shape
carat
color
clarity

Paranoia about the perfect stone?

Shalom123

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
This community has been amazing with great knowledge about something I hope to purchase only once in my life.

I ended up purchasing a 2.5ct FIC (1.9 on HCA, J, VS2-eye clean, triple ex) with strong florescence for ~17k. I took the stone to a local jeweler for a few minutes and it looked like my stone had similar amounts of brilliance and scintillation (with more fire) compared to their inventory under their lights.

I am second guessing myself because of all the great IS pictures I've seen here. I understand it's not going to be perfect (not happy about the leakage under the table), but is there anything in the IS and ASET below that shows something seriously off that would be noticeable in real life by the average person? Do FIC stones usually have less brightness that show up in the IS?

Thanks for the help!
1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG Proportions.JPG

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
While it may not be super ideal proportions, that would be a fiery stone....which you have got at a very good price....imho. but it depends what your priorities are, are you happy with what you have purchased? What do you see under different lights, do you like it? If you are not happy with it and are within your return period then you can think of getting a super ideal.

Shalom123

Rough_Rock
The only thing I am not happy about are the IS images. It looks great in all lighting conditions that I've tested it, even in direct sunlight. So I guess I'm going to to keep it.

ctsamg

Rough_Rock
Congrats on a great purchase!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results