shape
carat
color
clarity

My dream CER in an amazing Victor Canera Art-Deco-inspired Octagonal Solitaire

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wanted to share one of Victor Canera’s latest creations, and I am practically giddy to introduce this one!! For quite a while I have had a vintage ring “itch” that I just couldn’t shake, and over time that led me to Victor’s European rounds. I ultimately fell in love with a 3.1ct H VS1 CER, which was a relatively easy choice, but deciding on a setting was considerably trickier, a predicament to which I am sure many of you can relate!

I cannot possibly overstate the joys of working with Victor, whose kindness and brilliant artistry know no bounds! When I embarked on this project I had a flurry of ideas but none of them seemed quite right. At one point I considered a halo, but I didn’t want to distract from the center stone or add too much diameter to the overall ring. I knew that I wanted some type of cathedral setting with embellishment on the shoulders, but I was also intrigued by the unbelievable phenomenon that is LLJsmom’s stunning octagonal ring! :love: We started discussing Art-Deco-inspired ideas and I inquired about a sketch that Victor had posted on Instagram but had not yet created. One thing led to another, and before I knew it we had a plan in motion that far exceeded anything I had envisioned and one that checked off every single box! Adrenaline ensued…

When I received photos of the finished ring I was completely floored, but I was even more amazed to discover that it looks even more amazing in real life! Seriously, it is jaw-droppingly gorgeous. I have infinite trust in Victor’s keen eye for beauty, and he truly dreamed up a far more exquisite setting for this stone than I would ever have dared to envision. I am so grateful for this, and I am completely content to let Victor work his magic on any and all projects at this point, as everything he touches is sure to become a work of art!

This new design features an octagonal double millgrain bezel with a scroll ajour basket and gently tapered fleur-de-lis filigree and double-tiered bright cut pavé shoulders. I was initially a little bit concerned about the tapered band, as I have never worn anything with that style and thought it might be too wide, but Victor assured me that the band would quickly taper to 2mm, and as always, he was absolutely right! He also suggested adding pavé around the edge of the octagonal bezel, which I had to contemplate at first, but to my surprise this quickly became one of my favorite features as it is so delicate and subtle, yet it makes the profile even more compelling! I love the way the double millgrain bezel gently frames and protects the CER yet also allows it to be the star. Victor’s millgrain is flawless, and the divine fleur-de-lis filigree and the scroll ajour basket are perfection realized. Oh, and those dainty bezel prongs!! I adore every single spectacular detail and I am so thankful that I took the leap. Not surprisingly, Victor’s creative vision was spot on, as always!

I am still practically at a loss to describe this masterpiece, which is so exquisite that it defies description! Every intricate, painstaking detail is immaculate, and I am in awe of the way it all flows together to create such a stunningly gorgeous work of art. :love: The top view of this ring really is a carbon copy of the original sketch that Victor had created, which is incredible, too. The delicacy of each ornate element and the complexity involved in its creation highlights how exceedingly talented Victor is at his craft.

As a side note, I must confess that I have officially fallen head over heels in love with antique cuts! There is still certainly a place in my life for modern rounds, but the facet pattern of vintage cuts has a special charm that it so captivating that it just draws me in!

Victor was a veritable saint (and an incredibly gracious one at that!) in so generously devoting such time, effort, and care to this project. This ring is unspeakably beautiful, and the hand-forged nature of Victor’s pieces make them all the more special to me. I am truly humbled to wear this extraordinary work of art and I will cherish wearing it for decades to come. I adore this ring so very, very much!! :twirl::love::loopy:

My apologies for the wall of text; I just couldn’t help myself! Now on to some photos, which truly do not do this piece justice... I will try to get some even better photos soon!!

VC octagonal sketch with filigree.jpg
JB-1.jpg JB-2.jpg

Last edited:

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, it’s beautiful!! I love alll the details and it looks super comfortable to wear!!

Congrats!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have seen this ring on Victors IG. I really hoped, it would belong to a PSer, and that I could see more photos of it.
This is an utterly stunning ring with a lot of detail.
Congratulations!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I drooled over that sketch when Victor posted it on IG!! It is just gorgeous! Then when he posted the finished piece, it was just devine! What a stunning stone in a magnificent setting! You have the most artistically beautiful collection @carbonfan! Spectacular pieces! I agree with every word of yours about Victor, and I’m so glad you took the leap of faith on this design! Congratulations and enjoy this very special ring! :love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thud.. how beautiful.. it looks PERFECT on you CF.. just perfect. love it.. Congratulations!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what an absolutely beauty - stone and setting are perfect for each other :love:

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :love:

This is incredible! One of the few examples of antique style rings in which the craftsmanship and detail rivals (even exceeds) the originals! Much props to VC and congratulations to you!

That giant OEC ain't too shabby either ;P

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am a fan of your carbon also!! WOW!:love::appl:

cheers--Sharon

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! Can we get a heap more close up pictures of the detail? Pretty please?!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mooooooooooore photos! Gosh it’s beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is absolutely beautiful Carbonfan! It looks wonderful on your hand and showcases the stone perfectly!

Is this in addition to your new CBI or does it replace it? I somehow feel like I'm a couple of stones behind!

Q

Queenie60

Wow! What a ring. More photos please.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Gasp, what a beautifully intricate and unique design!! Congratulations! :love:

When I was in his office a mere two days ago, he proudly showed me the pics of your ring and stated that it was one of his favorite pieces to date!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It it gorgeous!! Congrats and welcome to the octagonal halo club! ;)2

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just stunning

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's breathtaking. Love everything about this. The diamond, the setting and the super romantic antique feel about it. :kiss2: And it looks stunning on your hand. Another Victor Canera masterpiece.:love:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW! This ring is incredible. :love: So many gorgeous details! It really makes a statement. Congratulations!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning and looks great on your hand. Congratulations.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I am a sucker for octagonal shapes and have always loved @LLJsmom ‘s ring so you can probably guess that I had to pick myself up off the floor just now.

Your ring is unbelievably beautiful. Jaw-droppingly gorgeous. Congrats and enjoy!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Utterly spectacular in every element and detail!! So happy it came together for you and you get to wear that gorgeous piece of art!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How gorgeous!!! Love all the intricate details, so beautifully done :love: Looks right at home on your hand, perfection!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Amazing... perfection!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Utter perfection!!! :love::love::love: Would love to see pics of the gorgeous details on the shank!!! And a family shot with all of your AMAZING pieces wouldn't hurt either!! ;)2

On another note, did you decide what to do with your incredible 2+ ct CBI?

sparlie

Shiny_Rock
What a magnificent ring by a true artist!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results