shape
carat
color
clarity

Sold Pearls FS

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be posting a few pearls for sale over the next few weeks, so I'm going to just start a single thread ::)

First up: Light-body tahitians from Pearl Paradise

I bought these - and several other strands - a couple of weeks ago. The strand was originally 18" long, and originally had 33 pearls. I removed 14 pearls for a bracelet, but I'm not going to use the remaining 19 pearls. The pearls I removed were from the middle and smaller ends - this remainder strand contains the largest central pearls from Pearl Paradise's original stringing. The pearls in this remainder strand range from 10.7mm to 8.7mm wide, and the strand is just over 9.25" long without knots (each knot adds ~1mm). I'm not including the clasp from Pearl Paradise in this listing.

Colour-wise they're definitely light-bodied, and they have a slight blue cast in most lighting types. My favourite pearls are the ones that go from very light to very dark within the same pearl :sun:

Second from right in this arm pic:

WRIST.png

Pearl Paradise's listing:

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 3.09.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 3.09.29 AM.png

19 pearls:

I think Pearl Paradise's glamour setup makes it really difficult to judge surface texture; I've done my best to represent these pearls as realistically (ie. unflatteringly) as I can. These are obviously not pristine, but they do have much cleaner surfaces when viewed "bigger end forward" (like in the wrist pic). On the neck the pointy tips of each drop would face backward... my photos deliberately highlight blemishing near these tips, which would be obfuscated when worn on the neck. As a bracelet, like what I'm doing with the pearls I've removed, all blemishing will be more visible.

FS_LIGHT_T_2.png

FS_LIGHT_T_1.png

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sea of Cortez baroque, 12.7x11.1mm
LT: https://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones/sea-of-cortez-baroque-12-dot-7x11-dot-1mm;31722

This pearl was not purchased from the website - I worked directly with Fernando and Douglas to choose a number of pearls, and I wound up buying a few too many. Selling myself rather than returning because shipping from the US to Mexico is a nightmare that I don't care to inflict on myself or Douglas' crew.

This pearl is full drilled (by the farm) and is in pristine, never-set condition. Surface is unblemished and lustrous. Body is a medium dark and body colour errs olive/green with pink striations. It looks just lovely next to rose gold ::)

Gotta say... I won't exactly be heartbroken if this pearl doesn't sell :bigsmile:

IMG_1502 (1).JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

IMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_9377_CROPPED.png

IMG_9455_CROPPED.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sea of Cortez baroque pair, ~11x9.5mm
LT: https://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones/sea-of-cortez-baroque-pair-11x9-dot-5mm

I purchased these directly from the farm in Mexico. Website:
https://perlas.com.mx/en/perlas.php#close

These pearls are not from the website - I worked with Fernando and Douglas to choose a number of pearls, and wound up buying a few too many. Selling myself rather than returning because I don’t want to risk shipping from the US to Mexico.

These pearls are undrilled, and are in pristine, never-set condition. Surfaces are unblemished and lustrous. Body of both is lighter medium (they’re lighter than the other larger SoC pearl that I’ve got listed), and both show multicolour colour play across lighting environments.

I am not looking to split the pair at this time.

IMG_9413_CROPPED.png

IMG_9409_CROP.png

IMG_9430_CROPPED.png

IMG_9443_CROPPED.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Large single baroque Cortez is no longer available.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue akoyas from Cees (Amsterdam Pearls)
LT: https://loupetroop.com/listings/necklaces-and-pendants/blue-akoya-strand-16-unknotted-from-cees

I asked Cees for the most vivid blue strand that he had, and this is the one he selected - I received it yesterday. This strand is blue-blue, not 'kind of blue', not 'silvery blue'. I've included photos with my old Madamas and some baby white freshwaters - these blues err magenta/purple/violet rather than greenish like the Madamas.

This hank is the standard 16" without knots; with clasp it will be 18" if knotted between each pearl. Size graduates from 5.6mm to 7.9mm. Pearls have some surface imperfections and are off-round - like most off-round pearls they read round on the neck.

