shape
carat
color
clarity

My three inherited rings

collier

Shiny_Rock
The first (middle finger) was my grandmother's engagement ring, which was one of two earrings that her mother in law had converted to rings for sons. The earrings may have been her mother's or mother in laws. It was appraised as an old european cut, 1.3 carats, I.vs-1. Sadly the setting is in rough shape, it looks like it got bashed and the stone is sitting awkwardly in it. I am hope to reset this.

The semi mount is platinum, and my mother in law gave it to me. She said it has been in her jewelry box for years and that it was her mother in laws, but is unclear what the original stone was or whose it was. Sadly, or happily :dance:, it is way too big for the stone I want to reset. I want to find a blue zircon to put in it but I keep getting distracted when I search for one.

The other ring was my husband's grandmother's, but family lore says it wasn't her engagement ring it was her aunts. It is also 1.3 carats transitional, warmer in color but very clean except for a chip near one of the prongs. It is set in platinum and assumed to be from the 40s.

IMG_3363.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3363.JPG
    IMG_3363.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 58

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely to have some pieces with family history :))

I hope you enjoy wearing them!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
SO gorgeous! Wear them in good health!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Lovely! I’m loving the last one.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! The ladies in your husband’s family had excellent taste!! Great idea to put a blue zircon in that setting.

bespokecarmel

Shiny_Rock
Collier, how wonderful for you to have pieces with history! Please do tell, will you set the stone on your middle finger, the one in the bashed setting, into another ring or perhaps into a pendant (close to your heart)?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love these especially the OEC. Do you wear them?

collier

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies! It is a joy to have so many family pieces. I am actively looking for the perfect blue zircon 8-9mm, if anyone spots one. I'm coveting the ones at firewater but I typically like a lighter color.

I wear them all, but usually my husband's grandmothers. My own grandmother's I fear that the setting has been compromised from years of abuse and it is much too big for me. Hopefully I will reset it soon so I can enjoy it more.

Bespokecarmel I have thought about a pendant. It would get lots of wear, but I have a diamond pendant I wear every day, that was also a diamond ring from my other grandmother. So I have been thinking about setting it as a cocktail ring with an emerald surround, but the options are endless. It is fun to dream and plan.

This is what happens when your family has fewer children with each generation, someone ends up with lots of diamond rings. :lol:

collier

Shiny_Rock
T7notgY_EY6Amna6hJpdx2O6gKMhMvu2JCO3mWYoJbV4RIaNtbzYdzMqLjWvfCxj5XlX7gF-AiOxJRvOs9WXdwSwn6W8nRRL2TawTXeyVJ0TuVSda5IVofa4KovTOAcVGqTzhinpzwI

What do you think about this for the oec?

collier

Shiny_Rock
Love these especially the OEC. Do you wear them?

Yes! I do. I wear the 30-40s diamond ring with side stones as my engagement ring.

Now with the reset I will be wearing them nonstop!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your reset!! The diamond, emeralds and setting are a wonderful combination.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's done! My Great Grandmother's engagement ring (the solitaire without side stones)

I reset into an art deco inspired emerald surround

IMG_3666.JPG IMG_3667.JPG

IMG_3664.JPG 56632079559__43A96ACA-330B-4390-9E8A-444233F108F5.JPG
Oh gorgeous! What a perfect reset!

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
It came out just beautiful! Enjoy wearing it.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! Congrats on a stunning new ring. Who did the setting for you?

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous reset! Such a beautiful green from those emeralds! Lucky you to have so many beautiful diamonds in the family, and now another wonderful piece to wear!

collier

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Ladies! I'm thrilled with the results. In good light the emeralds are amazingly green and in low light the old cut diamond comes fully to life.

The setting came from Ivy and Rose/Diamond Zone. As I live near Chicago, I had them set the stone itself. They were lovely to work with. My 8 year old took the photos so please excuse the quality. We are still working on our skills, but her is what I wear as my daily drivers.

IMG_3668.JPG IMG_3669.JPG IMG_3670.JPG

paperunicorn

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, these are all so beautiful and such treasures with their family history. Absolutely love the new setting.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Enjoy the beauty! :appl:

Looks great!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the reset & LOVE your engagement ring! How very special!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! I Love your grandmother's aunt's ring!!!! Your ring!!! So excited for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results