shape
carat
color
clarity

My name is Melanie, I'm a klutz and my cat is cray cray!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
What happens to a girl when their cat who is an inside only cat bolts out the front door when greeting someone?....

She ends up diving off the steps onto the concrete driveway and grabbing the tail of said escapee, grazing knees, left hand and precious platinum engagement ring!

I felt proud of myself for saving Jackie O from the perilous dangers of our driveway and busy road, but really annoyed at dinging my ring.
It will be able to be polished and no claws or stones were damaged in this heroic act!

The reason I call myself a klutz in this post is mainly because of the weird uncoordinated manner in which I ended up partly on top of Jackie on the driveway with her clutched under one arm and my ring finger hand partly bent under myself!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww Melanie, thank goodness you and kitty are OK. And from one Klutz to another I feel your pain. As an aside I was almost a Melanie. My dad wanted to name me Melanie but my mom insisted on Melissa.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Aww Melanie, thank goodness you and kitty are OK. And from one Klutz to another I feel your pain. As an aside I was almost a Melanie. My dad wanted to name me Melanie but my mom insisted on Melissa.
@missy, Melissa is a lovely name.
My parents were both set on Melanie so no problems tbere. Although my dad's Nana was called Ivy and she was quite insistent that I was to be named after her. Mum and dad weren't keen so on the card she gave my parents after I was born she wrote 'to Wee Ivy' and it stuck with my dad as one of my nicknames.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Melissa is a lovely name.
My parents were both set on Melanie so no problems tbere. Although my dad's Nana was called Ivy and she was quite insistent that I was to be named after her. Mum and dad weren't keen so on the card she gave my parents after I was born she wrote 'to Wee Ivy' and it stuck with my dad as one of my nicknames.

Thank you and I love the name Melanie. I also like your nickname. My nickname is Missy and my mom hates that name as she says it is a poodle's name. LOL what's wrong with that? One nickname I do not care for is Mel. Does anyone call you Mel?

Some interesting facts:
Melissa means honey Bee and
Did you know that Melanie was the name of a Roman saint who gave all her wealth to charity in the 5th century? How generous and wonderful is that?

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you and I love the name Melanie. I also like your nickname. My nickname is Missy and my mom hates that name as she says it is a poodle's name. LOL what's wrong with that? One nickname I do not care for is Mel. Does anyone call you Mel?

Some interesting facts:
Melissa means honey Bee and
Did you know that Melanie was the name of a Roman saint who gave all her wealth to charity in the 5th century? How generous and wonderful is that?
Yeah I get called Mel alot. Also Melly and Melbelle. My younger brother couldn't say Melanie properly for ages so he used to called me Marnie when he was young. He still does now, which I love as it's cute.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cats! Mine are going to be the death of me on the stairs one day. They like to hang out literally at my feet...particularly when it's close to meal time.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@doberman yes the stairs are a nightmare! They seem to be in sync with each other most of the time. Zig zagging down at the same time so even if you manage to move slightly away from one, the other one is RIGHT there!

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yesterday at work I had a migraine type headache in my eye and down one side of my face. I felt nauseous and dizzy and literally sat with blurred vision at my computer half the day and struggled dealing with my customers in the shop the rest of the day. My boss sent me home early and suggested I make a physio appt.
Today the physio said I have whiplash albeit localised mainly down the right side of my neck and shoulders.
She has given me some exercises to do over the weekend and I'll see her again on Tuesday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results