They're really beautiful but they're just too big for what I want, and I'm swimming in pearl projects right now... I can't justify hoarding them :(

1573849478428.png

1573849526095.png

1573849500040.png

1573849513237.png

Borrowed the other half's arm for an "against caucasian skin" pic ::)

1573849403764.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to specify - the blue akoyas listed above are a mix of Vietnamese and Japanese pearls. LT listing is updated as well.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The blue akoyas are no longer available.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SoC pair is no longer available.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LIGHT SILVER BODY BAROQUE TAHITIANS (10.7 - 8.7mm) FROM PEARL PARADISE - Still available!
https://loupetroop.com/listings/loo...ls-light-silver-body-tahitians-pearl-paradise

The strand was originally 18" long, and originally had 33 pearls. I removed 14 pearls for a bracelet, but I'm not going to use the remaining 19 pearls. The pearls I removed were from the middle and smaller ends - this remainder strand contains the largest central pearls from Pearl Paradise's original stringing.

These 19 pearls range from 10.7mm to 8.7mm wide, and the strand is just over 9.25" long without knots (each knot will add ~1mm). No clasp included.

Colour-wise they're light-bodied, and they have a slight blue cast in most lighting types. My favourite pearls are the ones that go from very light to very dark within the same pearl :sun:

I think Pearl Paradise's glamour setup makes it really difficult to judge surface texture. My pictures deliberately highlight the blemishing; on the wrist and neck the blemishes get lost in the textures and shapes of the baroque pearls - see wrist photos.

LIGHT_TAHITIAN_SCREENSHOT.jpg

LIGHT_TAHITIAN_A.png

LIGHT_TAHITIAN_WRIST.png

LIGHT_TAHITIAN_5.jpg

LIGHT_TAHITIAN_3.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREEN ROUND TAHITIAN STRAND (11 - 9mm) FROM CEES
https://loupetroop.com/listings/necklaces-and-pendants/green-round-tahitian-strand-11-9mm-cees

I purchased this strand from Cees several months ago - I asked for "green, round, high-lustre".

The pearls are slightly graduated, from 11mm to 9mm. I removed the pearls from the wire that Cees sent them to me on to reorganize the pearls. I have since put them on new temp thread in the same order that they were originally in.

Described as "lightly blemished", but I personally consider this strand to be "moderately blemished". I have included both Cees' photos and my own - mine highlight the blemishing. My asking price is hugely discounted compared to what I paid to reflect that.

Strand is standard length - 16" without knots, will knot to standard 18". No clasp included.

GREEN_TAHITIAN_CEES_B.jpg

GREEN_TAHITIAN_CEES_C.jpg

GREEN_TAHITIAN_0.png

GREEN_TAHITIAN_1.png

GREEN_TAHITIAN_3.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BABY MULTICOLOUR AKOYA 35.5" LENGTH (4 - 3.5mm) FROM CEES
https://loupetroop.com/listings/nec...r-35-dot-5-baby-akoya-strand-4-3-dot-5mm-cees

I bought three 16" strands (total 48") of these easter egg Akoya babies from Cees last year, and I've used 12.5" of that 48" on other projects.

I was planning to make a bubble style rope with these and some large pastel multicolour Tahitians (also from Cees). However, in the spirit of "if a plan doesn't materialise within a reasonable amount of time it ain't gonna happen", I'm listing both sets of pearls, and a discount for buying both, in the hope that someone else might want to do the same ::)

BABY_MULTICOLOUR_2.png

BABY_MULTICOLOUR_1.png

BABY_MULTICOLOUR_3.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

9" (WITHOUT KNOTS) LENGTH OF PASTEL MULTICOLOUR TAHITIAN ROUNDS (14 - 10mm) FROM CEES
https://loupetroop.com/listings/nec...und-tahitians-14-10mm-9-length-unknotted-cees

This is for a portion of a multicoloured strand of Tahitians that I bought from Cees last year. The strand originally had 37 pearls. I used 16 of the smaller and mid-sized pearls in another project. This remaining length of 21 pearls contains the largest seven pearls in the original strand. They're just too big for me - they are large pearls that make a statement!!

