shape
carat
color
clarity

My new CBI treasure, and a HUGE thank you to Wink and Melissa at HPD!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so ecstatic to share my newest treasure with you that I hardly know where to begin! For quite a while I have been yearning for a MRB in the 2.5ct range. This may sound odd coming from me, and to be honest I was as surprised as anyone as this hankering continued to grow. My intention was to scope things out a bit just to get some ideas and perhaps move toward a purchase around the end of the year. However, as fate would have it, I happened upon an amazing 2.59ct Crafted by Infinity stone at High Performance Diamonds and I knew that I just had to see it in person. Little did I realize the whirlwind that was about to begin!

I contacted Melissa and Wink about the stone, and they were both incredibly helpful and such a genuine delight to work with! When I picked up the stone for inspection I was not considering an immediate purchase; I merely wanted to assess my interest in the stone as a potential contender at some later point. I am typically a very self-disciplined girl, but I guess you could say that my lighthearted curiosity got the best of me! I honestly considered the inspection of this stone to be a low-key reconnaissance mission of sorts, nothing serious just yet!

Well… when I first laid eyes on the stone my jaw dropped. This CBI diamond greeted my eyes as a disco ball of scintillating facets. As I gazed at the diamond in various contexts I noticed that the light appears to dance not only off its external facets, but also within the stone as well, and its sparkle factor is off the hook! The revelatory beauty of this diamond resembled poetry in motion, and I was literally speechless... it was one of those “shut the front door” moments! I made a valiant effort to keep my excitement at bay, but I quickly realized that I love everything about this stone. :loopy: Beyond the signature “fireball” properties that CBI is known for, its crisp, high-contrast appearance coupled with the icy white of the stone is almost painfully beautiful. It has an undeniable presence that speaks to me and it feels so at home on my hand. (And to top it all off, as if I needed any sentimental significance to push me over the edge, the numbers in its carat weight rearrange to form my littlest one’s birthday! :love:)

Being the (mostly) disciplined girl that I am, I tried to talk myself into waiting things out and delaying the purchase for a little while. But as it can be challenging to find high color stones in this size range, I just couldn’t take the chance of letting this one slip away! So long story short, despite my best efforts at delayed gratification, my heart knew what it wanted, and I couldn’t be happier!

I must say that I am head over heels in love with this Crafted by Infinity diamond and I am eternally grateful to both Wink and Melissa for their invaluable help along the way, as well as to Paul for his immaculate crafting of this stone. Wink and Melissa’s expertise and customer service are impeccable and it is always a joy to work with them! I can’t recommend HPD highly enough!

All of this happened when I was least expecting it, so I plan to take some time to come up for air before beginning the quest to select the perfect setting for this stone. I am envisioning a somewhat simple setting with just a hint of embellishment, something that will let the stone speak in all of her glory. This diamond is a dream come true and I am over the moon!

For those who are curious, here are the stats on the stone:

2.59ct E VS1
8.82 x 8.84 x 5.45mm
Table: 55.4%
Crown angle: 34.3%
Pavilion angle: 40.8%
LGF: 76
Total depth: 61.8%
Girdle: Thin to medium

And here is the wonderful "preview" video that Wink so graciously created for me:
http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos/des0rfques?tag=117213

And now for my best attempt at a few photos (which I must admit do not do this stone justice!). Enjoy!
013.JPG 006.JPG IMG_1647.JPG 009 (2).JPG

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:eek2: Egads, she’s a KNOCKOUT!!!! :-o Congratulations and I look forward to seeing more of her. :love:

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
*thud* Beautiful diamond! I can see why you couldn’t resist! It pairs so well with your bands the proportions look amazing on your finger! Congratulations!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful stone! I am a bit confused though - you wanted this in addition to your 3+ carat stone or do you no longer have that stone?

It looks great with your bands even in a temporary setting - can't wait to see it set!

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful - I can see why you were taken back. Enjoy your new stone and congratulations.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful stone! I am a bit confused though - you wanted this in addition to your 3+ carat stone or do you no longer have that stone?

It looks great with your bands even in a temporary setting - can't wait to see it set!

