shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose Gold diamond help...newbie

creeddrip

Rough_Rock
So as title says I'm a newbie and looking to get a rose gold halo setting I'm thinking a round diamond and I would like to stay below 3500. I've been building a list of specs I found on different sites and I plan on going with James Allen since I hear pretty good things.

Rose Gold Halo setting
Color:H or better
Carat: ..75-.90
Depth: 60-62.5
Table : 54-57
Crown: 34-35
Pavillion: 40.6-44
Girdle: thin to slightly thick/ medium
Polish: very good or above
Symmetry: very good or above

I would like to order this asap my finance has been dropping a lot of hints

Would this be a good diamond

https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...excellent-cut-sku-5588238?a_aid=55f8cd4e21a11

beardog

Rough_Rock
I'd keep looking. The table & depth are borderline & the crown angle is definitely not what you're looking for.
Also if you think there's a slight chance that you'd ever want to upgrade, then make sure to check on vendors upgrade policies. If you want to upgrade with JA you need to double the cost of current. There's other recommended vendors who will have you send in your current Stone & pay the difference to the upgraded stone. Depending on your mindset this can be a very big deal.
Is the 3500 for just the Stone?

beardog

Rough_Rock
All three of those have the upgrade policy & are in house so you could contact them & have them compared, extra pics taken & so on

creeddrip

Rough_Rock
I wanted to do 3500 for band and diamond. I planned on upgrading the stone down the road to a full carat. I'll check out other websites thanks for the input

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which JA setting are you planning on going with so we know how much your budget is for the stone?

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
I d also take a look at price range for the rose gold halo to get an idea. Unfortunately,though I hope I’m wrong, I would assume it will be a bit over 1000$

creeddrip

Rough_Rock
My original budget was 6k. My girlfriend just doesn't want me spending that much I'm open to other sites as well.

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
Okay well whats the maximum you want to spend? It just makes searching easier if there is a budget. If maximum to spend is $3500 the budget for stone is $1700. If $6000 is the maximum the budget is $4200 for the stone, if my math is correct. So its helpful to know as it's quite a range.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash and crafted by infinity at high performance diamonds have a 100% trade up policy for just one dollar more. Janes Allen, blue nile and many others have a 100% trade up if you spend 2x original stone price.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, if you’re already thinking of upgrading the stone, maybe get a simple rose gold setting now, and put more of your budget toward the stone.

Then, when you upgrade at White/lflash or CBI (for one dollar more), you can get a more elaborate rose gold setting that will fit the new, bigger stone.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're planning to upgrade, use Whiteflash or hp diamonds. They have the best upgrade policies. And definitely don't spend half your budget on a halo, bc when you upgrade you'll need to scrap the setting. So spend as much as possible on the stone in a simple setting for now, and then upgrade to the "forever" setting.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're planning to upgrade, use Whiteflash or hp diamonds. They have the best upgrade policies. And definitely don't spend half your budget on a halo, bc when you upgrade you'll need to scrap the setting. So spend as much as possible on the stone in a simple setting for now, and then upgrade to the "forever" setting.

This is a good point.

Why are you getting the halo? She loves the style and must have that, or to give her finger coverage because you are trying to save money?

A few different ways to look at this....

Scenario A:
$2,800 for 0.70ct +/- diamond
$1,800 for halo setting
----------------------------------
$4,600 initial investment

Scenario A (when you upgrade):
$2,800 for 1+ carat diamond (remember, you have to spend min 2x @ JA or similar)
$1,800 for new setting to fit larger diamond
$4,600 initial investment
$9,200 invested after upgrade (could be more if $2,800 additional doesn't get 1+ carat)

Scenario B:
$5,500 for 1ct +/- diamond
$500 for solitaire setting
$6,000 total invested

Scenario B (when you upgrade):
$0 since you already have 1+ carat diamond
$1,800 for halo (assuming she doesn't love the soli)
$6,000 initial investment
$7,800 invested after upgrade

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ask her, larger diamond and upgrade setting later or smaller diamond with halo and upgrade both diamond and setting later.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you decide to go Scenario B, here is a possible candidate.

GIA XXX 1.04ct H VVS2 @ $5,597 wire
https://www.fourmine.com/shop/diamond/97980502?utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=2018

56 table, 62 depth, 35 crown, 40.6 pavilion & 80 LGF
HCA score = 0.9

Proportions are within ideal parameters and angles are complimentary. The stone seems promising but there are no actual videos or images on the website.

Also, it has medium blue fluor but your initial JA stone had it as well so I'm assuming you aren't bothered by it.