Some of the pearls have light blemishing but most are very clean. The light blemishing isn't noticeable at all when worn. The photos accurately represent the way these pearls show in-person.

I was planning to make a bubble style rope with these and some multicoloured baby Akoyas (also from Cees). However, in the spirit of "if a plan doesn't materialise within a reasonable amount of time it ain't gonna happen", I'm listing both sets of pearls, and a discount for buying both, in the hope that someone else might want to do the same ::)

LARGE_TAHITIAN_0.png

LARGE_TAHITIAN_1.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And together ::)

COMBO_1.png

COMBO_2.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too late to edit the above -

I would really, really like to send the easter egg Akoya babies off along with the pastel Tahitians, so I'll be prioritizing offers for both over just for the Akoyas alone. If the Tahitians sell separately then the Akoyas can of course go solo! :sun:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TEN-NYO (HANADAMA) AKOYA STRAND (9 - 8.5mm, will knot to 18") WITH PSL REPORT
https://loupetroop.com/listings/nec...d-9-8-dot-5mm-will-knot-to-18-with-psl-report

I've owned a Hanadama strand - purchased from Pearl Paradise - for a few years now.
I recently ran into a Ten-nyo strand. I've always wanted one - so I jumped on it.
The Ten-nyo strand is clearly more pink. However, to my eyes, lustre looks about the same as my older non-Ten-nyo Hanadama strand. Maybe a tad sharper. Other PSers with more experience with pearls have commented that the Ten-nyo strand looks more lustrous and more well-matched - discussion here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/akoya-opinions-i-think-i-need-a-reality-check.255627/

I just bought a third strand of Akoyas that is also quite pink, and I don't need two pink gem-quality Akoya strands. I paid a premium for this strand. However, I'm letting it go for quite a bit less, at current non-Ten-nyo, regular ol' Hanadama retail (using Pearl Paradise for price guidance), as my eyes don't appreciate a difference. I am actually still within return period on this, but... honestly I just feel bad returning - a costly return is probably the last thing a small business needs right now. If I might be so bold as to comment on my own listings... as far as "great deals" go this is probably the best deal on pearls that I'll ever post ::)

I asked to have a cheapie clasp added so that I could try wearing it. Clasp is exactly that - a temporary silver cheapie ;)) and I strongly recommend having this restrung with all pearls individually knotted! The strand is currently the standard 16" unknotted, and will knot to 18".

An explanation from PSL of the Ten-nyo grade:
1585686474843.png

TENNYO_A.png

TENNYO_C.png

TENNYO_D.png

TENNYO_PSL.JPG

In the photos below the Tennyo strand is the more pink strand, and the cream strand is my old Hanadama:

1585686608841.png

1585686653442.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOOSE ROUND PEAOCK TAHITIAN (10.07mm) WITH VERY STRONG OVERTONE
https://loupetroop.com/listings/loo...-round-10-dot-07mm-with-super-strong-overtone

This pearl is picture perfect. Superbly lustrous. Almost 100% clean (see photos for description of two blemishes) - it can be half-drilled or full-drilled such that it faces up completely clean for either a ring/pendant/earring or stringing. The body colour is a little lighter than my photos show. The overtone is insanely strong - it's actually stronger in-person than my photos show, and shifts between pink and violet depending on lighting. My camera wants to make everything green! Happy to take additional photos/video.

Measures 10.07mm by my calipers. It was purchased as 10.1mm. It has never been set.

