shape
carat
color
clarity

Step-cut eternity - best place to buy

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like to add a step-cut eternity band to my collection. Hoping to get your thoughts on the look of emerald vs asscher eternity. I'm planning to wear it on its own so maybe 4-6ctw range. Which vendor would you recommend as the best source for this? TIA.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a certain budget in mind? @PintoBean had a beautiful ring made by IDJ, which was reasonable. VC also comes to mind for some gorgeous eternity bands I've seen here but I'm sure they come with a much higher price tag!

I love the look of both ECs and asschers but I think it ultimately depends on what looks best on your finger! They should both have a nice presence at the carat range you're considering.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out the thread that @Matthews1127 started on a similar subject - there were some great photos in there! :)

Also some good pics of her Yoram asschers :love:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a certain budget in mind? @PintoBean had a beautiful ring made by IDJ, which was reasonable. VC also comes to mind for some gorgeous eternity bands I've seen here but I'm sure they come with a much higher price tag!

I love the look of both ECs and asschers but I think it ultimately depends on what looks best on your finger! They should both have a nice presence at the carat range you're considering.
My budget is 10K. I looked at IDJ, JA and 1st Dibs. VC doesn't show prices so it's hard to compare specs. I'm so undecided on which look I prefer so was hoping to get some perspectives.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, really pretty stones on that site but no prices. Why do vendors do this?

Well, I filled it out asking about French cuts for an eternity ring and shortly thereafter I received a quick cad to show how many for a 3/4 eternity plus the price point for each stone. No hassle and no pressure.

I’m not buying (yet)— told him in the front end it was an “impulse email” lol. I’m not even sure French cuts would look good for my ring anyway. They are so pretty though.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, really pretty stones on that site but no prices. Why do vendors do this?

Yoram is not a jeweler, and recently started selling to the individual consumer. Previously, he only distributed to other vendors.
I don’t believe it’s a tactic of deception, but rather, it’s a means to show you examples of what he Cuts. Yoram & his bench have access to so many diamonds & gemstones. They custom cut diamonds & stones, upon request. They also source within their inventory to help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
Reaching out to Yoram (@diagem) @GemConcepts for my 7 Vintage Cut Asschers was the best thing I have ever done; I would NEVER have found my dream stones for my Anniversary Band project without him. He is so easy to work with, and extremely pleasant. This was my first online, and International diamond purchase, and he made the experience absolutely enjoyable. I could not recommend him more! His prices are reasonable, in spite of the fact that you’re getting top quality for your dollar.
Reach out! You’ll not be disappointed. Just remember: GemConcepts is a diamond vendor, not a jeweler. They will not design a setting nor set your diamonds. You will have to have someone else do that. My local jeweler is willing to create my band for me. I made arrangements with them, prior to my purchase. Some jewelers prefer not to work with outside vendor’s stones. Be certain you have a jeweler on board before you do anything, anywhere, with anyone.
It’s great to meet fellow step-cut lovers!! :mrgreen2:
Can’t wait to see what you choose!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127. Thanks for clarifying your purchase process with Yoram. I didn't know they only sell not set stones. Very helpful .

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127. Thanks for clarifying your purchase process with Yoram. I didn't know they only sell not set stones. Very helpful .

He is overseas as well so there may be a time zone difference in when you contact him to when he gets back to you.

His cutting is top notch. It is a status symbol nearly to say yoram cut your stones.

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just FYI there’s a large David Klass one on eBay, a potential for resetting if it’s too much.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Absolutely! :mrgreen2:
Here is the thread I posted to announce the arrival of my 7 beautiful Vintage Cut Asschers by Yoram:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-yoram-finkelstein-at-gemconcepts-ltd.235991/

There may be some more info included in this thread that has not yet been discussed, here. Some asked some interesting & important questions; I did my best to answer, to the best of my knowledge. I was even able to share some of the exchanges between myself & Yoram to explain certain things, and clarify some things.
If you have any questions that are not answered, after reading the thread, I’d be happy to try to help, in any way that I can.
Finding an already created eternity band of EC’s/Asschers is not easy, but it is possible. Creating one from scratch is far more difficult. It requires the patience of a saint, and the right vendor; consumer-vendor relationship is invaluable to a successful project.
Choose wisely. ;)2

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@baby monster, I have an asscher eternity from IDJ I'm very happy with. Any updates on your search?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@baby monster, I have an asscher eternity from IDJ I'm very happy with. Any updates on your search?
Do you have a thread on it? I'd love to see pictures. I can't seem to come to a decision on asscher vs emerald.

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@baby monster: I hear you. I was in the same boat. No thread, but here's a picture. It was a gift; I think it's 3.5 mm. I love the symmetric step pattern. It's lively and throws more fire than my MRB.

Screenshot_20190121-154528.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results