If interested, place on reserve and request ASET, idealscope and hearts & arrows (H&A) images along with still photos and video. You likely won't get all of them, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Also, verify that the fluor doesn't cause any issues with the stone (milky or hazy appearance). Doubtful it will, but you need to verify.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
So as title says I'm a newbie and looking to get a rose gold halo setting I'm thinking a round diamond and I would like to stay below 3500. I've been building a list of specs I found on different sites and I plan on going with James Allen since I hear pretty good things.

Rose Gold Halo setting
Color:H or better
Carat: ..75-.90
Depth: 60-62.5
Table : 54-57
Crown: 34-35
Pavillion: 40.6-44
Girdle: thin to slightly thick/ medium
Polish: very good or above
Symmetry: very good or above

I would like to order this asap my finance has been dropping a lot of hints

Would this be a good diamond

https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...excellent-cut-sku-5588238?a_aid=55f8cd4e21a11

Would suggest that you check internet vendor reviews like yelp and trustpilot too.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I may not comment on any diamonds as I am in the Trade and that would be against forum rules.

I will say, using rose gold, you may use MUCH lower than an H and still have the diamond look very white in comparison.

See if you can find a jeweler in your location with some strong rose colored rose gold. You will see you can easily use a J-K color and have it look much like an H in white gold.

Just my thoughts.

Wink

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@sledge has (as usual:D) made some really good points especially those financial ones for when you do decide to upgrade.

I think in this instance your best bet is WF. not only do they offer an exceptional upgrade plan (just $1 more than original stone price) but they offer a designer ring plan where they will give you a credit of 50% of the original sale toward a new setting. read HERE so if you DO decide to go ahead with a halo at this point, you'll still get half of that back when you do upgrade. I'll hold back on any stone or setting suggestions until you've commented back about whether or not she absolutely wants a halo or would be ok with a solitaire setting until you upgrade the stone.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge has (as usual:D) made some really good points especially those financial ones for when you do decide to upgrade.

I think in this instance your best bet is WF. not only do they offer an exceptional upgrade plan (just $1 more than original stone price) but they offer a designer ring plan where they will give you a credit of 50% of the original sale toward a new setting. read HERE so if you DO decide to go ahead with a halo at this point, you'll still get half of that back when you do upgrade. I'll hold back on any stone or setting suggestions until you've commented back about whether or not she absolutely wants a halo or would be ok with a solitaire setting until you upgrade the stone.

Awww, thank you for the kind words @farrahlyn. :kiss2:

As usual, she too has great advice. She helped me so much when I first came here, so listen to her. She is a wise yoda.

Look at this little fireball of awesomeness I found....

WF ES 0.866ct K VS1 @ $2,654 wire
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4068004.htm

When initially looking at this stone I was curious why it only made Expert Select (ES) instead of A Cut Above (ACA) because the images look good and the video is amazing. Then I noticed the table is only 52.3! I've not seen a stone with this small a table. We generally recommend 54-57. I prefer a smaller table (54-55) because that increases the size of the upper facets which is where rainbow light (fire) is reflected. Consequently you end up with a very sparkly ring.

Looking at the video I think we can agree this thing has tons of fire.

I'd jump all over this. You won't find anything comparable for the same money. Plus you get access to WF customer service and their fantastic upgrade programs already noted by @farrahlyn.

Couple it with any of these WF designer settings and you are about $5k or so all in.

I really like this. It has bigger stones than your initial setting but basically the same price.

https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...1rz1323-halo-diamond-engagement-ring-3884.htm

No pave on this one, but quite lovely & like how it pinches in towards the diamond as it gives the visual illusion the diamond is bigger.

https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...tela-crown-solitaire-engagement-ring-2718.htm

If you like the cushion type look, this uses a round diamond to create a lovely look. Very classy.

https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...ce-diamond-engagement-ring-by-vatche-3793.htm

No halo, but I love the basket and overall design. I'd give this serious consideration if a halo isn't a must have.

https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...-french-pave-diamond-engagement-ring-3801.htm

Some other halo options:

https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...i-bella-vita-diamond-engagement-ring-2045.htm

https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...2395-passion-diamond-engagement-ring-4168.htm

https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...on-halo-diamond-band-engagement-ring-4694.htm

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two other thoughts.

Reach out to @Wink and see if they can custom cut you a K colored stone. He recently did an N for another member that was quite amazing and lovely. It blew me away because I don't like lower colored stones and that stone made me re-think my positioning. Also, he has a good bench and may be able to make an inspired setting similar to the JA.

FYI, his super ideals are cut by CBI and quite amazing. He has a similar trade in program on the diamond but I am not sure if he offers anything on the settings.

The other thought was that if you go with WF (probably HPD too, but you need to ask to be certain), all the melee stones used for the pave & halo will also be super ideal quality. This may seem minor but those little supporting stones will be mini rock stars that only help support the main center piece. It's a true perk that not everyone thinks about.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results