shape
carat
color
clarity

Re-plating diamond watchband

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a diamond watchband that is 14K white gold I bought about 20 years ago. The diamonds are small-I think single cuts so there is more metal than diamonds. The white gold now looks slightly off color- paleish brassy color. I would like to replate it but wondered if the diamonds have to be removed before replating. I hardly wear the watch anymore and frankly do not know how much it should cost. But if the diamonds have to be removed and then reset I am certain that it will be fairly expensive. Any thoughts, comments and suggestions?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I shouldn't be necessary to remove the stones. Diamonds are tough.

I don't like to get into quoting someone else's prices and there are a few complicating issues that may be present but usually, this is not a terribly difficult job. Take it to your favorite jeweler who does repairs and ask them how much. Bids are usually free.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, the diamonds aren’t removed for replating. I get my engagement ring rhodium plated yearly for $50 so a watch band might be a little more but not too much. I’d go with rhodium plating - white and shiny - and of course doesn’t cost anything to enquire !

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taste came back but I think not 100%. I had really sensitive tastebuds that allowed me to really pinpoint flavors and spices but now can’t discern layers of flavors anymore. It took almost a year. But I still enjoy food. Smell came back 100%. You should contact the forum moderators to remove your personal email as I do not think it is allowed. Good luck.

Beary

Rough_Rock
Oh thank you so very much for responding. Did you do anything to get it back or just waited? My ENT is having me do a round of prednisone and I’m almost done with it and no change. But if time healed you then oh my gosh that gives me hope! Thank you again and yes I will remove my email and/or ask it to be. Sorry about that I was just desperate to reach you as not many people have had this happen or have answers!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results