shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your crisscut diamonds

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am considering a Crisscut as my next purchase. There don't seem to be many Crisscut photos on PS so I would love to see photos of peoples Crisscuts in different lighting and from different angles. :wavey:

Here is a stock photo of a an emerald shaped Crisscut:

cache_2424781301.jpg

Attachments

• 1.03-1.jpg
    1.03-1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 1.11ct-1.jpg
    1.11ct-1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 82

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I Love this cut, Seen them in person, have you had a chance to seem them in person? some specialty jewelers (not the chain) will have them. I asked about vendors on here several years ago.. I know Solomon brothers carries their line, and at one point I thought they also can bring in diamonds.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a beautiful cut! Boodles here in the UK carry it & if I recall, Reese Witherspoon has one in her engagement ring.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I Love this cut, Seen them in person, have you had a chance to seem them in person? some specialty jewelers (not the chain) will have them. I asked about vendors on here several years ago.. I know Solomon brothers carries their line, and at one point I thought they also can bring in diamonds.

I have seen a couple in person, one was lovely and one not so much. I guess it depends on the specifics of each stone. I didn't know about Solomon Brothers, I thought that they weren't available loose unless on the secondary market. I will definitely contact them.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s a beautiful cut! Boodles here in the UK carry it & if I recall, Reese Witherspoon has one in her engagement ring.
I think that the Boodles version is an Ashoka rather than a Crisscut but they look really similar. I'm not really up for a Boodles price tag though :)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds Direct in the US carries them...at least my local one does. They can be mesmerizing, depends on the the individual stone I think much like the Daussi cushions.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of my Ashoka engagement ring.. I am recently engaged and I am absolutely in love with my ring! It looks very similar to the crisscut! 69B70FCD-C14C-47F1-A7FC-66CA7CD0D9B4 (1).jpeg

That is beautiful!!! What made you choose this cut in particular?

kristin11

Rough_Rock
That is beautiful!!! What made you choose this cut in particular?

Thank you!! I originally wanted an emerald cut.. I have always loved the classic look of step cuts. When I went to try on emeralds in person, my jeweler showed me a loose ashoka diamond and I fell in love instantly- I loved how unique it looked and how sparkly it was compared to the emerald.

Due to the way they cut ashokas (and crisscuts)- they also appear about 30 percent larger than the emeralds in the same carat.

I have never seen a crisscut in person, but I am sure you can't go wrong!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Ashoka pieces by Kwait. Saw this solitaire in person and loved it.

0181-1713_17984ak_400_plat_2.jpg 17984AK_400_PLAT_1.jpg Kwiat Ashoka Diamonds.jpg

Other settings.
imgR.jpg

Attachments

• Ashoka_Banner2016.jpg
    Ashoka_Banner2016.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 27

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
O
1.02 F VVS2 Christopher Designs Crisscut Cushion

4150E380-3A2B-4D46-9726-30152AB44E1F.jpeg D5CD3E4E-44C8-4327-B42F-55A6C62DAB54.jpeg 864738BD-8989-47BB-82F1-23BFC5CC1816.jpeg
OMG, how am I just seeing it now??

It's one of the most beautiful & unique ring I have ever seen! Please post hand shots :D

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I finally found a non-branded crisscut with great light performance. Its a 1.03 ct D SI2 - the inclusions are feathers and due to the busier facet pattern I'm thinking it should be eye clean in person.

diamond-Cushion-1.03-Carat-D-SI2_0_first_ (2).jpg

I had more or less given up on the idea of getting a crisscut, having seen a couple that were underwhelming and leaky. When I saw the ASET for this one I decided it was too good to pass up:

20200118_205909.jpg

I should get it in a couple of weeks :dance:

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love this stone you found. Especially in D

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How utterly gorgeous! How are you going to set it?

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an awesom ASET and simply gorgeous! How will you set your new diamond?

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love this stone you found. Especially in D

Thanks - yes I'm really excited to see it, I have never owned a D stone before.

How utterly gorgeous! How are you going to set it?

Thanks :) I'm thinking of sidestones of a similar shape (but smaller), maybe a 3 stone. I love trapezoids so this might be the opportunity to do them, as the long sides of the centre diamond should provide enough space (7.21mm). Problem is I have loads of setting ideas and am going to need to see it person first and then spend lots of time vacillating over what to do with it :lol:

What an awesom ASET and simply gorgeous! How will you set your new diamond?

Thanks, I was amazed when I saw the ASET, and very excited. I had thought from the video that it looked a very bright stone and couldnt really see any significant leakage, but videos can be deceiving so when I saw the ASET I knew I needed to buy the stone.

BTW I am dying to know your plans for your beautiful asscher......

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Now that is beautiful.

Yes, I love the 3 stone look. Ideally I would like to find a pair of matched crisscut side diamonds for my stone but I think that may be a tall order.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I love the 3 stone look. Ideally I would like to find a pair of matched crisscut side diamonds for my stone but I think that may be a tall order.

frenchies or traps or baguettes would look nice too

rocksjust4me

Rough_Rock
So I finally found a non-branded crisscut with great light performance. Its a 1.03 ct D SI2 - the inclusions are feathers and due to the busier facet pattern I'm thinking it should be eye clean in person.

diamond-Cushion-1.03-Carat-D-SI2_0_first_ (2).jpg

I had more or less given up on the idea of getting a crisscut, having seen a couple that were underwhelming and leaky. When I saw the ASET for this one I decided it was too good to pass up:

20200118_205909.jpg

I should get it in a couple of weeks :dance:

Absolutely beautiful! Can i ask where you found the stone? We have a local jewelry store who sells crisscuts, but i cannot get past the cost for the brand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results