shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB Small french cut diamonds

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone have small french cut diamonds to be used for an eternity band? Or know where i could acquire some? :)

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cjd_sako often posts parcels on his Instagram. Might be worth a check.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi when you say small , how small do you want ?.I have 6ctw of 3.5mm 23 diamonds in total available . They came out of a band I was going to remake in my size . Here are an example of those I have .
Abi

They may be larger than what I’m looking. I was thinking more like 2 2.5mm size. I want a small eternity band.

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jewels by grace has some.

fioratura

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi when you say small , how small do you want ?.I have 6ctw of 3.5mm 23 diamonds in total available . They came out of a band I was going to remake in my size . Here are an example of those I have .
Abi

I would love to know what you're asking for these Frenchies!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to know what you're asking for these Frenchies!

If MurasakiJewellery is actually a member of the trade, they can't hawk their wares on this forum!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Taylorbug!

Otherwise engaged on IG has some gorgeous french cut bands for sale now. They are gorgeous. :love:

Alex Park from Parksfinegroup on IG also gets french cut bands and french cut diamonds in and you just have to watch his IG feed. His prices are really fair IMO.

Dolly xothebijouxbox also gets in some beautiful pieces every now and then re french cuts.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
@missy and whomever knows about this particular cut: are they super sparkly? Am I crazy for thinking I’d like a French cut band to go with my 1.02 MRB ER? Would that work?

Sorry to hijack your thread OP! I like French cuts too and thought I’d asked since this was a recent thread.

I’m loving some of the bands I’ve seen on IG.

Last edited:

EC8

Shiny_Rock
@missy and whomever knows about this particular cut: are they super sparkly? Am I crazy for thinking I’d like a French cut band to go with my 1.02 MRB ER? Would that work?

Sorry to hijack your thread OP! I like French cuts too and thought I’d asked since this was a recent thread.

Not @missy but to answer your question, French cuts are not as sparkly as MRBs or even single cuts; to me, they look metallic, remind me of antique cut steel, so a more understated look.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not @missy but to answer your question, French cuts are not as sparkly as MRBs or even single cuts; to me, they look metallic, remind me of antique cut steel, so a more understated look.

Yup I agree with @EC8. This is true. Not super sparkly. It’s an understated elegance. I adore them but they are quite different from MRBs and OECs.

Having said that it doesn’t mean you won’t enjoy it with your MRB. Best way to know is try it next to your ring and see what you think.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondsR4eVR Here are 2 photos of a French cut with Bubbalah. ❤
I love these together despite them not being matchy matchy.

Hope these photos help illustrate how different cuts can imo be complementary despite being quite different.
61E323C5-2DE4-4AB1-BD8D-D612D867D1BA.jpeg

1C44E112-296B-4EB2-809D-94A8936684EB.jpeg

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
@diamondsR4eVR Here are 2 photos of a French cut with Bubbalah. ❤
I love these together despite them not being matchy matchy.

Hope these photos help illustrate how different cuts can imo be complementary despite being quite different.
61E323C5-2DE4-4AB1-BD8D-D612D867D1BA.jpeg

1C44E112-296B-4EB2-809D-94A8936684EB.jpeg

You’re killing me Smalls! I can’t take all this beauty at once. :kiss2:
Okay, we need to add French cuts to our NYC excursion. I love it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

French cuts are NOT super sparkly. They are glimmery, rather than glittery. Kind of like the sun reflecting off gentle waves. If you've seen rose cuts, they have a kind of similar sparkle - at least they're more similar to rose cuts than they are to brilliant cuts.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto to everyone on the FC look. They have a very understated play of light. And I have found that they are all cut a tad different. These are my 3.5mms

image.jpg

I took a risk and ordered a parcel from Hong Kong for an eternity (they were in England first) obv with the virus etc they have taken longer to get to me but I'll show them off as soon as I receive them. I do know they are totally different cut than the 3.5mm pair I acquired. The parcel are 1.9mm for 1100/ct US. I think 2.1 was 1350/ct. Again holding off judgement til I see them. Turns out I needed more than I thought so make sure you know the exact number of stones for your ring size, I had to scramble to get 2 more.

