Considering a possible upgrade of current diamond-
4.16ct, round brilliant, ACA, I, VS2
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4032893.htm

Here are the two possibilities:
5.198ct, round brilliant, ACA,I,VS2
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3840002.htm

5.032ct, round brilliant, ACA,I, VS2
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4055564.htm

Let me know which stone is most comparable to my current or maybe neither is comparable(?). I won’t upgrade to a lesser “sparkle factory” then what a currently have. I watch the videos and my eyes are not trained enough to the differences that all of you experts do:)

Thanks!!

Reactions: AV_

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both diamonds are super-ideal, so you won’t be compromising on “sparkle” regardless.
If we start to nitpick, the proportions of the 5.198 I VS seem to be closer to what you currently have. I, however, prefer the look of the 5.032 I VS2.
I would ask for a video comparison between the two.

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
Both diamonds are super-ideal, so you won’t be compromising on “sparkle” regardless.
If we start to nitpick, the proportions of the 5.198 I VS seem to be closer to what you currently have. I, however, prefer the look of the 5.032 I VS2.
I would ask for a video comparison between the two.

I was thinking the 5.198 would be the most similar due to the closer proportions.

What about the 5.032 do you prefer over the 5.198?

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am having trouble getting my mind around the incremental increase in size for the price, but I get that this might me more of a technical reason for the magic 5. I would personally recommend a trip to WF to view the three diamonds side by side and see if there is enough visual difference to make the $40k spend worthwhile.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking the 5.198 would be the most similar due to the closer proportions.

What about the 5.032 do you prefer over the 5.198?
In the video, the stone just looks crisper to me. I can easily see some of the the cloud inclusions in the 5.198. Overall, I prefer the clarity plot of the 5.032. However, these are highly magnified videos. I would still ask for a video comparison. One might speak more to you than the other.

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
In the video, the stone just looks crisper to me. I can easily see some of the the cloud inclusions in the 5.198. Overall, I prefer the clarity plot of the 5.032. However, these are highly magnified videos. I would still ask for a video comparison. One might speak more to you than the other.

I see what your talking about in the still photo, but not as noticeable to me in the videos. The sparkle is getting in my way :) I also agree that I like the clarity plot of the 5.032 better than the 5.198. Do you think that slight difference in proportions will make it sparkle less than the 4.16 that I have?

I have an email in requesting more pics and side by side videos:)

I agree with @SimoneDi . I think you need to ask WF for a video of both the stones together.

Request is in:)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also be sure to ask for still photos of both diamonds side by side. I think the still photos will show more difference than the videos. They will both sparkle like no tomorrow but I think you may see some difference in the face up still photos when they are not so highly magnified.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 5.03, also. I like that it is cleaner in the center, and I like the 76 lower girdle facets. However, I'd ask if one is a higher I color than the other, and that might influence my final decision.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would prefer the 5.03 as well, love the 76 LGF.

@miimac7 am I correct in assuming that since you are looking at a larger I color diamond that you have been pleased with your current I color?
We never heard what your sister thought about it either so please do tell?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@miimac7 - just one question that might help narrow down the choice:

Is there anything you dislike about your current stone? Is there any reason other than size that makes you want to upgrade? just because - if there is - you'll want to avoid that in your next stone.

Also - how large is the price difference between the one you have and the ones you're considering? Or is price not an issue?

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
@diamondseeker2006 and @bright ice

Why do you prefer 76 lower facets? I’m clueless, please educate me:)

I’ve been very happy with the I color. My sister had no words...so in other words she ate them

I did a good ol search and found out the answer. I especially got a kick out of both of your OCD-ness. I see what that does to the arrows and I’m with you both of you, but for me it would be more if I could not choose b/t two stones. I would choose the lower number also;-)

@miimac7 - just one question that might help narrow down the choice:

Is there anything you dislike about your current stone? Is there any reason other than size that makes you want to upgrade? just because - if there is - you'll want to avoid that in your next stone.

Also - how large is the price difference between the one you have and the ones you're considering? Or is price not an issue?

I love my current stone and if I didn’t need the trade in value I would keep it. Price is considered, however I was always prepared to upgrade one day. I wasn’t expecting to be in this position to consider an upgrade so soon. I budgeted money for other projects and these have not gone as planned so this frees up funds to possibly upgrade much much sooner. I really hope it works out, but it may not.

I’m actually really really considering this stone- DH is on board with the extra funds...

5.208, H, VS1, ACA
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4033328.htm

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would be stunning!! Let us know what you decide!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza, I just bought a 2.985 and I think this is my unicorn, I still do BUT GIRL! this is one hella stone, you are the belle of the ball, I LOVE the one you picked in the end and you have a great hubster who understands our love of bling.

How do you plan to set it? I'm hoping in a beautiful sollitaire because this baby doesn't need a thing! VERY happy for you and cannot wait to see your ACA on your hand. Life is good and ACAs are fantastic. Congrats on a beautiful stone!

:love::love::love::love::love:

miimac7

Shiny_Rock
I can’t upload the video because it has the logo, it is stunning! If someone knows how let me know...

I am setting in the Whiteflash 4 prong platinum broadway ring. Plain and simple so all you see is the diamond!❤️

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is going to be one blinding stone! I can't wait to see it once it is set!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone, that is going to be one amazing ring!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beauty! :love:. Congrats! :clap:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait for pictures!!!!

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results