on finding that "go-to guy" for vintage Omegas.

I would recommend asking on the watchuseek forum. They have sub-forums for seemingly every brand out there, so if you posted on the Omega sub-forum I'm sure you'd get many more responses then here on a diamond forum. :)

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, if you find a shop locally that sells antique jewellery / vintage watches you can ask them where they send their watches for overhaul / repair.
A watch stem isn’t too hard a part to find and there are plenty of people who have old nos stock. Even eBay sells old watch parts. I managed to find an old / new watch crystal for a Elgin watch off eBay - $8.
If you don’t mind that the winderbdoesnt have the “symbol” on it, many watch stems are generic ie interchangable..

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
img_0242.jpg Thanks for the help. I contacted a repair guy recommended on the watchuseek forum. I think it might be worth having brand parts, and I might get it engraved as well if I can. My Mom never wore it, but I would like to start making it part of my bling life.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If it’s a vintage Omega, finding NOS parts on the Bay should be relatively easy. Though my watchmaker tells me it is getting harder as Swatch is buying up NOS parts in an attempt to stifle competition from independent watchmakers to do repairs and servicing.

If you get actual Omega parts, this will also help out if the piece ever is sold. If you have a loupe on hand, examine the crystal (which by the pic looks to be acrylic) and see if you can see a small Omega symbol in the center of it. This will help you find out if the crystal is genuine Omega or an OEM acrylic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results