shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some advice please

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
Hello all, new here

I am taking the plunge and starting my search. I was at Robbins Rocks in DE checking our some rings.

They are super friendly and very knowledgeable. They have Yehuda enhanced diamonds as well as natural. I was blown away by a .90 D color S3 (after enhancement) diamond. It just poped so much compared to everything else i looked at. The only the that scares me is that is is clarity enhanced. From the naked eye I can't tell at all, I saw it under microscope against a S1 and you can easily see the difference. It was priced at $4,800 where the .80 H color natural S1 was at $4K.

I wanted to go natural but that D color is unbeliverable. Any advice is really appreciated especially regarding the enhancement. Also both are GSI certified and have lifetime full trade up value.

Thanks everyone!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry but my advice is not to buy clarity enhanced. They have no value on the resale market.

Also, I have GIA color E diamond studs and a GIA color I pendant and no one can tell the difference between the two.

1) clarity enhanced is worthless

2) SI3 is pretty bad

3) the price is outrageous, total rip off

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What is your budget? I am sure we can find you something beautiful, without enhancement. What is your specific criteria or priorities?

cheers--Sharon

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can get a one carat G VS2 from Martin at usa certified diamonds for the same price.

http://usacerteddiamonds.com/usagia/index_search.html

He will email you ASET and photos too.

You are getting played at the store you went to and you have completely fallen for it. Only buy from them if you want your intended to wear the worst diamond you could have picked out ever.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is your lesson for today:

Which is the E and which is the I color stone?
IMG_0525.PNG

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can get a one carat G VS2 from Martin at usa certified diamonds for the same price.

http://usacerteddiamonds.com/usagia/index_search.html

He will email you ASET and photos too.

You are getting played at the store you went to and you have completely fallen for it. Only buy from them if you want your intended to wear the worst diamond you could have picked out ever.

Oops, my link didn't work: here is a screen shot

IMG_3216.PNG

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
Hey thanks for the replies. I've very new at this obviously... reason I am shopping around and I came here for honest advice. I appreciate it everyone.

My budget is 6500 all in, would be happy to spend 6K. The setting was 1700. I attached a picture of the style she wants.

I wanted between a .8 and 1 caret. As for color H or above, color is pretty important as I want that sparkle factor without yellow against the white gold setting. Clarity, honestly I'm clueless... and a round diamond.

How does purchasing a diamond online like that work? Since it's just the stone I know I need to get the ring and then get it placed. Will I get charged and arm and leg since I didn't buy it all from the jeweler I bring it to or can I do it all order and have it sent. Thank you everyone again so much it is really appreciated.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Give us 20 minutes and we will have your complete ring ready for purchase lol. We love this.

Online, believe it or not, is easy peasy. For that budget, we might be able to get you a super ideal diamond. Stick with the vendors here and honesty and integrity are included in the purchase.

I'm curious what your guess in about the diamonds I photographed.... which do you think is the I?

Whiteflash might have settings similar to the gabriel setting.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting appears to be "u prong" pave halo

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
Give us 20 minutes and we will have your complete ring ready for purchase lol. We love this.

Online, believe it or not, is easy peasy. For that budget, you might be able to get you a super ideal diamond. Stick with the vendors here and honesty and integrity are included in the purchase.

I'm curious what your guess in about the diamonds I photographed.... which do you think is the I?

Whiteflash might have settings similar to the gabriel setting.
Haha you guys are amazing, this is a really difficult thing to understand. I feel like I'm buying a used car with no online research available for comparisons...

As for the pic I think the right one is the E? But it's incredibly difficult to tell the difference. I am all about doing my research and homework to get the best for my money. This is something that's forever and I want the best for my budget. Again just want to say thanks. I never realized you could order diamonds direct like this online with certs and guarantees

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey thanks for the replies. I've very new at this obviously... reason I am shopping around and I came here for honest advice. I appreciate it everyone.

My budget is 6500 all in, would be happy to spend 6K. The setting was 1700. I attached a picture of the style she wants.

