shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with ASET for selection

shuks

Rough_Rock
Need help with reading ASET images. Which option is better? Option 1 or Option 2

Capture.PNG

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#2 is a bit deep, hence the HCA score being 2.7, but it's not unattractive. It seems quite a bit larger (diameter) for only 4 points in weight - does it have a thin girdle? Does #1 have a thick girdle?

#1 is not cut perfectly - both ASETs are a bit overexposed, I think, but it looks like the facets between 2 and 6 on #1 are deeper than the rest and leaking a bit more.

shuks

Rough_Rock
#2 is a bit deep, hence the HCA score being 2.7, but it's not unattractive. It seems quite a bit larger (diameter) for only 4 points in weight - does it have a thin girdle? Does #1 have a thick girdle?

#1 is not cut perfectly - both ASETs are a bit overexposed, I think, but it looks like the facets between 2 and 6 on #1 are deeper than the rest and leaking a bit more.

For both Girdle is Medium to Slightly Thick . Option 2 has HCA of 2.7(depth is 62 less than #1), does it mean it will have more leakage ?

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HCA under 2 indicates the crown and pavilion angles should work together and the stone is worth further investigation :)

HCA of 2.7 is not terrible but it will exhibit some leakage, I think.

shuks

Rough_Rock
HCA under 2 indicates the crown and pavilion angles should work together and the stone is worth further investigation :)

HCA of 2.7 is not terrible but it will exhibit some leakage, I think.

Which one would you choose, if any? Looks like both have some issues. Should I continue my search and can do better :)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are happy to post your budget and your preferences for colour/clarity/carat weight, we can perhaps find some options :))

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not an ASET expert, and maybe those images have too much backlighting, but they both look like they have leakage to me. If it was me, I would reject both and start over. I think it’s a good example of why ASET is more important than the numbers. Sorry to be a downer.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some whites are leakage, some are strong backlighting, some are from improper use of the ASET scope.
I don't know why Enchanted Diamond takes their ASET images uglier than they actually are.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Option 1 is better than option 2, but neither are my favorite (although I think some of that is due to crappy ASET images). If you post your budget/desired specs we can help!

shuks

Rough_Rock
If you are happy to post your budget and your preferences for colour/clarity/carat weight, we can perhaps find some options :))

Thanks.
G or H /VS1 /1.3-1.4 and budget is 10k

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks.
G or H /VS1 /1.3-1.4 and budget is 10k
Is there a reason the size range is so restricted? Just because it can be tricky to find someone something when there's only .10 mm to play with. And is there a reason why it cannot be VS2 (which is almost always eye clean)?

shuks

Rough_Rock
Is there a reason the size range is so restricted? Just because it can be tricky to find someone something when there's only .10 mm to play with. And is there a reason why it cannot be VS2 (which is almost always eye clean)?

VS2 should be fine as long as its eye clean and would like to find biggest size within my budget :))

shuks

Rough_Rock
VS2 should be fine as long as its eye clean and would like to find biggest size within my budget :))

I found another option. Can someone please provide inputs if this will perform well in all light conditions
1.35 G VS1 - HCA 1.9
Depth: 62.30
Table: 57.00
Crown: 36
Pavillion: 40.6
Girdle: STK
Fluorescence: None
Measurements : 7.04x7.08x4.4
12237067_arrow.jpg
Capture1.PNG

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    215.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so WF has all stones that I'm posting about in-house, meaning they can personally inspect them for eye-cleanliness and/or take pics/videos for you. For that reason I'm posting a few "eye clean" SI1s as well, since that will help you maximize size.

1 and 2. slightly over budget:
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4049810.htm?source=pricescope
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4063437.htm?source=pricescope

Here's an SI1 that looks clean to me:
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4060821.htm?source=pricescope

Under budget, but an I color (I'd seriously consider this, especially if you can get pics with the other options)
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4095764.htm?source=pricescope

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found another option. Can someone please provide inputs if this will perform well in all light conditions
1.35 G VS1 - HCA 1.9
Depth: 62.30
Table: 57.00
Crown: 36
Pavillion: 40.6
Girdle: STK
Fluorescence: None
Measurements : 7.04x7.08x4.4
12237067_arrow.jpg
Capture1.PNG

Are there any other images? The crown is a little steep.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My opinion in response to some confusion:
From the original post:
option 1 deeply tilted in ASET and back light is to bright making it look bad, face up probably has min. leakage.
Option 2 has somewhat wide ranging pavilion and a twist in the lowers. Over bright ASET back light helps to highlight it.
Blob of white under the table between 2 arrows in ASET + uneven clefts in the hearts tell the story.

shuks

Rough_Rock
My opinion in response to some confusion:
From the original post:
option 1 deeply tilted in ASET and back light is to bright making it look bad, face up probably has min. leakage.
Option 2 has somewhat wide ranging pavilion and a twist in the lowers. Over bright ASET back light helps to highlight it.
Blob of white under the table between 2 arrows in ASET + uneven clefts in the hearts tell the story.

Thanks for your feedback. I have added better pictures for #1 in a new thread. Can you please comment
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-help-with-aset.247725/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results