Mostly I see rings that are not in my size that I'd have to tear apart, which runs the risk of not having enough stones. Loose parcels are tough. Can anyone comment on Alex's prices specifically? I need something but don't want to ask and get blocked if they are super out of my range.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size are you and what are you willing to pay for a French cut eternity ?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
French cuts are NOT super sparkly. They are glimmery, rather than glittery. Kind of like the sun reflecting off gentle waves. If you've seen rose cuts, they have a kind of similar sparkle - at least they're more similar to rose cuts than they are to brilliant cuts.

I would say they don’t have the same sparkle as rose cuts. They aren’t rounds for sure but they have more white light return than a see through rose cut

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
What size are you and what are you willing to pay for a French cut eternity ?

Size 6...price negotiable depending on color and clarity/ gold or platinum.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Size 6...price negotiable depending on color and clarity/ gold or platinum.

As I wrote in a previous post @Circe is selling a french cut eternity band (and it is on sale too!) that looks gorgeous and I believe is a size 6/6.25. And I also think XOthebijoux is selling one too that might fit your criteria. Good luck. I was tempted but for me it's not worth it due to the fact I don't wear rings often besides my ER and skinny bands. But if I were in the market these would be contenders for sure.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say they don’t have the same sparkle as rose cuts. They aren’t rounds for sure but they have more white light return than a see through rose cut

This. They are not the same sparkle as rose cuts. (Most) Rose cuts have little life in them (IMO) but (the right) french cuts are lively and bright. IMO. See the above photos I shared. I think those french cuts are gorgeous and bright and lively and yummy.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I *think* I want a chunky French Cut gents' ring, but I am spoiled by the good lady's CBI and I'm not sure I could deal with less performance than that! :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I *think* I want a chunky French Cut gents' ring, but I am spoiled by the good lady's CBI and I'm not sure I could deal with less performance than that! :D

I don’t know. I don’t think they’re comparable in that way. I mean yes you could say that but when you see it in person you might be blown away by its understated elegance and beauty. Soft, quiet but oh it packs a stunning punch imo.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with PPs in that Frenchies are more of a shimmer. A subtle flash of light. Here’s mine. I love love love it!
079ACEFE-276A-41BE-BC4E-E7B6F5A9AA69.jpeg 99581151-E82A-4F64-9B78-B7B03E9B0A66.jpeg

Unbelievably stunning ♥️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Did I miss members selling their French cut bands?! I’m looking for my wedding band. Not actively hunting for one yet since the wedding is next year but if I see something beautiful and price is good I’ll buy early.

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did I miss members selling their French cut bands?! I’m looking for my wedding band. Not actively hunting for one yet since the wedding is next year but if I see something beautiful and price is good I’ll buy early.

Here is a link.

I admit I jumped over at LT in no time when I read this, but it is totally out of mine price range, may be it will work for another lucky member

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ditto to everyone on the FC look. They have a very understated play of light. And I have found that they are all cut a tad different. These are my 3.5mms

image.jpg

I took a risk and ordered a parcel from Hong Kong for an eternity (they were in England first) obv with the virus etc they have taken longer to get to me but I'll show them off as soon as I receive them. I do know they are totally different cut than the 3.5mm pair I acquired. The parcel are 1.9mm for 1100/ct US. I think 2.1 was 1350/ct. Again holding off judgement til I see them. Turns out I needed more than I thought so make sure you know the exact number of stones for your ring size, I had to scramble to get 2 more.

Mostly I see rings that are not in my size that I'd have to tear apart, which runs the risk of not having enough stones. Loose parcels are tough. Can anyone comment on Alex's prices specifically? I need something but don't want to ask and get blocked if they are super out of my range.

Would you mind sharing the seller, if you do not mind. I THINK t star limited had something similar, but I did not dare sending such an amount over to the unknown person

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results