shape
carat
color
clarity

My new diamond bracelet!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
0F60813C-74CE-4943-9692-5D5A75E45253.jpeg
I put it on top of my oven to take a pic! I can’t take a good photo to save my life!
3FA89E0D-BA6D-46F9-BC50-2DBE2A20D4CD.jpeg
I can’t believe my luck today! There’s a hospital resale shop near my house so I decided to stop in before errands. I always head to the jewelry case to see what they have..There was a gorgeous diamond bracelet for $600! I asked for a loupe and looked at each stone and prongs...The volunteer said the woman that put it on consignment got it from her husband on an anniversary but she doesn’t like jewelry. She barely wore it! It benefits the local hospital so people just let things go on the cheap because it’s a good cause..The photo doesn’t do it justice! They are extremely sparkly and clear..no cloudiness at all. I have no idea what the carat weight is but will try to figure it out later.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
What a great find! Lovely! :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a nice find! I have a 4.2 ct. bracelet, and your looks similar. I’m really curious, what a jeweler says.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The hospital has a volunteer jeweler that will say if they’re diamonds or synthetic..but won’t state a clarity, cut, or the price. The seller states what she wants and that’s how they get their prices. They said the lady was clueless how much to ask. She’s divorced and just wanted to get rid of it. It has fifty-five diamonds and it’s 7 inches. I think it’s 3 carats because Blue Nile has one one diamond short and it’s the same length.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a nice find! I have a 4.2 ct. bracelet, and your looks similar. I’m really curious, what a jeweler says.
I’m going to take it to my jeweler..:appl:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh what a great find! Looking forward to the report back from your jeweller with approximate information! :D

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Cannot WAIT to hear what your jeweler says about it & the value!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Cannot WAIT to hear what your jeweler says about it & the value!
I have so many thing to do before leaving on Thursday for Maryland..but this is at the top. It’s the first stop on my list! Hope the news is good!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The verdict is in! It’s great news! I brought it in this morning practically when he opened up. He looked taken aback until I told him that I bought it secondhand..and that I wanted him to verify that they were diamonds, etc. He asked me how much I paid but I wouldn’t tell him so he looked like he was having fun..The 55 diamonds are f/g “very nice cut!” and clarity between VS2-SI all white inclusions that don’t affect the sparkle..approximately 2.75 ctw..He said new it would be around $3,500+ depending on where I bought it..He doesn’t know the secondary market so was dying to know what I paid..When I told him $600 he looked stunned and wanted to know where! He said I should be very happy and not expect to find a deal like that again! I hope the lady sells more jewelry! I’m going to keep going there and checking! :love: I’m a VERY happy girl!

torontocatlady

Shiny_Rock
What an AMAZING find! You are a lucky gal!!! I’d be visiting everyday just to check hehehe

Q

Queenie60

Great find!!! Your bracelet is lovely and I'm glad it found a good home.

WhaleDoveOfPeace

Rough_Rock
This is a fantastic, amazing find! I'm so happy that you found it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! This is my first find and I’m thrilled!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I could find things like this!!
I never did either! I wasn’t aware that good jewelery was being sold at that shop. I bought silver bracelets there but never any gold or anything with diamonds. I found out from a friend that a pretty big halo diamond ring was sold there months ago..She said it was pretty big..but truthfully she has a little diamond..so it may have looked big to her. When I was in there they had diamond rings in the .25-.50 carat sizes..but the cut and clarity were bad. I can’t wait to go back..but it won’t be until after the New Year..:(2

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welllll, Merry Christmas early to you!
Happy%20dancing%20guy.gif

Just lovely! :appl:Enjoy. :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean a great find for a great cause! Wear it in good health.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
$600?! That's the steal of the century. Wear it in good health.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
$600?! That's the steal of the century. Wear it in good health.
Thank you! I wish I could take good pictures...It’s sparkling all over the place next to my bezel diamond bracelet. I kept trying to take pics but they would come out looking dead..I’m going to either get a camera or learn how to do it..It so frustrating! I almost walked into my tree staring at the sparkles from it..trying to take a good shot.. :P2

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great find. Stories like yours are so exciting. And the fact that it checked out as well or better than expected just adds to what I assume is a thrill for you. I'd be going back there all the time!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great find. Stories like yours are so exciting. And the fact that it checked out as well or better than expected just adds to what I assume is a thrill for you. I'd be going back there all the time!
Oh I want to go back tomorrow but I’m heading to Maryland and I have to get there before the traffic hits...I’ll be thinking of all the buys I’ll be missing when I’m there..I don’t think there will be many like this one but I can hope. When I was looking through the loupe..the lady asked me what I was looking for. I told her inclusions..She asked if that was good..I’m definitely going back! :lol-2:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it possible to put your name on some kind of list telling them you'd like to be called when jewelry comes in? Maybe they keep some kind of "wish list" or would start if you suggest it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it possible to put your name on some kind of list telling them you'd like to be called when jewelry comes in? Maybe they keep some kind of "wish list" or would start if you suggest it.
I wish they would do that! I could ask..It’s literally three minutes from my house. I could go there every day but I think they would think I was nuts!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful, spectacular find! Congrats!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! This is an awesome find!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find! It's beautiful.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great find! :clap::clap::clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results