shape
carat
color
clarity

New little diamond huggie hoops

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always wanted a pair of Diamond Huggies, but haven't ever felt like I could or should spend the money on them. I was shopping recently, and found these super cute, tiny diamond huggies and the price was really good (around $300), so I decided to treat myself.

When I got them home, I realized that they were mostly metal (cut to sparkle), with tiny diamonds, which I hadn't been able to see very well at the store, because I'm about to need reading glasses :lol:. I almost took them back the next day, but then I realized that they fit several of my criteria, and I've looked off and on for years:
1. Perfect size
2. Good solid hinge/clasp
3. SO comfortable I can sleep in them
4. Sparkly (even if it's mostly cut metal)

The jewelry store has a trade in policy, where I can get the full amount in credit if I want to upgrade to twice the price, so I've decided that for an every day pair of earrings, they are work really well for now. I've worn them every day for a month now and I love them. IMG_2627.jpeg IMG_2653-1.jpeg IMG_2971-1.jpeg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure why those pictures are so big, sorry! I think the last one shows how little the diamonds are, if you get close enough to see what's really going on. I hope I can keep trading up until I get some really good ones eventually!

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow these are really nice and the diamonds are bigger than I would have expected! A great price too. They look very nice on you - professional and classy.

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the size of the huggies. They look so nice and sparkly in your ears!!!!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect size! I think they look great. I also got huggie hoops for Christmas and love that I can sleep in them. Although maybe I shouldn't since my ear holes are sagging.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Those are just LOVELY! And WHAT A DEAL! Congrats & enjoy! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are so pretty @violet3! They are great for everyday wear, love them on you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Versatile and they pack a blingy punch. Perfect everyday earrings. :love:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone! I think they are perfect for every day earrings too - I felt a little silly when I got home that I hadn't seen how tiny the diamonds are, and then I felt silly for assuming they were bigger than that because then they wouldn't have been that price :lol:.

Half the battle for me (and I frequent jewelry stores often) is the size and shape and the clasp being really secure and comfortable, so I figured that if I couldn't see how small the diamonds are, neither could anyone else unless they were SUPER close to my face.

I'm already planning for next year's trade-up! I teach at a University and Fall semester is ROUGH. I have been thinking it would be a nice reward after grades go in, to treat myself for my hard work. This trading policy could be really bad for me :))

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    692 bytes · Views: 10

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect size! I think they look great. I also got huggie hoops for Christmas and love that I can sleep in them. Although maybe I shouldn't since my ear holes are sagging.

Yay for Christmas huggies!!! Can I see a picture of yours? (PS - my ear holes are sagging too) @dizzyakira

Last edited:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love!!

Mish_b

Rough_Rock
I've always wanted a pair of Diamond Huggies, but haven't ever felt like I could or should spend the money on them. I was shopping recently, and found these super cute, tiny diamond huggies and the price was really good (around $300), so I decided to treat myself.

When I got them home, I realized that they were mostly metal (cut to sparkle), with tiny diamonds, which I hadn't been able to see very well at the store, because I'm about to need reading glasses :lol:. I almost took them back the next day, but then I realized that they fit several of my criteria, and I've looked off and on for years:
1. Perfect size
2. Good solid hinge/clasp
3. SO comfortable I can sleep in them
4. Sparkly (even if it's mostly cut metal)

The jewelry store has a trade in policy, where I can get the full amount in credit if I want to upgrade to twice the price, so I've decided that for an every day pair of earrings, they are work really well for now. I've worn them every day for a month now and I love them. IMG_2627.jpeg IMG_2653-1.jpeg IMG_2971-1.jpeg
They are very cute and pretty! Suit you well. Perfect for everyday use.

Q

Queenie60

They look great. And if you like them, that's what counts most. Enjoy wearing your new beauties.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sweet! They will be perfect for everyday wear too! Enjoy !

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great. And if you like them, that's what counts most. Enjoy wearing your new beauties.

