shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with setting for 2.8 Round

Foxtails99

Rough_Rock
Since I got such useful feedback when picking my stone I thought I would get opinions on the setting. This is the setting I am thinking about in platinum. It can be made to accommodate my size stone. I don’t think I want a halo or too “busy” of a design that would detract from the diamond. I guess simple elegance is the style I am going for. My wedding band is an eternity with diamonds 3/4’s of the way around. Any opinions or other suggestions? Thanks!

https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...imply-tacori-diamond-engagement-ring-4841.htm

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

I really like the setting you picked but from the pictures of it, it looks to me to be high set. I would not go higher than medium set because of accidentally banging on things.
I really love this setting, pretty sure it's lower set, but it's a different vendor and more expensive than the tacori. It's by Erika Winters.
https://erikawinters.com/engagement-rings-margot-solitaire/
Everything on her website is gorgeous so it would be fun to look at it even if you decide to stay with Whileflash for the setting.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I agree with hypermom... very pretty setting but too high to be practical. That will get bumped all the time. And I would also be concerned with it "spinning' on your finger because of the imbalance.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for a low setting and maybe sizing beads to keep it from spinning, wish I'd known to ask for those....

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If pairing with an eternity band, I'd go for a more plain setting, or even a solitaire.. but clearly, I'm biased, because I have Caysie's Jovyn with tab prongs.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too would keep the setting simple and low set. Whiteflash has a couple of their own six prong settings and there is always the Vatche U113 to consider. That diamond will shine on its own but a plain setting will allow you to pair it with your existing wedding band or others.

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've had a few rings made by Maytal Hannah, shes great to work with and can customize a design with all the details you like. I went very simple for my round, but I like the side detail of the photo you posted, perhaps set lower like the other suggested. _25963.jpg _25331.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results