carat
color
clarity

Multicoulor.com question

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All,
Trying to search for threads on multicoulor, but somehow only saw stuff from like 5+ years ago. Anyone purchased from them recently? If so, how was the experience? I was going to just order and see what I thought IRL, but shipping is $40-$50 and nonrefundable. So I'm a little more wary of ordering multiple things and returning what I don't like.

Thanks!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t purchased in a long time, but I returned so much, he ended up charging me a restocking fee.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t purchased in a long time, but I returned so much, he ended up charging me a restocking fee.
well that sounds bad. did you find the pictures inaccurate?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0621.PNG

$74 and 14 days later....

I bought this a couple of years ago. Only paid for regular freight. Took two weeks to arrive. Simple transaction. But it was pretty cheap all things considered. I've since sold it.
Any time I've asked for additional photos, maybe twice?, they've looked exactly the same as the listing photo. Not saying they were photoshopped, but really really close to the listing photos.
I don't know how I'd feel about an expensive stone transaction and the possibility of a return with them.
IMG_1362.PNG
I just last week purchased these and they were relatively cheap, also only paid the regular freight. If I end up not liking them, I don't consider them expensive enough for the return hassle.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a pink sapphire from them in 2017 or 2018, my memory is shot. Anyways it was simple enough, I found it to be as described, shipping was pretty quick for international.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well that sounds bad. did you find the pictures inaccurate?

They were Mahenge spinels and I found the color less saturated and blah. This was many years ago of course.

I also bought a yellow grossular garnet. It was super brown when I got it, so it went back. It wasn’t accurate for saturation description, neither were the mahenges. I since bought much nicer ones from elsewhere.

I ended up keeping a sphalerite from him. It was accurate, and they were hard to find back then. It was also very affordable.

I know LD bought some amazing alexandrite from him, including her profile stone. He specializes in them.

He has many happy customers, I just don’t care for the restocking and return fees.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmm. Thanks for everyone's info! I was going to order like 4 zircons so I could judge the color/cut IRL. But I know I don't need (or want) all of them, so the entire thing is somewhat risky if I don't end up happy with any of them. Although I guess for 3 stones and a pair of stones (total of 5), even if I hate them I'm only out like $320ish (including shipping).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmm. Thanks for everyone's info! I was going to order like 4 zircons so I could judge the color/cut IRL. But I know I don't need (or want) all of them, so the entire thing is somewhat risky if I don't end up happy with any of them. Although I guess for 3 stones and a pair of stones (total of 5), even if I hate them I'm only out like $320ish (including shipping).
What color zircon?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What color zircon?
The brownish colors I love so much. But lighter than the one from mastercut, more like my "ideal color" of champagne. But they are cheap bc I'm pretty sure no one else likes these colors.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve ordered a few stones and ended up keeping them, but that was mostly due to the expense and hassle of internationally shipping back the return. The cutting can be wonky and I prefer precision cuts. I always pick their cheap shipping at check out and it has taken anywhere from 10 days to two months to reach me.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The brownish colors I love so much. But lighter than the one from mastercut, more like my "ideal color" of champagne. But they are cheap bc I'm pretty sure no one else likes these colors.
Like pink champagne diamonds? You may be okay with the ones from multicolor if they’re pale enough. I would avoid ones that are too dark in tone unless you’re looking for the look of a mocha diamond.

I saw this one recently, but it isn’t cheap. I think its really nice though, if that’s what you’re looking for.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/583078...Kxdhec7c7u9FpqVOatQmw30Dmrppl7BUaAuA6EALw_wcB

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here are the stones. Figure no one here is going to find them from pics alone and buy them (at least I hope they won't!)

I'm pretty much positive I want this pair. I love them.
Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 5.48.54 PM.png

And these are the ones I can't decide between. The last 2 look (in the pics) like my ideal color, but I'm afraid they'll be darker IRL. The first one will be too light if it's exactly like the pic, but perfect if it's a bit darker.
Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 5.48.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 5.48.34 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 5.48.26 PM.png

The color at the tips are perfect of this one, but I'm afraid the cut is poor so it will look bad IRL.
Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 5.53.28 PM.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like pink champagne diamonds? You may be okay with the ones from multicolor if they’re pale enough. I would avoid ones that are too dark in tone unless you’re looking for the look of a mocha diamond.

I saw this one recently, but it isn’t cheap. I think its really nice though, if that’s what you’re looking for.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/583078...Kxdhec7c7u9FpqVOatQmw30Dmrppl7BUaAuA6EALw_wcB
Yeah, I don't like the pink ones as much, unfortunately. These are my ideal color. A hint of pink would be ok, but not as pink as the ones from Kosnar, even though they are nice!
Champagne-colored-diamonds.jpg

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those stones look pretty. One thing I can say for certain is that if the cutting looks wonky in their picture, it will for sure look wonky in real life.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those stones look pretty. One thing I can say for certain is that if the cutting looks wonky in their picture, it will for sure look wonky in real life.
Yeah, that's why I'm definitely not ordering the last one with the super wonky cut.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was also considering this one bc precision cut, but it looks too orange :(
il_1588xN.1316510085_hood.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that they’re photographed against a white background. Too many vendors use dark backgrounds, that enhance the gem color and make them look lighter in tone than they really are.