TAHITIAN_2.png

TAHITIAN_1.png

TAHITIAN_BLEMISH.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pastel Tahitians and baby Akoyas are off to a new home together! ::)

All other pearls listed here are still available :))

Edit - I am also very open to trades, please reach out!! 2019 was my year of pearls, and I'm quite pearled out. And there are so many nuggets of delight that other PSers are looking to rehome...

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to post here about the Ten-nyo grade, as I’ve received a few emails asking for more info. I’m not an expert or a tradesperson, just someone who’s spent an excess of time reading about it ::) Google translate is questionable, but most vendors commonly referenced here on PS have a blog or two about it, and there are several threads on the pearls forum (I can’t link them, but doing Google searches for “ten-nyo”, “tennyo”, “tenyo”, and “Tenjo” pulls them up).

The Pearl Science Lab in Japan is our grading authority of interest. The lab will create certificates for any type of saltwater pearl (I’m not sure if they’ll do FW) - Tahitians, South Seas, Akoyas… Akoyas are the most common submissions. The lab offers a variety of certificates, two of which are “Hanadama” and “Ten-nyo”.

It’s tempting to compare Hanadama and Ten-nyo to GIA or AGSL in the diamond world, but I think those comparisons are misleading: GIA Excellent is a subset of GIA Very Good, which is a subset of GIA Good, which is a subset of GIA Fair, which is a subset of GIA Poor, and GIA is the authority that decides what grade a stone is worthy of - all stones submitted will earn one of those five cut grades.

The Aurora effect listed on some PSL reports is an analysis of refractive potential of the pearls’ surface - it’s an indicator of strength of iridescence (strength of that “soap bubble” effect). A strong Aurora effect is an implicit judgment of sufficient nacre tightness and lustre, as those are prerequisites for visible Aurora effect, but thick nacre and high lustre by themselves don’t guarantee orient. (They really don’t. I had to see it to believe it. It’s true.)

The Hanadama classification is binary: A strand/pair/bracelet/etc. either merits the title or it doesn’t. If it gets the title, it gets a report. If it doesn’t get the title, the submitter’s money goes down the drain.

The Ten-nyo classification is intended to represent the most iridescent pearls - “only pearls that score over 90/100 per assessment through the Aurora viewer”. The Ten-nyo title is similarly binary - either a piece earns it and gets a report, or it doesn’t.

Here’s where it gets knotty: The Hanadama report and the Ten-nyo report are different reports that submitters pay different fees for. Ten-nyo pearls aren’t automatically granted Hanadama reports. Ten-nyo pearls are, in practice, pearls that would also merit the Hanadama title, but a pearl - even a Ten-nyo pearl - that doesn’t have a Hanadama report isn’t a Hanadama pearl. Period. It might be “of Hanadama quality”.

… And it’s apparently all just marketing anyway. Hanadama is a range just like GIA EX - there are spectacular Hanadama pearls, there are meh Hanadama pearls, there are spectacular pearls that weren’t ever submitted to PSL that would definitively earn the Hanadama classification. Some Hanadama strands will be superior to some Ten-nyo strands. Some uncerted strands will be superior to some Ten-nyo strands. All Ten-nyo and Hanadama strands will be superior to anything you’ll find at Macy’s. Here in the US we’re familiar with and respect the Hanadama classification. In the East Asian market Ten-nyo is a more prestigious title than Hanadama, but the Ten-nyo grade is almost unheard-of here in the US, so a vendor targetting a US audience wouldn’t bother paying for a Ten-nyo report even if he’s got a strand of pearls that he knows would earn the title.