Aww, thank you MGR! She really does look amazing with Victor's bands, which I also truly adore!! :love:

And yes, your question is a great one! I have my heart set on a few new projects, so I may end up going a different direction with this stone. I will keep you guys posted as things unfold, so stay tuned!

Last edited:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Intensely beautiful diamond. :love: I love high color for aesthetic reasons and high clarity for mind clean reasons. Combined with the impressive size and the incomparable cut, you have a truly stunning diamond. Congratulations!

I also want to mention that my experience with Wink, Layla, Melissa and Jamie, and the whole HPD crew was as wonderful as yours, even though my CBI purchase was in a much more modest budget range. They always made me feel as though I was the most important client they had, and that I was purchasing the most valuable diamond in their inventory. I appreciated that tremendously.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! So beautiful. Can’t wait to see what kind of setting you choose. Perhaps something from VC? Since you have all those beautiful VC bands to rock with it. Wow gorgeous!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Intensely beautiful diamond. :love: I love high color for aesthetic reasons and high clarity for mind clean reasons. Combined with the impressive size and the incomparable cut, you have a truly stunning diamond. Congratulations!

I also want to mention that my experience with Wink, Layla, Melissa and Jamie, and the whole HPD crew was as wonderful as yours, even though my CBI purchase was in a much more modest budget range. They always made me feel as though I was the most important client they had, and that I was purchasing the most valuable diamond in their inventory. I appreciated that tremendously.

Aww, thank you so much, @natasha-cupcake! I had such a positive experience with everyone at HPD and I agree that their crew is truly top notch. They really go the extra mile to make every client feel valued and to make the experience a very enjoyable one. I truly can't say enough about them! :clap:

Last edited:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! So beautiful. Can’t wait to see what kind of setting you choose. Perhaps something from VC? Since you have all those beautiful VC bands to rock with it. Wow gorgeous!

Aww, thank you so much @hathalove! Although I only have a few preliminary ideas about the setting at this point, I can tell you that VC will absolutely be my first choice to create it. Victor is so gifted and his aesthetic vision is always spot on. There is no one I would trust more!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love: Top notch!! You have the most swoon worthy jewels! I can’t wait to see how you set her! :geek2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI

I was oogling this stone--glad you have it. Perfect specs!

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa :eek-2:

What a stone!! Everything about her is perfect. The size. The size on your finger. Her stats. Her pedigree - doesn’t get more cream-of-the-crop than CBI!!

I cannot wait to see this set - it will be one for the books :love:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@carbonfan!!! Truly marvelous, and she looks spectacular on your finger! It was meant to be!!! :kiss2:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gracious.... it’s GORGEOUS!!! An E/VS1? Be still my heart :geek2::geek2::geek2: What a fantastic find, and it looks perfect on your hand. Congratulations!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing new CBI stone! :appl:

As for the VC setting, I think you would have to choose something other than a solitaire or a halo to make it different from your ACA/CAC rings from Victor. My vote would be for a 3 stone RHR! :cheeky:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wow it’s so stunning!! Congrats and look forward to seeing it set by VC. Just wow. :love::love::love:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous!! Welcome to the HPD/CBI family.

I just secured my second CBI. I’m going to put my .56 G and .57F as side stones to my sapphire. I’m going to work with the HPD team to make my setting.

Enjoy! It gorgeous and I will one day have a CBI/HPD solitaire

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whoa! Over the top gorgeous! So happy for you! It is truly one- of -a-kind stone! And it’s yours! All the best to you! Thank you for sharing! So awesome of you!
-C4C

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:eek2: Egads, she’s a KNOCKOUT!!!! :-o Congratulations and I look forward to seeing more of her. :love:

And just for the record, your AVC ring is an absolute knockout as well! I love it and I am so very happy for you! :love::love::love:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@carbonfan

Congratulations! High color, high clarity, so happy that you bought that stone.

Welcome to the CBI family. I really enjoyed working with Wink, Melissa, and Jamie as well. Wink's bench is top notch too.

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooohh it’s so nice !! Just beautiful and looks really good on your hand :love:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW this is amazing!! Perfect on your hand and lovely with your other bands. MORE photos and close ups please. :appl::appl::appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing short of spectacular. Just WOW! :appl::appl::appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results