shape
carat
color
clarity

Not cheaper by the dozen - mrs-b's new projects - watch this space!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A month or so ago I sold a gorgeous VC H&A stone to a wonderful PS'er (and I will be posting photos of her new ring for her later!) This has enabled me to make a major push to get all my projects dunzo!

I contacted DKJ and spent some time with the lovely Amy Phillips commissioning 12 new pieces. They'll be coming one at a time over the next 2 months and, rather than hog the SMTB forum, I thought I'd post all of them here as they arrive.

The first one out of the gate is my re-set pearl and diamond earrings. These earrings were previously set on shepherd's hooks, but as I've grown older and my face has drooped, I've come to prefer earrings that don't hang so low, visually elongating my face even more. (Yes, I know - my new gold and diamond drops are 3". There is no explaining that, except to say they're beautiful!)

I asked to have the shepherd's hooks removed and for pear shaped diamonds to be put in their place. The earrings are now studs. The pearls (South Sea, AAA grade) in the photos are roughly 14 and a half mm long, so all up the earrings will be around 1.25". I'll post more photos when they arrive - but this is what Amy sent me last night.

The round diamonds are BGD Signature cut - F color, VS1 clarity, 17 points each. The pears are G IF, 32 points each, cut as a pair and perfectly matched. All up, 1.66 ctw in 18kt rhodium plated white gold with 14.5mm AAA South Sea pearl drops.

Veeeeerry happy with how these turned out!

DKJPV_0503_PE-0002.jpg

DKJPV_0503_PE-0003.jpg

DKJPV_0503_PE-0004.jpg

Attachments

• DKJPV_0503_PE-0002.jpg
    DKJPV_0503_PE-0002.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
(((I asked to have the shepherd's hooks removed and for a pear shaped diamond to be put in its place. The diamonds are now studs. The pearls (South Sea, AAA grade) in the photos are roughly 14 and a half mm long, so all up the earrings will be around 1.25". I'll post more photos when they arrive - but this is what Amy sent me last night.

The round diamonds are BGD Signature cut - F color, VS1 clarity, 17 points each. The pears are G IF, 32 points each, cut as a pair and perfectly matched. All up, 1.66 ctw in 18kt rhodium plated white gold with 14.5mm AAA South Sea pearl drops.

Veeeeerry happy with how these turned out!)))

DKJPV_0503_PE-0002.jpg

DKJPV_0503_PE-0003.jpg

DKJPV_0503_PE-0004.jpg [/QUOTE]

These are absolutely STUNNING!!!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooohhhh, this is going to be exciting!!!!!! And your new earrings are DIVINE! :geek2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful :love:. Looking forward to seeing your haul. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Owww! I already love this thread!!!
Your earrings are absolutely stunning. Very classic and fresh.

Q

Queenie60

I love the earrings- they're fabulous! Can't wait to see everything you're having made. You have great taste.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous earrings! Definitely watching this thread to see all the reveals! :love:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Wowsers!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you,@bright ice, @ILikeShiny, @missy @Acinom, @Queenie60, @stonewell and @Austina!

I think I said in a previous thread that I tend to get about 50% of my projects just right - and half will end up being remade over time. This pair is a re-set to adjust for length and to add some bling to the top of the earring; I wasn't fond of the long, plain, bare metal - then all the bling at the bottom. But now they're exactly what I wanted and will become a forever piece. :)

@Acinom - you've been in my thoughts. I hope all is going well with you.

Last edited:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you,@bright ice, @ILikeShiny, @missy @Acinom, @Queenie60, @stonewell and @Austina!

I think I said in a previous thread that I tend to get about 50% of my projects jus right - and half will end up being remade over time. This pair is a re-set to adjust for length and to add some bling to the top of the earring; I wasn't fond of the long, plain, bare metal - then all the bling at the bottom. But now they're exactly what I wanted and will become a forever piece. :)

@Acinom - you've been in my thoughts. I hope all is going well with you.

This was a perfect design for them!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I too can’t wait for the dozen reveals.

Me thinks we’re going to be running out of superlatives, ladies (and gents!).

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve just hit “Watch thread”. Exciting!
Your earrings are beautiful, can’t wait to see your next projects!

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow these are breathtakingly beautiful! Wonderful balance of classic beautiful with intricate details.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings!!! I have a few small projects I want David to do as well.
Currently, David is resetting my ACA and he is just putting in the final touches on the setting. He made it a while ago but I was hesitant to send over my diamond bc I just didn’t want to let it go :cry2:!
He is also resizing my rose cut flower ring and adding milgrain to it.
I can’t wait to see your projects come to fruition!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are absolutely gorgeous!! I can't wait to see each new addition. Lucky you!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are incredible, MrsB!!! I loved them before but now they are even more beautiful!:love:

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Stunning earrings. Always loved pearl drops for earrings...:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: looking forward to the rest of your projects...

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
I loved the earrings with the shepard’s hooks and diamonds, but the new setting with the pear diamond studs in tres elegante. Love them!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love these earrings, Mrs b! Can’t wait to see all of your pieces"

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They turned out wonderfully. I can't wait to see the next 11!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, those earrings are beautiful!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW, beautiful design mrs-b, simply stunning! :love: Hope you post some pics of them on too, I bet they'll be perfect!! :appl:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love: Will definitely be tuning into this thread to see all the amazing pieces to come!!!!!!!!!:appl::appl::appl:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classy and beautiful!! I love the different outlines...pear, three rounds in a triangular shape and then the round pearl and then the petals cradling the back of the pearl!!!!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, can't wait to see the rest!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jaw droppingly beautiful earrings!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had to click watch thread on this one!!!! Love your earring reset!!:lol:

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
WOW! this made my heart patter... really elegant.. Not sure what they were before.. but really lovely.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, these are BEAUTIES!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful, classic twist on the classic stud :appl:

14.5mm... you weren't joking about go big or go home!! :sun: They're showstoppers :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results