shape
carat
color
clarity

My ACA arrived...

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
I am thrilled and stunned at the professionalism and assistance from WhiteFlash. Superb customer service! MY 2.228 Jvs2 ACA arrived on Friday. Packaged impeccably, I was awestruck by the stone. Uncertain about the "Jay"ness of it, or the size(I like 'em BIG), the stone overwhelmed me.
Showing it to future fiance, he was "WOW" and "Oh my, NOW I can see why you wanted to choose your own stone..." and just thrilled that we are taking this next step(dating four years, I was married almost 27, 5 kids, divorced 5, him, married several, one child, divorced 6) so we have conscientiously taken it SLOW and worked hard to be completely ready for this next step in our lives together :). Very happy about all of it and are going to have a surprise engagement party when we share the news with our six kids .

Anyway, I couldn't quite place it-something amiss with the stone. VERY white, WOW, BIG white, size is amazing. Faces up so beautifully. I own D/E stones, and am definitely colour conscious BUT this STONE is white, white, white. Is there "warmth"? Maybe, maybe not...

But the flashes of light-well, that's where I finally noticed something different. WHITE shards of light, flying everywhere. A super active stone. That said, the FIRE(colour) that shoots from the stone is lacking some. More white light, less colour. Make sense?

I read on PS a thread re. this very thing, and how some people are not overwhelmed by the super ideal cut stones. It's interesting as this is my first encounter, and although I love the stone, and may very well choose it for my E ring, I am going to look at another stone this week hopefully.

Any thoughts about this?

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
There's a huge visual difference between run of the mill diamonds and very well cut diamonds. It all depends on what you're comparing to.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be better if it was mounted and then you could see and experience it in a variety of settings and lighting.

On a sunny day, view it under a canopy of leaves (be so so careful as the temp holder isn’t a mount).

How is the weather at your place?

And, yes, bring it along to compare to others if possible.

It is a beautiful stone.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That looks like an insanely white J. Post specs. Look at the stone in various lightings before you make judgement on Fire. It might become very fiery in other lighting. Or might not. Let’s hear more of your observations once you’ve observed in various lightings.

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have an ACA J as well and when I got it I was all over this forum saying how WHITE it is! Mine is super fiery - but it needs to be in the right lighting for all those crazy colors. Either outside in the sun or in certain indoor conditions (restaurants are amazing). Try taking it out at night somewhere or even to a store during the day or in the direct sun!

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
I do LOVE it-perhaps the "crispness" I am not accustomed to.....it is quite white! Will be setting it in 18k WG with matching h&a melee.....

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
And thank YOU, responders....I have mostly lurked on here for years, and the WEALTH of info and knowledge is mind blowing. I am a 3 on a scale of 1-10(10 being highest) and desire and ability to 'research'. I like some knowledge, but do get overwhelmed by the technical nature of these amazingly cut stones! Happy to be here, though :)

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
I do LOVE it-perhaps the "crispness" I am not accustomed to.....it is quite white! Will be setting it in 18k WG with matching h&a melee.....

Be careful setting next to "matching" melees. A diamond color will become most evident when compared right next to another diamond of higher color. Smaller sized stones tend to look much brighter in general so extra caution is needed to not end up highlighting the difference.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice hike around and small table, the stone will produce a lot of fire. However, it will not produce fire in every situation. Sometimes an area that is lit by one bright light source (sun, ceiling light) the stone will show more brightness. To get the fire, try a place with multi-source spotlighting like Home Depot, Costco, Walmart, elevators, etc. I bet that sucker will shoot your eyes out!

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
You are all helping set my mind greatly at ease. It is a stunning stone. Here in Michigan, grey skies often most of the winter, I certainly see wild brightness with my dining chandelier and facing my (still up) Christmas tree;)2. I will certainly share the finished product, and Brittany at WF has assured me that the melee will be I, not F/G typically used by them with ACA stones. Thanks everyone:angel:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live in Houston so we have a lot of sun but the past few days have been quite dreary. I was outside yesterday and noticed my J ACA was very bright white but no fire. I took it inside in my bathroom to see the fire I missed! Lighting is key to seeing the fire. Just wait until you get into an elevator. I always want to be alone in elevators so people don't think I am crazy while admiring the show my ACA puts on! :lol:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked at the stone in spotlighting? That tends to bring out the fire. If you don't have any in your house, a trip to walmart may be in order.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to tell my favorite ACA story.

