shape
carat
color
clarity

Oceanic Oval Ring

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As is so often the case this started with my thinking my dog is the cutest thing west of the Mississippi. (She is.)
Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 1.29.53 PM.png
I adore her sweet little face and do not have the heart to dress her up. So my options for coordinating looks are limited to accessories. :oops2:
So here it is. A sweet little oval to match the one on her collar. 1.27 FIBG/VS1 (GIA Report but it is heat treated.)
oKoUR9p7RpSYGd7vxFFPPw.jpg kARHkz9gS+iuhiAu1fmfIQ.jpg %04m5%IcT6aMrnARBflaUg.jpg LRx%FubFR3q%+Ihr6J0kCw.jpg dNjpjTqzSuyXjr0rS6jxeQ.jpg boBkAW5BTqiRxdlaEqoPcQ.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great Minds CoKitty! I have saved an oval for months now... but still haven't pulled the trigger yet..lol as I was not sure on heat treated or not. Yours is a beauty! can't wait to see how you set it! and love your pup... she is so adorable!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is the most AMAZING colour ever! How will you set it?

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The oval is sweetly petite at 8.37x5.53x3.56mm
81ksmFDBpoL._UL1000_.jpg il_1140xN.1302555405_e4jl.jpg
So I had to think about how to set a smaller stone and came up with the fabulous visual below and sent it off for review asking for a platinum setting with thin bezel with milgrain.
KYFnsP64RSaeiW97NUBCUQ.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great Minds CoKitty! I have saved an oval for months now... but still haven't pulled the trigger yet..lol as I was not sure on heat treated or not. Yours is a beauty! can't wait to see how you set it! and love your pup... she is so adorable!
Thank you! Lily is an angel and a joker, the sweetest little dog ever.
That is the most AMAZING colour ever! How will you set it?
Thank you, I love vibrant saturated colors! Two shakes and I will post what I have so far!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I sent my very silly visual and notes to David Klass. After a quick conversation with his CAD designer Amy and about 5 days later I had a CAD.
51434-QUAD.jpg
I liked and approved it and few days later David sent a plastic model of the ring.
b3nxMOjxQ2u7leM82Pk5Gg.jpg Kasn8VY+RUCMZLIZLHu2Fg.jpg LRQUbvlOSl+dNK1BDqkWDw.jpg

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The ring mockup fits well, is comfortable and didn't catch on surgical gloves. It is set up just high enough to allow for it to be stacked with other rings if I decide I need a little more sparkle or color.
%0ZKmMFJR1C7mMEOSWtUBw.jpg
YsRVtLqNQBu5GNG1F%fLfg.jpg aWYbEMoKRsi6VR1%MRDFpw.jpg FhhFoG1%RGKF9UNgqzbRgQ.jpg PX9ahw4JR9i+XoATuyl5LQ.jpg

AMRN0516

Rough_Rock
Gorge! Can wait to see the final product. Lovely dimensions for a petite stone at 8x5!

@cokitty I want to know more about that lovely emerald cut sapphire ring!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely design! can't wait to see how it turns out!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love that color!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry, I cant stop looking at your existing rings, they’re both beautiful. I love the setting of your emerald cut with sides-gorgeous, also your ring with trilliants is fab too.

Your Oval is a beautiful colour and I like the wax model of your setting, how exciting! Can’t wait to see the finished ring

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy moly!! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color just makes me swoon!!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I first read this as you were going to put this ON THE DOG COLLAR!!! :lol-2:

What a stunning diamond - that colour is :love:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ha ha, me too.
I thought I was outrageous getting a 925 silver disc engraved for my dogs collar, a blue/ green diamond - whoa.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be simply beautiful :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I cannot get over how freaking adorable your sweet baby is. I am so in LOVE:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

@cokitty your ring is going to be stunning. That color, that shape. Simply stunning.:love:
Dare I say SEA-licious.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Your dog is adorable, and your ring will be stunning! Can't wait to see the final result!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorge! Can wait to see the final product. Lovely dimensions for a petite stone at 8x5!

