shape
carat
color
clarity

Need washer and dryer recommendations please!

My washer died and my husband is bailing out the water as I write this. I need to get some good recommendations for an electric washer and dryer. I use it a lot so want something that is reliable. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! There are worse things to have happen but I have a lot on my plate right now so just want to make an easy decision..:kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love Miele. My sister loves Bosch.

cheers--Sharon

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a pair of HG, it’s been about 12 years and they are still going but the washer needs a new belt. I spoke to a technician and he said because of the age it’s recommended to just buy a new set. They don’t make them like they use to

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We bought the one that does the overnight ready function. It has been good - no issues. I like that I can toss a shirt and pants in before I go to bed and in the morning they will be washed dried and ready to go ( it will not dry loads it only works for just a few items at a time. )

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been using LG front door 4.2cu ft model for couple years now. Very happy with how it washes. The steam option is great for getting out stains. The model I bought was in top 5 of Consumer Reports ratings so I recommend checking their current ratings.

The dryer came with the house and is still going strong. It must be over 20 years old but I can't bring myself to throw out a working appliance.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my front load LG washer and dryer. They sit on platforms. Perfect for my aging knees and back. They actually make washing a pleasant job!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's what I did in my house and it's such a life saver

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
Love my LG frontloader. We had a top loader without an agitator and I hated it. It was always becoming unbalanced and did a terrible job of removing excess water.

If my cabinets were 3 inches higher I would have also purchased the sidekick for mini loads.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @baby monster @AprilBaby @kipari @Miss Marple !
I have an LG set now that came with the house six years ago..The previous owners had just bought it a year before we bought the house so it was relatively new. It’s a top loader..It never used enough water and the clothes would get twisted because there wasn’t an agitator..It looks like the front loaders are different because you all recommended the LG. I’m going to check them out and the Miele suggested by Canukgal..I have a Miele dishwasher that I love. I have a good start! I plan on doing something today or tomorrow! Clothes are piling up! I appreciate the help!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Mamabean sorry your washer broke. What a hassle. Here are the top CR recommendations.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 9.02.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 9.02.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 9.02.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 9.03.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 9.03.12 AM.png

Good luck and hope you find a great replacement soon!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @Mamabean sorry your washer broke. What a hassle. Here are the top CR recommendations.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 9.02.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 9.02.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 9.02.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 9.03.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 9.03.12 AM.png

Good luck and hope you find a great replacement soon!
Wow!! Thank you Missy! :kiss2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 32 years old Maytag washer and dryer is the best ...still going strong.

images

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speed Queen.

It's one brand that still makes them like they used to. Reasonably priced too.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Speed Queen.

It's one brand that still makes them like they used to. Reasonably priced too.
I wanted to get that brand but the tub is too small! I’m a comforter and blanket washer..Blankets get washed like sheets in my house..My son wraps himself like a burrito when he sleeps...and they don’t stay tucked in. Also we get lots of guests in our Maryland house so I’m always bringing home the blankets from there to Pa to wash. :roll2:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am too! Blankets, no problem (Large, queen size ones). I wash queen comforters (fluffy down-alternative comforters) in it. I have tried my King (again, down alternative) and it's not ideal but it gets me by.

After the tub finishes filling, you can pull the knob again and fill it some more. There's also a hack to reset the water level so you get more per fill, I just haven't attempted it yet.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I am too! Blankets, no problem (Large, queen size ones). I wash queen comforters (fluffy down-alternative comforters) in it. I have tried my King (again, down alternative) and it's not ideal but it gets me by.

