shape
carat
color
clarity

Review: High Performance Diamonds (HPD)

aroz

Rough_Rock
I thought I'd share my experience with High Performance Diamonds, which started off with a quick email at 7 o'clock at night asking about a particular diamond they had listed on their website. That same night (at 1 o'clock in the morning actually!) I received a response from Wink who not only answered my questions, but he also put the diamond on hold so I could review it further without worrying about it being sold. Melissa then continued the conversation that same morning, and the customer service only got better!

Now, before I continue I should admit that I am a bit of a perfectionist and a big research nut - as an aerospace engineer working in R&D it is my job after all :) ... so I did what any self-respecting research engineer would do and learn everything there was to know about diamonds. So with the help of some industry experts (huge thanks to Todd Gray of niceice.com), I spent probably four months looking at specs and scope images from various online and "brick & mortar" stores before eventually settling on only three Hearts & Arrows stones; one from HPD, and two from a direct competitor. The final deciding factor had to be HPD's flexibility in customizing the ring, and Melissa's outstanding customer service!

Honestly, I can't thank Melissa enough for bearing with me through the constant emails (about 80 of them!). Of all the sales people that I've spoken with before contacting HPD (and trust me it was a lot!), Melissa stood out as the most honest and helpful. She didn't hesitate in sending over additional close-up images of the stone, in addition to one occasion when she even sent me pictures of her own rings to help me visualize differences between various metals. So after a long discussion and multiple CAD renderings later, Melissa helped me build my perfect ring - a custom petite Vatche U113 in PT950Ru, with a jaw-dropping 0.65 D VS1 true Hearts & Arrows diamond (pictures attached). I eventually proposed on the beach after watching a sunrise, and I must say my fiancée absolutely LOVES this ring! The cut quality of the diamond is just incredible! We've been to many dim-lighted events and this little guy picks up every single source of light that you didn't even know was there. It's even been mistaken for a 'similar-looking' high-end brand name ring, by the sales associate who works at said 'high-end brand name' store... just goes to show that the quality does speak for itself.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with my fiancées ring, and I would recommend HPD to anyone who's in the market for a high quality diamond!

IMG-2859.JPG

IMG-2862.JPG

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! The ring is freakin' gorgeous! :love:

You are in good company here. Many PS'ers have worked with HPD and CBI and both companies have a fantastic reputation for delivering excellence. I'm very happy for you and your fiancee!

Tagging a few of the HPD & CBI folks so they are sure to read your review too: @Wink, @Winks_Elf, @LaylaR, @John Pollard and @Paul-Antwerp

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does seem like we owners of CBI diamonds from HPD have mostly science/math/music backgrounds. Analytical.

Beautiful ring! Welcome to the family.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you mind showing us a hand shot? Thanks.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, what a gorgeous ring!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, A beautiful classic ring! :love:. HPD :clap::clap:

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
Beeeeyootiful!!