shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting diamond stud earrings

mlealexrln

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I have a pair of ~.8 cttw diamond stud earrings that were an anniversary gift from dh about 15 years ago that really need to be reset as the screwback posts are basically worn down. I was thinking that I just need to have it reset in a plain 4-prong white gold or platinum setting, though I was also thinking it would be nice to buy those earring "jackets" to dress them up later on. I know there are mall or jewelry stores I can just go into to get this done, but I'm leery about leaving my earrings with them as I've had experience with a big jewelry mall store when I had my diamond wedding band resized smaller and I didn't get one of the small diamonds back. I know I'm not needing anything spectacular or expensive work done with my earrings, but I'm hoping you guys can give me suggestions on who or where I can send my earrings to--they're not big diamond earrings but they have a lot of sentimental value to me. Thank you so much!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would research your neighborhood jewelers and pick the one that has, of course, great reviews..but also a jeweler that’s been around a long time. I would skip the mall jewelry stores. Show us your pretty earrings after they’re reset.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results