shape
carat
color
clarity

Starsgem H&A Rounds Comparison

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I need some other opinions on this cut. We have always asked Starsgem to do their round H&A with strong arrow’s because we were trying to get them to look a bit more like Tianyu’s. I am trying to figure out if they are taking this to the extreme? It looks like the arrows are exaggerated with too many dark spots but I need some more opinions

https://imgur.com/a/Dz7nxhE

Let me know what you guys think?

Last edited:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Looks very transitional to me. Personally, I kinda like it but not if I was after a true H&A. I was considering the “Hollywood Round” from JHollywood’s ZAYA line on Etsy for a while, and that cut looks similar to this. I’ll try to find a link. If I asked for hearts and arrows and received that, I’d probably be disappointed.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not a fan of the left one as a H&A cut. There are too many dark spots (at least in the picture provided). I expect H&A to have more sparkle and less chunky flashes if that makes sense.
At least in their pictures, the left comes off as a very dark stone.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't really like this cut as an H&A. It looks much more like a transitional to me, which obviously is fine, but a totally different cut. Certainly not an accurate H&A in my view.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

It does look like the Zaya video. Remember one time when Tianyu posted about the Neo cut? Maybe SG is cutting the Zaya? I will be interested to see what this looks like when the two people get it in person. I wonder if it will face up more white or show a lot of dark spots. The cut looks weird but I still find it interesting. Like I need to buy another one just for the sake of seeing it in person....

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
It does look like the Zaya video. Remember one time when Tianyu posted about the Neo cut? Maybe SG is cutting the Zaya? I will be interested to see what this looks like when the two people get it in person. I wonder if it will face up more white or show a lot of dark spots. The cut looks weird but I still find it interesting. Like I need to buy another one just for the sake of seeing it in person....

Honestly, I kinda like it. It intrigued me that you could go with a modern or antique setting with it so it almost seems more versatile? I’m curious to see in person pics as well. Is it over on Reddit or WB?

Also, I’m never going to disagree with you about buying more stones to compare, so I say go for it! Their prices are so reasonable, you might as well. I’m a self proclaimed enabler though :twisted2:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I kinda like it. It intrigued me that you could go with a modern or antique setting with it so it almost seems more versatile? I’m curious to see in person pics as well. Is it over on Reddit or WB?

Also, I’m never going to disagree with you about buying more stones to compare, so I say go for it! Their prices are so reasonable, you might as well. I’m a self proclaimed enabler though :twisted2:
Yes, very bad enabler!

This one is coming off of Reddit. It wasn’t quite as obvious initially that it was a different cut in video until I saw the 2nd video next to their regular H&A. That guy is chatting via PM but I said I wanted to come over here and see what thoughts other’s had. We are going back to luckyrabbit’s initial comments about asking for strong arrows like from a 1 1/2 years ago. People read the threads from the beginning so the info gets repeated over time. I didn’t realize that this would eventually mean a completely different cut. Not sure what they are calling it but I will have to check because they are all confused now.

This is the video. This is still with SG’s white factory walls. Looks interesting in the video. They always photograph so much more white in China then IRL pics once people see them. Hopefully the link works....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Moissanite...platinum/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, very bad enabler!

This one is coming off of Reddit. It wasn’t quite as obvious initially that it was a different cut in video until I saw the 2nd video next to their regular H&A. That guy is chatting via PM but I said I wanted to come over here and see what thoughts other’s had. We are going back to luckyrabbit’s initial comments about asking for strong arrows like from a 1 1/2 years ago. People read the threads from the beginning so the info gets repeated over time. I didn’t realize that this would eventually mean a completely different cut. Not sure what they are calling it but I will have to check because they are all confused now.

This is the video. This is still with SG’s white factory walls. Looks interesting in the video. They always photograph so much more white in China then IRL pics once people see them. Hopefully the link works....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Moissanite...platinum/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
That one looks pretty normal h&a to me. Very different from the one you posted in the original post that looks transitional.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
That one looks pretty normal h&a to me. Very different from the one you posted in the original post that looks transitional.
That was my original thought, which is why I never questioned it looking different. When I went back to SG though, they said it was like the ‘transitional’ cut and not a typical H&A cut. I am going to ask them tonight. It could just be a ‘one off’ that has extra thick arrows....IDK

I haven’t seen a transitional cut in person (either diamond or moissanite) so I am no expert on it. I was looking at a diamond version on Jewels by Grace to see the similarity and there are thicker arrows but the center doesn’t look quite as dark.
https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/2-25ct-transitional-cut-diamond-gia-j-vs1
When I look at an image, however, I can see that the moissanite looks just like the transitional cut.
2BFABA43-53D8-401F-A170-0F176AE4C87B.gif

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
That was my original thought, which is why I never questioned it looking different. When I went back to SG though, they said it was like the ‘transitional’ cut and not a typical H&A cut. I am going to ask them tonight. It could just be a ‘one off’ that has extra thick arrows....IDK

I haven’t seen a transitional cut in person (either diamond or moissanite) so I am no expert on it. I was looking at a diamond version on Jewels by Grace to see the similarity and there are thicker arrows but the center doesn’t look quite as dark.
https://www.jewelsbygrace.com/2-25ct-transitional-cut-diamond-gia-j-vs1
When I look at an image, however, I can see that the moissanite looks just like the transitional cut.
2BFABA43-53D8-401F-A170-0F176AE4C87B.gif
I just ordered a ring with strong arrows last week- fairly certain it should be done soon. The pics Demi sent me of the cut sure looked like regular H&A to me. I have a H&A viewer and can try to take a few pics when I get it... because the pictures I’m getting are still horrible so I have to pray for the best :pray: :lol-2:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I just ordered a ring with strong arrows last week- fairly certain it should be done soon. The pics Demi sent me of the cut sure looked like regular H&A to me. I have a H&A viewer and can try to take a few pics when I get it... because the pictures I’m getting are still horrible so I have to pray for the best :pray: :lol-2:
I think it might be a misunderstanding from the newer rep’s. I just don’t know...hopefully Cherry understands what I am trying to say. It gets confusing to other people when I try to give them advice though. :(2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results