shape
carat
color
clarity

Rothys? What are your thoughts on durability & comfort?

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I'm eyeing a pair of the pointy in the big cat print. And I really like the idea they are made out of recycled plastic and completely washable.

Thanks for reading.

HSYo3Tg1yUl4.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, too, have been interested in these, so hope someone who owns/wears them chimes in! :wavey:

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Also curious. They pop up in my Facebook feed all the time and I’m really drooling over them.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have Rothys - black pointed toe. I have had them for a little over a year and a half. I just gave feedback on them to a coworker the other day, actually :)

I wear them frequently as a slip-on shoe and have paired them with both jeans and work attire. My only visible wear is on the sole. The toe tip and back of the foot/heel area show no wear. They can get stinky if you're always wearing bare feet. When the shoes get stinky/dirty and I put them in the wash and they come out looking clean/new. Note: they tout how washable the shoes are (and they are!) but the removable insole is made out of foam and it will say in the care instructions that it (the insole) doesn't hold up to washing as much as the shoes themselves. I have added squishy foam insoles (like a Dr. Scholl's type product) to mine so I don't really use the insoles that came with them, so that hasn't been an issue for me. I bought the extra insoles because the Rothy's don't have any support and I would call them thin-soled. It's fine if you are used to a ballet-flat type shoe. Personally, I like some squish so my feet aren't so tired at the end of the day (I walk a fair amount).

I keep meaning to get a second pair, but haven't yet. If you do order some, make sure to look online for a promo code first.

Is there anything else I didn't cover? Just ask :)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't own these shoes, but I posted a thread about this on FB once asking what are your favorite flats, and several of my girlfriends SWEAR by these shoes. They say they're totally worth the money.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @elizabethess & @violet3 I work from home so have been looking at alternatives to slippers that have some support & are breathable and washable to wear around the house, so these caught my eye. I may have to order a pair to try. I was only hesitant because I never heard of them and wasn’t sure if it was a fly-by-night IG gimmick ad or if they were legit. :wavey:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @elizabethess & @violet3 I work from home so have been looking at alternatives to slippers that have some support & are breathable and washable to wear around the house, so these caught my eye. I may have to order a pair to try. I was only hesitant because I never heard of them and wasn’t sure if it was a fly-by-night IG gimmick ad or if they were legit. :wavey:

The other shoes that were highly recommended in that thread were the kenneth cole ballet flats, and tieks if that helps at all.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very helpful feedback! Thanks much ladies! My only other hold-back is the level of support they offer. I need something with some arch support, and it doesn’t look like their more ‘ballet’ style ones have it, but the loafer styles seem to offer a little bit.

I wish to hell my Danskos weren’t so ‘clunky’ on the hardwood floors. They’re my favorite shoe for support and I have so many in a bunch of cute colors, patterns & styles. But on the hardwood floors, they just sound like I’m clogging & clunking around the house.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I have two pairs of Rothys and one more coming in the mail. I have the regular flats, not the pointy toe ones. My feet are difficult to fit. Wide, high arch, just terrible fat feet. The Rothys fit and are comfortable to wear, much more than other ballet flats I have. I'm hoping the part about washing them turns out to be true. I got a stain on my pine green pair the first day out.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really curious to hear accounts (besides previously states ones in this thread) of the stink factor of these shoes. Even though they're washable and presumably will get laundered often, it's often impossible to remove all the stank from synthetics. See: synthetic base layers i.e. Patagonia Capilene, etc.

I'm not sure how "sustainable" all these synthetics made from recycled plastic actually are. I used to really buy into this selling point, but the fact that Rothys is encouraging multiple purchases (as compared to other companies' encouragement to REDUCE consumption even of recycled material products) bothers me. An item on my "researching things that nag at you for some unnameable reason" is reading up on whether these products are really sustainable.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@monarch64 I've had mine for about 1.5 years and I've never washed them. Mine don't smell at all, and I only wear them with bare feet and don't use anything special. Personally, the recycled material aspect is incidental to me as they are the most comfortable walking flats that are still work appropriate I've ever owned. When I buy another pair it will be because I've walked through the sole.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, this is a harsh review, but they are GARBAGE. Cheap, poorly made, ill fitting (three pair in the same size and literally every shoe was completely different), plastic shoes. Crap Crap CRAP.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
Got my newest Rothy's today. They are the redcat flats.
IMG_0266.jpg
I have heard that the sizing is inconsistent, but I ordered what I wear in TOMS (7.5-- I'm actually a 6.5D) and they have all fit the same. I have not tried the loafers or the pointed toes to comment, but those are next.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results