I wanted between a .8 and 1 caret. As for color H or above, color is pretty important as I want that sparkle factor without yellow against the white gold setting. Clarity, honestly I'm clueless... and a round diamond.

How does purchasing a diamond online like that work? Since it's just the stone I know I need to get the ring and then get it placed. Will I get charged and arm and leg since I didn't buy it all from the jeweler I bring it to or can I do it all order and have it sent. Thank you everyone again so much it is really appreciated.

I wanted to comment that color has NOTHING to do with sparkle! CUT makes a diamond sparkle! :) And a GIA/AGS certed H will be white.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for my ignorance it what is HIS and what does 6.14mm mean?

I know the color scale, and clarity scale, caret size, that's about it. Not even 100% sure about what excellent vs very good cut is... appreciate the information

6.14 is the diameter (or face up size). Carat is not size, it is weight. You need to focus on the diameter of the stone. Some 0.9 ct will face up larger than 0.95 ct... and vice versa.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkle has nothing to do with diamond color. Sparkle has to do with how well it is cut. You want a GIA Excellent cut stone that falls into the range of AGS Ideal cut. You are fine with G-H in a well cut stone because they will face up white.

Gabriel and Co settings are carried by Good Old Gold (lifetime trade up, etc). Here's a gorgeous cut .90 G VS2 for just $4035. The stone has fluorescence which is very cool, too! (But you'd never see it unless there is UV light present.)

https://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond...arrows-EX-GIA-G-VS2-diamond-stock-15974-cert-

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, what is the cost of that Gabriel setting she wants? A lot of PS vendors would be able to get you that setting -- probably for less.

I would contact Yekutiel at ID Jewelry (IDJ) and tell him your budget along with that Gabriel setting. Tell him you want the biggest, nicest, "PS-picky" stone he can find that is white and eye clean... for your budget.

Here is the website for contact info: http://idjewelry.com/

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i would be done with the good old gold diamond. It is perfect!

John, call John at Good old Gold right now and put that one on hold!

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
And I keep learning... Haha so cut is a major deal along with color. Sounds good. Sorry I'm not responding to everyone individually. I am taking it all in though!

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
OP, what is the cost of that Gabriel setting she wants? A lot of PS vendors would be able to get you that setting -- probably for less.

I would contact Yekutiel at ID Jewelry (IDJ) and tell him your budget along with that Gabriel setting. Tell him you want the biggest, nicest, "PS-picky" stone he can find that is white and eye clean... for your budget.
No price on the setting. The picture was just the style that she tried on and loved. My all in was 6500 max. Hoping more for 6K that includes the setting. Hope that helps

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No price on the setting. The picture was just the style that she tried on and loved. My all in was 6500 max. Hoping more for 6K that includes the setting. Hope that helps

Call "Yukie" at IDJ... he's been known to work wonders and find unicorns! :wavey:

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
Sparkle has nothing to do with diamond color. Sparkle has to do with how well it is cut. You want a GIA Excellent cut stone that falls into the range of AGS Ideal cut. You are fine with G-H in a well cut stone because they will face up white.

Gabriel and Co settings are carried by Good Old Gold (lifetime trade up, etc). Here's a gorgeous cut .90 G VS2 for just $4035. The stone has fluorescence which is very cool, too! (But you'd never see it unless there is UV light present.)

https://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond...arrows-EX-GIA-G-VS2-diamond-stock-15974-cert-
Wow that's incredible and so is the price! So is good old gold like the other sites you posted? They can do the setting with that stone etc... I can't even imagine what I would have felt if I bought the one I saw today then found all of this

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cut is the largest factor in a quality diamond. Consider cut before all else.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, GOG can do it all and send you the completed ring. Tell John we sent you.

John Ksionska

Rough_Rock
Yes, GOG can do it all and send you the completed ring. Tell John we sent you.
Going to call now, can't thank all of you enough. Incredible difference in price and quality...

Novice question how does the fluorescence in diamonds work? Under UV light they change color like the pictures? That is pretty cool

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3219.PNG Yes, they do!

my original engagement stone

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results