shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch Floral Halo!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends!

I just started working on a custom ring with Steven Kirsch that should be done in 2-3 weeks. Sandra says he's already gotten started. I am sooo excited. I asked Steven for a merger of two pieces that I originally saw on Pricescope. Very big thanks to Alene and Scarlett for the inspiration. I also asked that there be a little space between the flowers (sort of like Alene's ring--when I see her gallery it just makes me think of champagne bubbles, very romantic and lovely :kiss2:). I also asked that the flowers be a little different from Alene's--I wanted something that would be a little bit 'my own'/different from Scarlett's. It will be a 1.4ct Fancy LighT Gray OEC in a single halo, 2mm shank ring, no cathedral, with gemstone flowers interspersed in the gallery. The flowers will be blue sapphires and shapes of pink sapphires. I love that the flowers will be different sizes. He has been really awesome to work with--very easy and straightforward. This will be an RHR, from me, to me. :mrgreen2:

First up are the inspiration pics:
sk_setting_037.jpg _13261.jpg

Next up are some pics from Steven:
IMG950423.jpg IMG950424.jpg FullSizeRender.jpeg

Eeek! This is one of my biggest custom projects and I am excited and nervous! :kiss2::eek2: Send me a little dust if you can. :geek2:

Attachments

• image3.png
    image3.png
    757.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    885.1 KB · Views: 24

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is going to be amazing!! :love::dance::love: I can't wait to see it when it's finished! Sending lots of dust just to be safe...I think it's going to be gorgeous! :mrgreen2:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Looked like a fun project. I see one of your inspiration rings is a cathedral and one is not, I take it from the cad that your ring is not? I like the flower design in the cad under gallery, but it does not look “bubbly” like the first inspiration. In the second inspiration they look like little butterflies. Three distinctly different looks.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
This ring is going to be amazing!! :love::dance::love: I can't wait to see it when it's finished! Sending lots of dust just to be safe...I think it's going to be gorgeous! :mrgreen2:

Thank you, thank you! And thank you for the dust!! I trust Steven and I'm not a picky person, but its still a little nerve wracking! At least for a cast/pre-made piece, you can take a look and determine if you like it or not. For a custom, non-refundable piece...I guess trust is the only thing you have till you actually get the ring in hand!

Wow. Looked like a fun project. I see one of your inspiration rings is a cathedral and one is not, I take it from the cad that your ring is not? I like the flower design in the cad under gallery, but it does not look “bubbly” like the first inspiration. In the second inspiration they look like little butterflies. Three distinctly different looks.

My ring is not a cathedral--that's correct. Yes, I agree, they're three different looks. I definitely wanted mine to be different from the inspiration looks. The other floral gallery, Scarlett's, has different flowers that have more of a 70's vibe to them, and her colors are a little different too: pinks and purples and yellows. I agree, the CAD/drawing is not quite as airy and bubbly as Alene's ring. I wonder if I should ask Steven to remove a flower, or just go with it. I trust his judgment and don't want to micro-manage--part of the reason I went with him is because I love his work and I wanted to go with a designer with a good 'eye' for design and good judgment, so for the most part, I left the design up to him. What do you think? Keep as is, and I'm sure the final product with be more delicate than the CADs show, or ask him to take away a flower where structurally possible?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love all three of those under galleries. I like the daisy cluster type look that you have on your cad and I love all the colors you picked. Yes, SK does have a great eye. You will be blown away, I’m sure!

Please keep us posted as this project progresses! (Oh, with pics :whistle:)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo. I can’t wait to the final ring. It sounds and looks like it’ll be gorgeous!!

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Those rings are all so unique, yours is going to be GORGEOUS! I love the idea of this hidden piece of art that you can keep a secret or choose to share. I'd constantly be taking my ring off to gaze at those sweet flowers!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should be very beautiful. Excited for you and Looking forward to the finished piece.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Indylady what a fun and beautiful project and I think the ring is going to be completely stunning in every way Steven Kirsch is super talented and I so love your inspiration pieces. I am sending you lots of dust for a finished piece you are over the moon thrilled with and a ring that brings you much joy. May you end up with the floral ring of your dreams. Very excited for you and you deserve much happiness!!!

clcat120

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Very pretty...the beauty of asymmetry.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You had me at "fancy light gray OEC in single halo"... ;-) I can't wait to see this ring!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love all three of those under galleries. I like the daisy cluster type look that you have on your cad and I love all the colors you picked. Yes, SK does have a great eye. You will be blown away, I’m sure!

Please keep us posted as this project progresses! (Oh, with pics :whistle:)

Thank you Ringo! I’m glad to get a little validation on the colors I picked—it was nerve wracking!! I was torn between a multi-color or monochromatic look—ie. pink and blue like I chose, or all shades of pink for theflowers/all blue/etc. Seeing the colors provided bySteven was really helpful, and ultimately I thought that the multicolor contrast would define each of the flowersa little more clearly (which I thought would be nice).

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Ringo! I’m glad to get a little validation on the colors I picked—it was nerve wracking!! I was torn between a multi-color or monochromatic look—ie. pink and blue like I chose, or all shades of pink for theflowers/all blue/etc. Seeing the colors provided bySteven was really helpful, and ultimately I thought that the multicolor contrast would define each of the flowersa little more clearly (which I thought would be nice).