So how do all these Hanadama and Ten-nyo strands compare to Tiffany and Mikimoto? My thoughts... These are my thoughts and my thoughts only:
  1. Since both Hanadama and Ten-nyo are ranges, comparisons at the individual level will necessarily be anecdotal. And making generalizations based on anecdotes is a doomed endeavour.
  2. Mikimoto isn’t just a name - they birthed and perfected the art of culturing at scale. They have immense buying power. Their idea of “best” is based in expertise, not just exclusivity… Can Mikmoto’s AAA be outshone by non-branded, non-certed goods? Sure. How easy would it be to find pearls that outshine Mikimoto’s top grade? My answer would be “you haven’t a prayer if you don’t know someone who knows someone [...] at the start of the supply chain”. And when you do find those sorts of cream of the crop strands, well, you'll pay a pretty penny for one! Not a Mikimoto premium, but it won't be run of the mill retail Hanadama pricing either. I personally would recommend taking all those vendor articles that claim that their top grade is on par with or outclasses Mikimoto’s (despite costing orders of magnitude less) with a vat of salt: One is never going to luck into $20,000 pearls for $2,000 buying retail.
  3. Tiffany? I honestly haven’t a clue.

Last edited:

amti

Rough_Rock
I'm just now seeing your post. Love the closeups! That first SOC pearl is a stunner! So jealous you got to see their farm. And seeing the closeups of the big Ts and baby akoyas, it's going to be an amazing strand. I'm just a tad regretful I didn't get both!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to post here about the Ten-nyo grade, as I’ve received a few emails asking for more info. I’m not an expert or a tradesperson, just someone who’s spent an excess of time reading about it ::) Google translate is questionable, but most vendors commonly referenced here on PS have a blog or two about it, and there are several threads on the pearls forum (I can’t link them, but doing Google searches for “ten-nyo”, “tennyo”, “tenyo”, and “Tenjo” pulls them up).

The Pearl Science Lab in Japan is our grading authority of interest. The lab will create certificates for any type of saltwater pearl (I’m not sure if they’ll do FW) - Tahitians, South Seas, Akoyas… Akoyas are the most common submissions. The lab offers a variety of certificates, two of which are “Hanadama” and “Ten-nyo”.

It’s tempting to compare Hanadama and Ten-nyo to GIA or AGSL in the diamond world, but I think those comparisons are misleading: GIA Excellent is a subset of GIA Very Good, which is a subset of GIA Good, which is a subset of GIA Fair, which is a subset of GIA Poor, and GIA is the authority that decides what grade a stone is worthy of - all stones submitted will earn one of those five cut grades.

The Aurora effect listed on some PSL reports is an analysis of refractive potential of the pearls’ surface - it’s an indicator of strength of iridescence (strength of that “soap bubble” effect). A strong Aurora effect is an implicit judgment of sufficient nacre tightness and lustre, as those are prerequisites for visible Aurora effect, but thick nacre and high lustre by themselves don’t guarantee orient. (They really don’t. I had to see it to believe it. It’s true.)

The Hanadama classification is binary: A strand/pair/bracelet/etc. either merits the title or it doesn’t. If it gets the title, it gets a report. If it doesn’t get the title, the submitter’s money goes down the drain.

The Ten-nyo classification is intended to represent the most iridescent pearls - “only pearls that score over 90/100 per assessment through the Aurora viewer”. The Ten-nyo title is similarly binary - either a piece earns it and gets a report, or it doesn’t.

Here’s where it gets knotty: The Hanadama report and the Ten-nyo report are different reports that submitters pay different fees for. Ten-nyo pearls aren’t automatically granted Hanadama reports. Ten-nyo pearls are, in practice, pearls that would also merit the Hanadama title, but a pearl - even a Ten-nyo pearl - that doesn’t have a Hanadama report isn’t a Hanadama pearl. Period. It might be “of Hanadama quality”.

… And it’s apparently all just marketing anyway. Hanadama is a range just like GIA EX - there are spectacular Hanadama pearls, there are meh Hanadama pearls, there are spectacular pearls that weren’t ever submitted to PSL that would definitively earn the Hanadama classification. Some Hanadama strands will be superior to some Ten-nyo strands. Some uncerted strands will be superior to some Ten-nyo strands. All Ten-nyo and Hanadama strands will be superior to anything you’ll find at Macy’s. Here in the US we’re familiar with and respect the Hanadama classification. In the East Asian market Ten-nyo is a more prestigious title than Hanadama, but the Ten-nyo grade is almost unheard-of here in the US, so a vendor targetting a US audience wouldn’t bother paying for a Ten-nyo report even if he’s got a strand of pearls that he knows would earn the title.

