shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB Semi mount for 6.4x6.6mm oec

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I have not had luck setting my LAD stone I bought with this forum’s help a year ago lol. The first round of designs didn’t go to plan, and the second attempt is way over budget. Now, I just don’t know what to do.

I’m trying my luck at pre-loved! Open to any design elements and ideas, but these are some things I like:

- halo of some kind, even bezel
- pointy claws
- any combination of metals
- Art Deco/antique/vintage to match the stone
- unique
- some kind of diamonds featured somewhere in the setting
- bauguettes (tapered or not), step cut sidestones - not a must though!

I am looking for either a temp setting so I can at least wear my stone until I find it’s forever home, or ideally a forever home (hopefully).

Thank you! CA2EDF9E-FCE6-4A57-907F-85B382E7CB3F.jpeg 4DFB62D6-0D8B-4D3E-A6B5-88DFB697F124.png D160599D-45DE-4BE9-B7F7-A758B28340FD.jpeg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovesparklesparle Beautiful OEC! :love:

Might you share your ring/finger size as well as an idea of what your budget range may be? That might help folks suggest options.

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! Yes I love it, but I haven’t seen it for almost a year now, and I just want to wear it!

Finger size would help... I’m a 6.5/m 1/2 :)

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Budget... I’m in Australia so the conversion rate is a killer unfortunately.

I had originally budgeted for $2000ish usd on the custom make (a touch over $3000 aud). So importing I would have to pay duty and taxes etc.

It’s tough to say exactly but budget would depend on the ring and if I will still need to save for a custom make.

Thanks!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Can you get Stuller in Australia or could LAD get any Stuller settings for you? Cos you could get something like the classic crown that I know a few people here have as a temp setting while you work out your final setting.
Alternatively, if this could fit your stone, it's pretty gorgeous and could be your final setting?https://www.pricescope.com/communit...olitaire-setting-14k-rose-gold-size-5.251409/

Yes I saw this and it’s beautiful indeed. And I would def be interested, but think my baby stone might be too small to fit..

Thank you for the Stuller suggestion.. am I right to be skeptical about the finish/quality? Ive seen many “mall”/mass produced rings and they look kinda cheap. I don’t want that lol. I’ve never seen a Stuller in person..I looked into them- couldn’t see prices :(

Last edited:

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
No, but it’s Brian Gavin and be a well respected Priscescoper, so I would trust it to be of good quality.

Great. I will wait a little bit and see if anything else is available then reach out to the seller:)

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I saw this and it’s beautiful indeed. And I would def be interested, but think my baby stone might be too small to fit..

Thank you for the Stuller suggestion.. am I right to be skeptical about the finish/quality? Ive seen many “mall”/mass produced rings and they look kinda cheap. I don’t want that lol. I’ve never seen a Stuller in person..I looked into them- couldn’t see prices :(
From what I've seen in the pictures that others have posted here, they're reasonably good quality. Some look average but others are quite lovely. Not hand-forged, super delicate milgrain and pave obviously but solid and good for a temp setting while you're looking for the final setting. I think they're only available to the trade which is why I asked if LAD could source them. Not sure how easy they would be to source in Australia.
I also just remembered that @Mrs_Strizzle had a nice affordable setting done recently by jewelryhoo so they might be another option for a lower cost/temp setting?

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Such a pretty stone! Yes, I definitely recommend jewelryhoo on Ebay for a temp setting. I just had one made for mine, though my new setting I am loving more and more and may keep it for much longer than I originally thought. I paid three figures for both the setting and band together and they are platinum and 18k gold!

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Such a pretty stone! Yes, I definitely recommend jewelryhoo on Ebay for a temp setting. I just had one made for mine, though my new setting I am loving more and more and may keep it for much longer than I originally thought. I paid three figures for both the setting and band together and they are platinum and 18k gold!

Whaaaat!! I will definitely check them out because your set is amazingly beautiful and that price it equally so!

My dream setting was this with some modifications. Do you think they could execute this?

ACCB361F-D8AC-49D1-9415-B0030417DACA.png ACCB361F-D8AC-49D1-9415-B0030417DACA.png

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
From what I've seen in the pictures that others have posted here, they're reasonably good quality. Some look average but others are quite lovely. Not hand-forged, super delicate milgrain and pave obviously but solid and good for a temp setting while you're looking for the final setting. I think they're only available to the trade which is why I asked if LAD could source them. Not sure how easy they would be to source in Australia.
I also just remembered that @Mrs_Strizzle had a nice affordable setting done recently by jewelryhoo so they might be another option for a lower cost/temp setting?

Yes I bought the stone from Erica and I’ve since contacted her for semi mounts. She suggested Stuller! I didn’t want to waste her time though, I had a look through the catalogue, but it’s hard to tell from the pictures :(

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
I’ve just contacted David Klass and have asked him for ways to keep the cost down. Any thoughts?

My suggestions were
- no engraving on donut
- no milgrain
- plain shank
- simplifies basket

Problem is I have no idea what cost these elements attract !

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Whaaaat!! I will definitely check them out because your set is amazingly beautiful and that price it equally so!

My dream setting was this with some modifications. Do you think they could execute this?

ACCB361F-D8AC-49D1-9415-B0030417DACA.png ACCB361F-D8AC-49D1-9415-B0030417DACA.png

They can definitely do something similar, but he told me they do not have the capability to do engraving, so it's a no to that part. That's how I ended up with tiny diamonds on the shoulders of my setting, as I originally asked for engraving to make it appear more antique. I am happy with the result, but that may be a deal breaker for your design, idk. It's gorgeous, btw.

The French cut diamonds I am unsure if they can source, though they offered me princess diamonds for the band to be similar to the inspiration ring I sent them. I decided to put diamonds in the flower petals instead and keep the platinum plain in the end.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results