shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple sapphire band?

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock
My son wants to propose to his long time girlfriend with a white gold, purple sapphire band (1/2 eternity). Any suggestions for where he can buy one without having it custom made? I saw a few on Etsy but I’m worried about what the quality might be. Thanks!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
My son wants to propose to his long time girlfriend with a white gold, purple sapphire band (1/2 eternity). Any suggestions for where he can buy one without having it custom made? I saw a few on Etsy but I’m worried about what the quality might be. Thanks!

Not a band, but when you said purple sapphire, I thought of this ring:
https://etsy.me/2BUEIxQ

It’s from @raregemlover’s shop that she has opened on Etsy (she has changed her account to Trade). I suffer from “Stone Shrinkage Syndrome” so that stone is too small for me but it would make some purple lover out there happy!

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock

It’s from @raregemlover’s shop that she has opened on Etsy (she has changed her account to Trade). I suffer from “Stone Shrinkage Syndrome” so that stone is too small for me but it would make some purple lover out there happy!

Thank you for the suggestion. He found out she wouldn't be opposed to a "not too large" stone so this may be an option, especially because it's low set. Have you ordered from her before? I'm nervous about ordering non-costume jewelry from Etsy.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Lol stone shrinkage. I think most of us will catch that in the due course of time lol!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
FB459BD7-37F0-4267-A2D2-42D205D3F249.jpeg I bought this lavender sapphire band from JuliaB to complement the Chatham sapphire engagement ring. I only hesitated to post this because this is more of a lavender than a purple. You can ask her if she has more saturated stones, though.

Also, I do like this sapphire from Yvonne Raley:
https://etsy.me/2PHwCg0

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the suggestion. He found out she wouldn't be opposed to a "not too large" stone so this may be an option, especially because it's low set. Have you ordered from her before? I'm nervous about ordering non-costume jewelry from Etsy.

I’m in Singapore too and I have bought loose stones from her on Loupetroop. We met up in person to gawk over each other’s rings. That was when she was an ordinary PS-er selling from her own collection, and hadn’t decided to start a shop yet. You can ask her which cutter cut the sapphire (I believe most of hers are cut by Abraham Gomez), and you can ask her for an extended return period to send it to AGL if you need to.

Rare gem lover

Shiny_Rock
Trade

I’m in Singapore too and I have bought loose stones from her on Loupetroop. We met up in person to gawk over each other’s rings. That was when she was an ordinary PS-er selling from her own collection, and hadn’t decided to start a shop yet. You can ask her which cutter cut the sapphire (I believe most of hers are cut by Abraham Gomez), and you can ask her for an extended return period to send it to AGL if you need to.

Thank you for the shout out peacechick! I love purple (my latest colour obsession) so am constantly collecting purple sapphires and spinels! As trade I have multiple sources and not just Abraham now though I am grateful for his work. Cutters like him and this forum have helped me greatly in my education. I have requested my account be converted to trade so it should be done soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results