So how do all these Hanadama and Ten-nyo strands compare to Tiffany and Mikimoto? My thoughts... These are my thoughts and my thoughts only:
  1. Since both Hanadama and Ten-nyo are ranges, comparisons at the individual level will necessarily be anecdotal. And making generalizations based on anecdotes is a doomed endeavour.
  2. Mikimoto isn’t just a name - they birthed and perfected the art of culturing at scale. They have immense buying power. Their idea of “best” is based in expertise, not just exclusivity… Can Mikmoto’s AAA be outshone by non-branded, non-certed goods? Sure. How easy would it be to find pearls that outshine Mikimoto’s top grade? My answer would be “you haven’t a prayer if you don’t know someone who knows someone [...] at the start of the supply chain”. And when you do find those sorts of cream of the crop strands, well, you'll pay a pretty penny for one! Not a Mikimoto premium, but it won't be run of the mill retail Hanadama pricing either. I personally would recommend taking all those vendor articles that claim that their top grade is on par with or outclasses Mikimoto’s (despite costing orders of magnitude less) with a vat of salt: One is never going to luck into $20,000 pearls for $2,000 buying retail.
  3. Tiffany? I honestly haven’t a clue.

You're a great writer girl.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pearls are dreamy :clap:
If only I could comfortably spend on bling right now.
Dust for quick sales!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TEN-NYO (HANADAMA) AKOYA STRAND (9 - 8.5mm, will knot to 18") WITH PSL REPORT
https://loupetroop.com/listings/nec...d-9-8-dot-5mm-will-knot-to-18-with-psl-report

I've owned a Hanadama strand - purchased from Pearl Paradise - for a few years now.
I recently ran into a Ten-nyo strand. I've always wanted one - so I jumped on it.
The Ten-nyo strand is clearly more pink. However, to my eyes, lustre looks about the same as my older non-Ten-nyo Hanadama strand. Maybe a tad sharper. Other PSers with more experience with pearls have commented that the Ten-nyo strand looks more lustrous and more well-matched - discussion here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/akoya-opinions-i-think-i-need-a-reality-check.255627/

I just bought a third strand of Akoyas that is also quite pink, and I don't need two pink gem-quality Akoya strands. I paid a premium for this strand. However, I'm letting it go for quite a bit less, at current non-Ten-nyo, regular ol' Hanadama retail (using Pearl Paradise for price guidance), as my eyes don't appreciate a difference. I am actually still within return period on this, but... honestly I just feel bad returning - a costly return is probably the last thing a small business needs right now. If I might be so bold as to comment on my own listings... as far as "great deals" go this is probably the best deal on pearls that I'll ever post ::)

I asked to have a cheapie clasp added so that I could try wearing it. Clasp is exactly that - a temporary silver cheapie ;)) and I strongly recommend having this restrung with all pearls individually knotted! The strand is currently the standard 16" unknotted, and will knot to 18".

An explanation from PSL of the Ten-nyo grade:
1585686474843.png

TENNYO_A.png

TENNYO_C.png

TENNYO_D.png

TENNYO_PSL.JPG

In the photos below the Tennyo strand is the more pink strand, and the cream strand is my old Hanadama:

1585686608841.png

1585686653442.png

@yssie, would you mind sharing who the vendor is, would we know of them?

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: @bright ice!

The vendor who found this strand for me is known to pearls PSers, yes!

I do prefer not to share vendor info on this public forum, though the buyer will of course get the receipt with this info. My reasoning actually ties into my earlier post about the Ten-nyo grade -

The vendor I purchased this from was very enthusiastic about this strand of pearls - said it's one of the best they've come across in this price range. I had specified that I wanted Ten-nyo, and that budget was flexible - I wanted the best that was available without a branding upcharge. I paid ~4.7k USD for this strand, which is a nontrivial premium over most US-based vendors' Hanadama/gem grade goods (American Pearl's Collection Quality is one exception - these strands are more pricey, and the nacre requirement is more demanding than Hanadama or Ten-nyo).