I absolutely love your idea with the colored stones/flowers!

I don’t think I would ask for any flowers removed, although I can see that a more open look would be nice as well. I would trust this Stephen as he seems to come with high recommendations.

Sending you magic fairy dust for dreams come true!

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun, unique project! I don't think I have ever seen galleries like this! Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
fancy light grey OEC!? can we see a picture? :whistle:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Oooo. I can’t wait to the final ring. It sounds and looks like it’ll be gorgeous!!

Thank you MTG! I just loved your new tsav and padparadscha sapphire ring! It’s so fun to go multicolor, your ring/collection definitely gave me a little inspiration and courage to go for a unique look!

Wow! Those rings are all so unique, yours is going to be GORGEOUS! I love the idea of this hidden piece of art that you can keep a secret or choose to share. I'd constantly be taking my ring off to gaze at those sweet flowers!

Thank you Ruby! I can’t wait to get it and check out that profile view. I am so excited!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so excited to see this project in the works, Indylady! I think the gallery will be completely your own and very beautiful! I do think that you can trust Steven to do it right, he certainly did not disappoint with mine. For your colored stones, are you using just pinks and blues or all the clusters in the last photo?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Should be very beautiful. Excited for you and Looking forward to the finished piece.
Thank you LLJsmom! I'm so excited too. Did we meet a while back at gem and jewelry show? I'm blanking a bit and might have confused screennames, but I remember meeting a PS'er a year or two ago at a gem show, when we were both looking at a tiny french cut diamond at an antique dealer's booth.

so beautiful!
Thanks Love dogs! :geek2:

@Indylady what a fun and beautiful project and I think the ring is going to be completely stunning in every way Steven Kirsch is super talented and I so love your inspiration pieces. I am sending you lots of dust for a finished piece you are over the moon thrilled with and a ring that brings you much joy. May you end up with the floral ring of your dreams. Very excited for you and you deserve much happiness!!!

Thank you Missy! I so appreciate your warmth and support! I'm really excited for this piece, and thank you for your dust :kiss2:. I just love floral motifs and I love the idea of having a little bouquet on my finger. One of the things that really draws me to gems and diamonds is that we get a chance to enjoy and carry around a little bit of beautiful nature in the form of a gemstone, so its a little fun to have an additional nature themed motif too.
Steven told me this weekend that he'd make a few of the smallest flowers out of diamonds :roll2::geek2: I'm just so excited and can't wait to see the final ring.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty...the beauty of asymmetry.
Thanks, Clcat :geek2:

You had me at "fancy light gray OEC in single halo"... ;-) I can't wait to see this ring!
Thank you so much Msop! I love your collection, excited see you here.

I absolutely love your idea with the colored stones/flowers!

I don’t think I would ask for any flowers removed, although I can see that a more open look would be nice as well. I would trust this Stephen as he seems to come with high recommendations.

Sending you magic fairy dust for dreams come true!

Thank you Kmoro! Thanks for weighing in--I agree with you, I think I will leave it up to Steve to execute. He's already come up with a few awesome design elements that I hadn't ever thought of, such as using flowers of different sizes, etc. I was totally amazed by the idea, even though its a totally simple concept, I think that the differing sizes will add a nice and pretty detail.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see!! Going to be so cool!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
What a fun, unique project! I don't think I have ever seen galleries like this! Can't wait to see how it all turns out!
Thank you Elliefire! Fun is exactly what I was going for :roll2:

fancy light grey OEC!? can we see a picture? :whistle:
Yes, of course! Its an I2 :eek2: but its kind of exactly that (less cost) which allowed me to spend my $$ on a custom setting with SK without much guilt. The color is apparent in person but its hard to put your finger on it--it definitely seems darker than white diamonds, but it doesn't scream FCD. I imagine most people (or everyone) will just assume its a low-colored (but not yellow toned) white diamond. I'm very slightly nervous about the gray in yellow gold; personally, I like yellow gold more and I think I look better in it, which is why I went for YG rather than platinum. However, I don't know if the gray center would have been more suited to platinum. SK said YG would be fine or I could try RG for a little more of a compromise, but I just went for YG.

20180917_123425-XL.jpg
I’m so excited to see this project in the works, Indylady! I think the gallery will be completely your own and very beautiful! I do think that you can trust Steven to do it right, he certainly did not disappoint with mine. For your colored stones, are you using just pinks and blues or all the clusters in the last photo?

Thank you so much, Alene! I just love your ring! :kiss2::geek2: Thank you for letting me use it as inspiration. I'm glad to hear of your great experience with Steven. I agree, I think trust is the way to go, he's already made some great suggestions that I would have never thought about myself. Especially since I love his style and work so much anyway. As for the colors, I'm going with blue, and all of the lighter shades of pink (so all pinks but the raspberry pink)--I'm actually not even sure if there's space to use them all, so I guess we'll see which pinks I wind up with. He's also going to put in a few small diamond flowers (another one of Steven's great suggestions!). :cool2::kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results