carat
color
clarity

Purple garnet and tourmaline stackers

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got these from the jeweler today!
Both cut by Barry. One of the new purple garnets people were recently excited about. And one pinkish orange tourmaline.

The purple is really saturated and phenomenal. I see what all the fuss is about!

_37842.jpg

_37843.jpg

_37844.jpg

_37845.jpg

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful collection of rings. I love all the colours; they're so vivid. Your tsavorite is gorgeous.
And your stackers - the colour combinations go so well together.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great combination of colors! I love stackers...so much fun to mix/match! May I ask who made yours and approx dims on the stones? Beautiful! :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty stackers, and gorgeous purple garnet!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty and they look like they would be fun to wear!!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful colors!!!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely! I've been wanting to do some stacking rings for a long time.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful color combo! And that purple garnet :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waaah! I love this :love:
Who created the stackers for you? They are so stunning and versatile. I love the combo of three stackers :appl:
The purple is amazing indeed!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color on those are so pretty! Love the fun, casual look!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, now these are absolutely gorgeous! The colors are amazing and I love the different combinations. So fun and versatile!

ninisaurus

Rough_Rock
This is such a great idea! Loving the tourmaline!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and the color combinations are so visually pleasing. Fun and beautiful. :love:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely, lovely set!!

Could you show us a profile view? I don’t think you answered @lilmosun when she asked who made them. I would love to copy your set. :mrgreen2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops. All the above rings were sold. Lol I tend to have high turn over with my rings cause I get bored of them after a year or two and get itchy to fund other projects

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops. All the above rings were sold. Lol I tend to have high turn over with my rings cause I get bored of them after a year or two and get itchy to fund other projects

Thanks for the quick response. I admire your colored stone decisiveness. Doesn’t that turnover deplete your jewelry fund?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the quick response. I admire your colored stone decisiveness. Doesn’t that turnover deplete your jewelry fund?

Over time I’m sure it does but I just think if it as renting them for a dollar a day for a year or more and getting the enjoyment of sourcing and designing. Still cheaper than seeing a movie a week.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely, lovely set!!

Could you show us a profile view? I don’t think you answered @lilmosun when she asked who made them. I would love to copy your set. :mrgreen2:

Oops. Sorry. My local jeweler made them for me :)

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whoa!!!! Those are so pretty! I can’t believe you sold them though. I buy for keeps.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa!!!! Those are so pretty! I can’t believe you sold them though. I buy for keeps.

I never buy with the intention of selling lol. But after a few years I start wanting something new or different and I only have so many fingers.

My rule is to only have as many rings that fit in my jewelery box!

Even with the sales, I don’t feel I’m liking in rings!

05595F70-82D3-4517-9204-E1A4172C1CF6.jpeg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Over time I’m sure it does but I just think if it as renting them for a dollar a day for a year or more and getting the enjoyment of sourcing and designing. Still cheaper than seeing a movie a week.

That’s a totally different way of looking at it than I’m used to, refreshing though. I guess it depends on whether you get your joy from the designing or the wearing.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a totally different way of looking at it than I’m used to, refreshing though. I guess it depends on whether you get your joy from the designing or the wearing.

Both honestly. I love looking for the perfect gem, then mulling over design, then working with a bench to see it come to life. And then the wait and the glee of wearing it and feeling like a million bucks! Also, I often am able to sell close to cost, but if i make something for 1000$ and sell it in 2 years for 850$ to fund a new project, it doesn’t bother me. Jewelry for me is a luxury but at this point also a hobby that brings me a lot of joy. And most hobbies aren’t profitable lol. Honestly in the end my jewelry hobby operates at less of a “loss” than say my art hobbies (paints are expensive!) or my love of good food and whiskey.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both honestly. I love looking for the perfect gem, then mulling over design, then working with a bench to see it come to life. And then the wait and the glee of wearing it and feeling like a million bucks! Also, I often am able to sell close to cost, but if i make something for 1000$ and sell it in 2 years for 850$ to fund a new project, it doesn’t bother me. Jewelry for me is a luxury but at this point also a hobby that brings me a lot of joy. And most hobbies aren’t profitable lol. Honestly in the end my jewelry hobby operates at less of a “loss” than say my art hobbies (paints are expensive!) or my love of good food and whiskey.
Oh, ok. That makes sense. Your other hobbies aren’t as expensive as gems, though they do sound fun! One of my hobbies is pretty inexpensive, working out. I run, cycle, hike, swim and do Pilates. Pilates was expensive until I got proficient enough to do the floor exercises at home. My other hobby is handbags. It makes my gem hobby cheap by comparison. Selling things is intimidating to me, though I did take a couple of mistake handbags to a consignment shop and have sold old, broken jewelry to one of those gold buying places. Some people sell handbags and gems and jewelry all the time. I think that’s part of the hobby for some people. It sounds like you enjoy the thrill of the chase.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, ok. That makes sense. Your other hobbies aren’t as expensive as gems, though they do sound fun! One of my hobbies is pretty inexpensive, working out. I run, cycle, hike, swim and do Pilates. Pilates was expensive until I got proficient enough to do the floor exercises at home. My other hobby is handbags. It makes my gem hobby cheap by comparison. Selling things is intimidating to me, though I did take a couple of mistake handbags to a consignment shop and have sold old, broken jewelry to one of those gold buying places. Some people sell handbags and gems and jewelry all the time. I think that’s part of the hobby for some people. It sounds like you enjoy the thrill of the chase.

Haha I mostly just sell to other pricescopers so it’s not so scary. Yay for the Preloved section.

Yeah I don’t use handbags, and I don’t like shopping for clothes or shoes. Jewelry is really my only “expensive” shopping habit.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haha I mostly just sell to other pricescopers so it’s not so scary. Yay for the Preloved section.

Yeah I don’t use handbags, and I don’t like shopping for clothes or shoes. Jewelry is really my only “expensive” shopping habit.
Gem and jewelry shopping is my favorite. I’m not into clothes and shoes either.
You make selling sound so easy!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
those were beautiful stackers! I'm sure I would have snatched on up, if I was looking at the right time, etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results