I recently purchased a third strand of Akoyas from a different vendor. Same budget specifications - but this time I was very explicit about my expectations and I had the advantage of having a strand in-hand to say "I want colour and clean surfaces and well-matched pearls like this, but more lustre. I'm willing to pay a Mikimoto premium for what I want, but I'd rather avoid that if I can do so without sacrificing quality". This third strand is uncerted (I wanted to send it to PSL but everything's haywire with the coronavirus situation), has slightly smaller pearls, and cost significantly more - it was apparently more wholesale than I paid for the Ten-nyo US retail. I am, of course, expecting commensurately more from this newest strand!

I want to be able to post "compare and contrast" photos here on PS. However, the lack of grading standardisation in the pearls industry makes it impossible to do that without pitting one vendors' idea of "best" against another's :???: It's really frustrating that you can't just say "this is AAA vs. AA" without invoking the vendor who assigned the grade! And since I'm not at all confident that I communicated my expectations clearly to the vendor from whom I purchased the Ten-nyo strand, because I made the assumption that any Ten-nyo would be the cat's meow and I excluded the option of going outside Ten-nyo classified strands... I'm not comfortable doing that.

Edited*

@bright ice D'you have my email? Feel free to shoot me one - happy to chat offline!

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Price on this strand dropped to $475 for PSers... And open to offers.
I paid $1200.
I don't think it's worth $1200, but it's certainly worth a whole lot more than $475.
Someone please give this strand the home it deserves.

All proceeds will go to the Mohawk Hudson Humane Society:

GREEN ROUND TAHITIAN STRAND (11 - 9mm) FROM CEES
https://loupetroop.com/listings/necklaces-and-pendants/green-round-tahitian-strand-11-9mm-cees

- - - - - - - - - -

All proceeds for sale of these pearls will go to the Nine Lives Foundation:

LOOSE ROUND PEAOCK TAHITIAN (10.07mm) WITH VERY STRONG OVERTONE
https://loupetroop.com/listings/loo...-round-10-dot-07mm-with-super-strong-overtone

LIGHT SILVER BODY BAROQUE TAHITIANS (10.7 - 8.7mm) FROM PEARL PARADISE - Still available!
https://loupetroop.com/listings/loo...ls-light-silver-body-tahitians-pearl-paradise

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Need to win lotto :mrgreen2:
dang ! :doh: Lotto is not an essential service so is not active durring the lock down

To give up some of these Yssie, your collection must be impressive

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I knew how to wear pearls lol. I literally own none, probably because I end up going with the shinier options since I"m such a magpie. Although I've never really seen really nice pearls, just whatever is at the local department store.

Do you happen to have neck shots on the ten-nyo you'd be willing to share?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I knew how to wear pearls lol. I literally own none, probably because I end up going with the shinier options since I"m such a magpie. Although I've never really seen really nice pearls, just whatever is at the local department store.

Do you happen to have neck shots on the ten-nyo you'd be willing to share?

I laughed out loud at the magpie comment. Even within pearls... I can’t resist shiny ball bearing lustre. Some people appreciate subtle gemstones - I get distracted by whatever’s most InMyFace :bigsmile:

I’ll take some pics today ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PSA:

The buyer of the large Tahitians has alerted to me the fact that there is damage around the drill holes, likely caused by improper drilling. As such, I will not be relisting them, and frankly I'm supremely irritated that I didn't think to check them when I bought them.

I am pulling listings of all pearls that I originally purchased from Cees.
These are the large Tahitians, baby Akoyas, and green Tahitians.

Folks, check your purchases. And thank you to the buyer of this strand, for both the alert and the reminder.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results