shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Concierge 'Signature Antique' setting question

RedHairDontCare

Rough_Rock
Has anyone ever ordered just the setting from Ring Conciege? I live in Dubai and have bought an OEC stone - it needs recutting due to a damaged girdle and I love the RC ‘Signature Antique’ setting, I am wondering if I can order the setting only from them as I don’t want to ship a large diamond round the world as it will incur customs charges and the thought of it out of my control makes me nervous!

I would love to see close ups and shots of the setting if anyone has them please, thanks in advance!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some threads on that setting if you search. I think the consensus is since it is a ring based on an antique design, you could have a local jeweler make sonething similar without feeling like you were copying something proprietary. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable shipping my stone overseas but others do without incident. You'd have to contact them to see about whether they'd make the setting without the stone in hand. Good luck!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some threads on that setting if you search. I think the consensus is since it is a ring based on an antique design, you could have a local jeweler make sonething similar without feeling like you were copying something proprietary. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable shipping my stone overseas but others do without incident. You'd have to contact them to see about whether they'd make the setting without the stone in hand. Good luck!

+1

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sure they do not sell that setting separately. You'd either have to send them your stone or purchase a stone from them.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
A few weeks ago they said they wouldnt even set outside stones (stones not sold by them) in that setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring you mentioned is too thin and I couldn't recommend it for that reason. I don't think any of those rings will be around 50 years from now without repair (if worn daily). I like the one CVB made better, as well. I think it is delicate without being at risk.

RedHairDontCare

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the answers, I love the CVB looks a bit sturdier! once its finished I will be sure to post pictures

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results