shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting engagement ring?

ktb19

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I've been lurking for awhile, and y'all are so knowledgeable and nice that I made an account =)2

I’ve been tossing around the idea of having my engagement ring reset – right now it’s veryyyy low and close to my finger, and the only way for a wedding band to work would be a wrap/curved, or have a huge gap. I don’t mind a gap, but I do feel like it would look funny with this ring. I LOVE it so much and don’t want to change the halo design, I just want it to sit higher so a band wouldn’t look so odd next to it. I have a good local jeweler in my town (and have not taken it in to see what he would charge), but just thought I’d ask if there are any online retailers that are good and reliable for a reset? Here are a couple pics of my ring now, and what I would like it to be.
IMG_6370.JPG IMG_6371.JPG IMG_6324.JPG setting 2.JPG setting 1.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
www.idjewelry.com
www.jamesallen.com 23% off settings right now

What is your budget for the new setting?

Edit...your stone will probably need to have a grading report (GIA/AGS) to be set by some of our vendors.

ktb19

Rough_Rock
www.idjewelry.com
www.jamesallen.com 23% off settings right now

What is your budget for the new setting?

Edit...your stone will probably need to have a grading report (GIA/AGS) to be set by some of our vendors.

Thank you! I've read it's about $300 to get a ring reset, but now I'm realizing that's probably just labor costs... the lowest price for just a setting I've seen is about $420. I honestly don't really have the budget right now to even be thinking about this, but a girl can dream :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That should have said 25% off at James Allen right now. At JA its a $100 for setting an outside stone and then the cost of the setting.

(We all dream...and guess what??? Its free!=)2)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results