I was getting my teeth cleaned and my hygienist asked me to remove my studs!!!! She said that she had never had to ask anyone that, lol! The lighting and mirror combo were making my ACA studs "blind" her!!!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock

In my personal and non-expert opinion, honestly I don't believe you could find a beautiful diamond with specs more likely to provide you fire. That stone has essentially been built for fire (balanced beautifully with brilliance).

However, diamonds are only mirrors, and as everyone has mentioned they need to be in the correct lighting to perform. Some lighting you'll only get white light no matter how firey the stone is. That's just the way diamonds behave. You're currently further limited as the diamond isn't set - getting out and about is slightly difficult.

Finally, that looks like a very clear J - I think the diamond you have is therefore amazing value and size for money and I suspect, unless you go for a different cut altogether, you'll thoroughly regret giving this particular diamond up. Please proceed with caution. :geek2:

ETA: by all means please see if you can go and view a selection of other diamonds and take yours along with you. If you can view it together with other diamonds then great. Ensure you take your certificate for identification purposes!!!

Also try and see all the diamonds in a variety of different lighting, not just under their intense spotlighting (although that's good for fire). A good jeweller will understand the need to compare, but just take whatever they say with a pinch of caution - it is often heard on here about jewellers pooh-poohing online diamonds etc etc because they're trying to make a sale. Use your eyes instead. :)

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look beautiful and very white! Your specs provide the ultimate in brilliance/fire so no worries there. You will get to know the stone better day by day - enjoy!

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Wow! You've all sold me on this stone! I am carefully carrying it around in its box, in the diamond fake ring thingy holder:bigsmile: and keep appreciating it more and more. We are definitely sending it back to Whiteflash this week for a custom setting. Then I am blessed to jet off to Jamaica for a girls' trip, so that will take up some of the 'waiting days' til ring is ready.

I'm as excited to surprise our children in a couple of weeks. We are a truly compatible match and have given our collective children plenty of time(years) to adjust to our couplehood and possible(now definite!) future.

Dancing Fire-your response made my heart jump. As I said, I was on here years ago, but divorce and motherhood took me away for a long time. I appreciate the support as this will likely be the only stone I receive. I was not sentimental with my first marriage and subsequent upgrades to a 3.79 rb. But I think THIS stone is going to be quite satisfying, along with a happy, love filled life with my sweetheart.

Thanks all!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations @pinklemonadegurl ! It's a beautiful stone, and makes me think that maybe I could love a J colored stone as well. Its gorgeous!

Your post made my heart happy, I am in the same spot as you are. My kids are going to be thrilled when they find out about us. We're a little bit behind you.

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
LinSF, I am happy for you, too!!! Quite the journey to discover such happiness, love and peace. I have purged of my jewelry from my x, was far too personal to keep. And this naked left finger has been lonely-I am so excited to be dressing her soon. So many years ago, my first ering was a far inferior J. I've learned so much about diamonds I'm shocked I wore such a stone with pride lol. I wanted to maximize size but not break the bank and I think this ACA covers everything I want. All the best to you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thrilled for you! What a beautiful diamond. It takes a while to get to know one’s stone, kind of like any love affair. Love at first sight, then a critique to make sure this is the « one », then a deeper bonding. I have had my diamond a year and we just completed the deep bonding LOL For me, the best lighting is filtered sunlight (hope you get some sun there) and grocery store display cases. To duplicate at home use an led desk lamp. Have fun and please take more photos for us. You may find yourself taking photos in the cheese section of the deli feeling silly but happy.
Congratulations :love:

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
@Jimmianne Oh my goodness! You are so right. I am sooo tempted to go a little bigger, but......find myself 'falling for this stone.:twisted2: Thank you for your kind words.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results