After the tub finishes filling, you can pull the knob again and fill it some more. There's also a hack to reset the water level so you get more per fill, I just haven't attempted it yet.
Can you tell me what your model number is? It should be just on the back upper part of the washer. I can see mine just peeking over the back..Hopefully you can see it! I’m going today and coming back with some kind of washer..and dryer..You can’t believe the pile up. I got back from Rehobeth Beach Sunday so wasn’t able to do a wash while I was gone..and my husband was away on business all last week..so he had a bunch too..The wash looks like a mountain!:eek2:

Curby311

Rough_Rock
I got an LG washer/dryer earlier this year and it is working great. Both my parents and brother have had them for several years. There are several models that have different size tubs. The one I got is a 4.5 CuFt and it easily fits our king comforters so whichever brand you decide on maybe try to get that size or bigger. One of the reasons we had gotten LG overs others is that it had the extra-rinse cycles which has helped my sensitivity to laundry detergent. I got the sidekick mini washer for it but honestly barely ever use it. Also when shopping there are a lot of the big box stores that will price match competitors and then drop 10%. Good luck finding something. It was one of my less enjoyable projects of the year. Remember, new toys are fun :twirl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got an LG washer/dryer earlier this year and it is working great. Both my parents and brother have had them for several years. There are several models that have different size tubs. The one I got is a 4.5 CuFt and it easily fits our king comforters so whichever brand you decide on maybe try to get that size or bigger. One of the reasons we had gotten LG overs others is that it had the extra-rinse cycles which has helped my sensitivity to laundry detergent. I got the sidekick mini washer for it but honestly barely ever use it. Also when shopping there are a lot of the big box stores that will price match competitors and then drop 10%. Good luck finding something. It was one of my less enjoyable projects of the year. Remember, new toys are fun :twirl:
Do you know your model number?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been using LG front door 4.2cu ft model for couple years now. Very happy with how it washes. The steam option is great for getting out stains. The model I bought was in top 5 of Consumer Reports ratings so I recommend checking their current ratings.

The dryer came with the house and is still going strong. It must be over 20 years old but I can't bring myself to throw out a working appliance.
I wrestled a little about getting a matching dryer or leaving the other one which still works fine. I’m leaning towards just getting the new dryer so they match..especially if I wind up with a different brand.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Model AWN432SP113TW01

Went out for a walk, hope this gets to you in time! And good luck!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Curby311

Rough_Rock
Do you know your model number?

For the washer: WM4370HWA
Dryer: DLEX4370W
I did one of the sidekicks too which had the model#WD100CW
Pedestal was: WDP4W
I wanted to use my old pedestals but some manufacturers won't honor the warranties if it is on a different size/manufacturer pedestal.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
For the washer: WM4370HWA
Dryer: DLEX4370W
I did one of the sidekicks too which had the model#WD100CW
Pedestal was: WDP4W
I wanted to use my old pedestals but some manufacturers won't honor the warranties if it is on a different size/manufacturer pedestal.
Thank you!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay! I tried getting the same LG machines with the model numbers. Many were back ordered until January! Others were replaced with ones that weren’t as good. I stopped researching because there are no perfect washing machines and I was getting stressed out...I ordered an LG with a three year service agreement which I never do..but just in case I get a lemon..:confused2: Thank you for all your help! At least I got a front loader! It’s not coming for ten days so I will be washing clothes in my sink! :eek2:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay! I tried getting the same LG machines with the model numbers. Many were back ordered until January! Others were replaced with ones that weren’t as good. I stopped researching because there are no perfect washing machines and I was getting stressed out...I ordered an LG with a three year service agreement which I never do..but just in case I get a lemon..:confused2: Thank you for all your help! At least I got a front loader! It’s not coming for ten days so I will be washing clothes in my sink! :eek2:
It's surprising how long the lead time for delivery is now. I had to wait 3 weeks for my LG washing machine. Sears had the shortest wait back then compared to other retailers. Recently, I had to replace my fridge and the delivery window was 6 weeks for LG model I picked. Nobody keeps inventory anymore, it's pretty much coming directly from the factory.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was really surprised because some Speed Queens could come in two days. They were too small for my family though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats @Mamabean! I love the red front loader LG washer dryer we have at the shore house. I especially love the color. The only caveat I have and you probably already know this if you already dealt with front loaders is that I find it can be mildewy smelling if I don't keep it slightly open when not in use. So that's what I do and we do not have an issue with it. I love the extra rinse cycle to wash all the detergent off and knock wood so far so good. It's over 10 years old and fingers crossed it keeps working. Hope you love your new purchase and that it gets the job done!

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 1.18.04 PM.png

What color did you choose?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results