This was my thought also @Queenie60! I was thinking about taking them back when I realized that the fact that I like them is all that really matters, plus the price was great (because they're so small). No one but my husband gets close enough to my face to see what's really going on with them, and he hasn't even noticed that I got them! :lol:

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Those illusion settings... grrrr!

They are still very nice and I’m glad they’re comfortable.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those illusion settings... grrrr!

They are still very nice and I’m glad they’re comfortable.

I know :lol:! I've worn glasses since I was 11 years old - I'm almost to the point where I need reading glasses (I'm 42) but my eye doctor convinced me I could probably make it to closer to 50 before I need bifocals. Well that day, he was sure wrong - in the store I really couldn't see it. But I'm happy I got them anyway - they really are a perfect size and SUPER comfy.

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
I love these Violet! I am on the hunt for some diamond huggies and these actually seem perfect - the diamonds seem pretty substantial for the size of the earrings in the photos especially for the price! Plus I love love your doggies.... mine's a cocker spaniel (I am a sucker for spaniels of all kinds :razz:)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these Violet! I am on the hunt for some diamond huggies and these actually seem perfect - the diamonds seem pretty substantial for the size of the earrings in the photos especially for the price! Plus I love love your doggies.... mine's a cocker spaniel (I am a sucker for spaniels of all kinds :razz:)

Thank you!!! I love YOUR dog - I’m a spaniel girl all the way also . I got these at Kay Jewelers - I have no idea what the total carat weight is, but it’s tiny. They are super sparkly though because if the cut metal - let me see if I can find a stick photo of something similar for you. BRB.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
08A68C27-FBA6-4C8A-8270-4338A0171C3E.jpeg
These aren’t the exact earrings, but show the idea close up.

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
oh wow... now I see what you mean by cut metal! what a neat trick ;-)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look perfect. Enjoy.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whelp, it looks like my perfect little diamond huggies have to go back to the store to be returned. Although they felt like they have a really secure clasp, which is why I purchased them, one is not quite as strong as the other. The one earring has fallen out of my ear twice in a month :cry2:.

The first time, it was at night and I was walking down a dark street - I felt it fall, and stopped walking. My friend walking with me said "I see it!" and picked it up for me. The second time, I was at my husband's restaurant and it fell out and I never even felt it. But I was retracing my steps and decided to go back to the restaurant and check - there it was lying under the chair where I had been sitting. What a miracle! I'm afraid to wear them now, which makes me sad, but I know the third time is a charm, and I may never find it again.

The jewelry store where I purchased them has a trade in policy, where you can get full value for the purchase as long as you spend twice the $$$ on your new pair. So, it looks like I'll be trading up after only 2 months. I'm bummed because they really were the perfect every day size. I stopped to try on the bigger earrings last night, and they are pretty and have a different clasp, which I'm hoping makes them more secure. I'll post pics when I get them!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great on you and look fairly sturdy too. Sorry to hear you are having problems with the clasp. Can it be fixed?
I see you are getting a bigger pair...I'll be waiting for pics!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great on you and look fairly sturdy too. Sorry to hear you are having problems with the clasp. Can it be fixed?
I see you are getting a bigger pair...I'll be waiting for pics!

Thank you @tyty333! I really thought they WERE sturdy - I enjoyed wearing them for a month with no issues, but then in February it fell out twice. I went back to the store to see if it could be fixed but it still "snaps" into place like it should. It's just not quite as hard to get back open as the other one. It might be fixable, but they didn't indicate that was the case. Also, I'm just nervous now - I'm getting the feeling that these earrings and I are not meant to be together sad :((. These were about 1/10 carat, and the new earrings are 1/4 carat, so they look a bit bigger. Hoping I have better luck with them!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
B36BDF0E-47A7-4BE5-9EBC-589E7402452C.jpeg 330B1F11-2E0D-4EB5-B2B3-6B3D7E0E26B7.jpeg 75784B35-DFED-47E8-9611-310065E09C4F.jpeg F0C02C2B-9E8D-4CA4-8A95-080A73617B33.jpeg Traded up! The New earrings are nice - I actually preferred the petite size of the first pair, but I like these also. They are very sparkly :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results