@cokitty I want to know more about that lovely emerald cut sapphire ring!!
That is a ring I had made for me by Steven Kirsch in 2014. He did a wonderful job and I was thrilled with the final ring.
0skfsbs018-jpg.397054

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-stone-ring-spinel-and-diamonds-by-sk.202218/
What a lovely design! can't wait to see how it turns out!
Thanks lovedogs! Waiting is the worst part,
I am grateful PS is here to share the impatience.
What a beautiful stone.
Thank you lambskin, I was quite happy when it arrived in the post.
Love that color!
Thanks DAF, a little color goes a long way!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry, I cant stop looking at your existing rings, they’re both beautiful. I love the setting of your emerald cut with sides-gorgeous, also your ring with trilliants is fab too.

Your Oval is a beautiful colour and I like the wax model of your setting, how exciting! Can’t wait to see the finished ring
Thank you @Hounddog!

Holy moly!! :love:
Thanks YF!

That color just makes me swoon!!

MGR, blue comes in so many fabulous shades, I am thrilled to have added this one to my collection!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

@HotPozzum. Nope! I worry that I am too hard on my jewelry and times, with Lily I would have to worry one of the mastiffs would eat it.

Ha ha, me too.
I thought I was outrageous getting a 925 silver disc engraved for my dogs collar, a blue/ green diamond - whoa.
Oh no Miss @Bron357, much as I adore my puppy pal she wont be getting diamonds, I am afraid even her pearls aren't real. I am terrible dog mom. :nono:
This is her current collar:
estate_in_turquo_50b8f4d1afb2e.jpg

This is going to be simply beautiful :love:
Thank you Alex T!
OMG I cannot get over how freaking adorable your sweet baby is. I am so in LOVE:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
@cokitty your ring is going to be stunning. That color, that shape. Simply stunning.:love:
Dare I say SEA-licious.
Aww thank you Missy and I love your pun!
Your dog is adorable, and your ring will be stunning! Can't wait to see the final result!
Your dog is pretty cute too! Maybe y'all need some matching bling???

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
What beautiful rings! Cute puppy too! Blue must be one of your favorite colors (it’s my favorite) because I also like your blue pearl granite!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
These are my colors - I love your choices!

The bezels worry me a bit. If you ever wished to consider prongs - even the kind that peg a diamond within a bezel, there is a spectacular example of clusters of small marquises flanking a ruby cab at AoP, constructed with remarkably short & small dot prongs to be seen.

2c

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
well, I love your diamond. The color is striking. And you can tell by my avatar that I'm a Boston Terrier lover (and owner) too!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What beautiful rings! Cute puppy too! Blue must be one of your favorite colors (it’s my favorite) because I also like your blue pearl granite!
Rockcollector, I do enjoy blue! It is such a versatile color, it fits every mood. :)
These are my colors - I love your choices!

The bezels worry me a bit. If you ever wished to consider prongs - even the kind that peg a diamond within a bezel, there is a spectacular example of clusters of small marquises flanking a ruby cab at AoP, constructed with remarkably short & small dot prongs to be seen.
2c
Thank you AV, they are fun colors to see. I have seen the style you are referring to but I must admit, it doesn't resonate with me. For some reason that style always makes me think of Audrey in the little shop of horrors. I think I would hear "feed me Seymour"...
upload_2019-3-4_15-54-0.jpeg

Very nice.
Thanks PG2522!
well, I love your diamond. The color is striking. And you can tell by my avatar that I'm a Boston Terrier lover (and owner) too!
Thanks Lookinagain! Aren't Bostons the sweetest little dogs? Do you have a frenchie as well?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I do see what you mean.

I used to see leaves not teeth, but, they say shark teeth are leaf like ''' & so they are!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I am drooling, that stone is so perfect! The color is to die for! I can't wait to see the final product.

@AV_ Do you mean that a bezel might be a little less secure than prongs? I've always thought that bezels obscured light reflection a bit, as much as I love them. I haven't heard any bezel nightmares though.

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@LinSF I am thinking what you are thinking: the bezels will darken all of the 'light leakage' areas, and in small marquises, there must be plenty. There must be some subtleties here - eg. the kind of 'bezel' that are frames of metal sitting just under the girdle (with the diamonds clamped to them by short prongs; AOP does this for sidestones routinely; DK sometimes - e.g. the sides of @mrs-b 's three-stone) seem to have a different effect - like @KKJohnson 's , etc.

Just a thought... I love gypsy setting which seems to be the worst of all for diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results