shape
carat
color
clarity

Scarlett J’s brown diamond ering

0B5C150D-0C63-4F84-A25E-56AE51EEAA72.jpeg 7AFBDF72-7CA7-4E0E-9CDC-7673E0CB9B4A.jpeg
i wanted to post because it’s an FCD, and a more inexpensive color. It was $400K, and 11 carats. What do you think? Will brown diamonds go up in value because of this now? It looks like a straight yellowish brown which is the least expensive of all brown diamonds.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the diamond is cool, very unique and judging by her previous e-rings - she is comfortable with a wide range of styles. :appl:I'm not a massive of the setting to be honest and think it doesn't do the stone any favours, also could imagine easily catching that diamond on everything... :doh: but overall it's nice to see something DIFFERENT than the usual icy-white celeb bling...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m liking it more than I expected I would. As stated, I’m not sure how practical it is.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a bit large to only have four prongs. I would have preferred six prongs or double prongs. I figure that’s brown enameling on the shank. The diamond is beautiful, and different. I think brown diamonds are beautiful. It’s the only brown gem I like.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very cool, but yes looks like an accident waiting to happen. Maybe she will not wear it 24/7 but only when dressing up.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if it's an antique or intentionally cut to look like it is antique.... I don't think the modern style of setting goes with the antique look of the stone.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a fan to be honest but to be fair this goes against everything that is my aesthetic and my aesthetic is very predictable :lol:.

Would much rather have one of the many rings you ladies have on here. Only reason I'd accept this ring is to hock it off and buy different bling :Up_to_something:

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl I agree.

To me the shape would look nice as a pendant, but I don't like it for a ring. The setting I hate, mostly because of the enamel. I think it wouldn't look as bad if it was gold.

I'd seriously question my fiance's tastes if presented with that. "Honey, get ready for the Oscar's. ...I laid out an outfit for you to wear." :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if it's an antique or intentionally cut to look like it is antique.... I don't think the modern style of setting goes with the antique look of the stone.
Agreed, and I think that's what throws it off for me. I love love love the stone, and think I could love the unique setting with a modern H&A round (it would be kind of like a tension setting--modern and clean). But somehow pairing them together is weird.

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
I like that one much better.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still not sold, I think an Antique halo of old cut diamonds or rose cuts or single cuts would bump the colour of the centre stones more and make the Antique look of them just that. I guess they are trying to juxtapose old and new looking together to be modern and edgy, I just think that making it all look Antique would be more my own personal preference. I like the pink sapphire the best, now that works with the blue band.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I kinda love it and hate it at the same time.

I adore the stone, and I would love to see the underside. Why is the underside never shown????

Not crazy about the enamel band. Enamel will chip over time, especially on a curved surface. But of course she's not gonna be digging ditches while wearing it, I guess!
I'm sure it's very secure, but the four dainty little prongs don't look substantial enough.

Don't get me wrong, though. I would kill for that ring:eek2:

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Not crazy about the enamel band. Enamel will chip over time, especially on a curved surface. But of course she's not gonna be digging ditches while wearing it, I guess!

The band is made of ceramic over gold, so quite durable.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Needs more prongs to secure it but I like it! Looks sparkly and it’s a bright almost yellowish FCD.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The band is made of ceramic over gold, so quite durable.
Hmmm, that's interesting. So a different process than enamel, which is glass. Thanks for the info!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a fan. I dont like brown (it doesn't like me either so there's no hard feelings). :P2 Plus, the setting just looks weird to me. I feel like they could have done a better job of flattering the diamond.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a fan. I dont like brown (it doesn't like me either so there's no hard feelings). :P2 Plus, the setting just looks weird to me. I feel like they could have done a better job of flattering the diamond.

Admit it, you would halo the bleep out of those big diamonds just like I would :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think we would both come up with something more flattering....:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning diamond! It would look gorgeous in a more classic setting or a VC halo.
Not fond of the setting. It’s fresh and different for sure

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
The more I look at it (perspective shots from Comic Con, not close up or alone), the more I love it. Really suits her and such a refreshing change from all the delicate pave among celebrities.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it...it’s cool, very modern and really is a fabulous way to show a huge diamond without too much pretentiousness. I think it suits her very well.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
05426147-3C10-41B8-81A7-7F13C9AF7B9E.jpeg Here’s another 11 ct brown diamond by the same designer. At least it has more prongs for security.
That massive culet is hideous, you'll see nothing but skin down the middle. I also hate all the blah pavilion facets under the table. The "egg-shaped" one is much better cut.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is cool. As the person who favors only colored stones, I think it is interesting. Not for me, but very interesting.

Thank you for bringing our attention to brown diamonds! High time!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Are we seeing a pendulum swing, back away from the delicacy and refinement of Edwardian platinum and more toward jewels which express substantial, strong personality.... dare I say it, Defiance, Power and/or Authority? Taffin and Hemmerle both embody the ‘next level’ look of boldness.

I think Henri Dunay deserves partial credit too (see pic below). Dunay just never broke through to being ‘cool’ in the same way. It seems like Dunay gave equal balance to the setting and the stone, and typically took the pieces very seriously. They’re about being lush. Not terribly inspiring.
0860DA49-5A1E-4ED4-973C-093D6C6FF973.jpeg
In contrast, Taffin and Hemmerle seem to put more importance on the stone, and create the setting to be less visually weighted. Lighter, more irreverent, and possibly even temporary. What could be cooler than having a Pop Art painting casually tilted up against a wall of ‘serious’ landscape art? I mean, the finery that fills mansions can be so stuffy, right? These Taffin ceramic pieces remind me of the work of Michael Craig-Martin at Chatsworth.
E4734AEC-D5B7-418F-9720-5F37ED16E2AA.jpeg
(Edited to add another comment: it might be interesting to consider that maybe, being so accustomed for so long to a state of extreme wealth could cause a level of boredom only cured by eccentricity in expression. Perhaps the best adjective to describe Taffin’s style is Eccentric!)

ps - please someone just holler when Art Nouveau becomes trendy again in the cycle of fashion! Maybe then I can have ten minutes of being cool. Please. I’m begging. Just, like, I mean, ten minutes.
pps - Yeah. Ok. I know. Not gonna happen. (sigh)

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results