My experience with most vendors is that I go for the lighter toned stones, as they almost always look darker in real life. I think you would be safe with the mid toned gems. I worry the pair might be too dark IRL. I really like that second single pear shape you posted.

I’m not sure what sizes you’re going for, but you can sometimes fine real champagne diamonds for decent prices in the subcarat to carat sizes, but not on Liebish.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that they’re photographed against a white background. Too many vendors use dark backgrounds, that enhance the gem color and make them look lighter in tone than they really are.

My experience with most vendors is that I go for the lighter toned stones, as they almost always look darker in real life. I think you would be safe with the mid toned gems. I worry the pair might be too dark IRL. I really like that second single pear shape you posted.

I’m not sure what sizes you’re going for, but you can sometimes fine real champagne diamonds for decent prices in the subcarat to carat sizes, but not on Liebish.
Good point about light and color. Ugh I'll be so sad if the pair is the wrong color . the other 3 stones combined are the cost of the pair of stones. So those are the ones I'm most worried about getting wrong.

And sadly i want a large stone. All of these are 2+ ct, which is why I'm not looking at diamonds. Bc the cost just doesn't work right now and this won't be an every day e-ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like the pair of pears are a bit deep in cut which affects face up size. I really like that radiant you posted.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like the pair of pears are a bit deep in cut which affects face up size. I really like that radiant you posted.
What about this option? Another precision cut.

. Screenshot_20190419-234209_Etsy.jpg Screenshot_20190419-234149_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20190419-234152_YouTube.jpg

One is a still photo and the second 2 are screenshots from video.

Wondering if this one is safer than the multicolour options and maybe a closer color match than the radiant.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190419-233934_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190419-233934_YouTube.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20190419-233937_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20190419-233937_YouTube.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20190419-233825_Etsy.jpg
    Screenshot_20190419-233825_Etsy.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 13

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s definitely a nicer cut, and I like the tone. As for the hue, that’s entirely up to you since you’re looking for a very specific shade of brown.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s definitely a nicer cut, and I like the tone. As for the hue, that’s entirely up to you since you’re looking for a very specific shade of brown.
I'm just shockingly bad at judging color on screen i think. So sometimes i have a tough time telling the difference between subtle color differences if it's not IRL. For example, that radiant looks really orange to me for some reason, and i don't "see" it as brown, even though it's obviously not bright orange. Haha i wish i could order everything and have easy / friendly return policies! That would make life easier!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just shockingly bad at judging color on screen i think. So sometimes i have a tough time telling the difference between subtle color differences if it's not IRL. For example, that radiant looks really orange to me for some reason, and i don't "see" it as brown, even though it's obviously not bright orange. Haha i wish i could order everything and have easy / friendly return policies! That would make life easier!
The primary color in all these zircons is brown. The secondary is what you’re seeing, like the orange in the radiant. If you were to look up fancy diamonds, you could see the nuances in secondary color, like if you searched “fancy orangy brown diamond,” or “fancy yellowish brown diamond.” The various brown zircon colors are similar to brown diamonds.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently purchased from Multicolour. In my opinion the irl appear little darker than photo. So I went with the one that said 'very light' in description. Describing color.
I kept the stone.

Just purchased yellow zircon couple months ago j2w_ul10150aa.jpg 20190311_100307-1.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To give another idea.
This is a tsav garnet from years ago that was a bit dark but I kept it. I don't remember how color description was described...as medium or what? Just wanted to provide comparison for ya.

tsav.jpg tsav11.JPG tsav5.JPG

Attachments

• tsav.jpg
    tsav.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 16

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The primary color in all these zircons is brown. The secondary is what you’re seeing, like the orange in the radiant. If you were to look up fancy diamonds, you could see the nuances in secondary color, like if you searched “fancy orangy brown diamond,” or “fancy yellowish brown diamond.” The various brown zircon colors are similar to brown diamonds.
Thanks, that's so helpful! Makes total sense when i think about it that way

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@T L your explanation made me realize that i prefer a pink secondary. This diamond from DBL has my ideal color (unfortunately it's under 1ct and very included, otherwise I'd just buy it). Same stone in all pics, just different light.

I think i should probably keep pics of this diamond open and compare colors to it, or on multicolour look for something that has "very light pink" as a second descriptor.

r7458-2.jpg r7458-7.jpg r7458-4.jpg

Edit . Obviously the pair of pears is much darker, but I'm ok with that since i like the color. But if they are even darker IRL i likely won't be happy

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here are the stones. Figure no one here is going to find them from pics alone and buy them (at least I hope they won't!)

I'm pretty much positive I want this pair. I love them.
Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 5.48.54 PM.png

And these are the ones I can't decide between. The last 2 look (in the pics) like my ideal color, but I'm afraid they'll be darker IRL. The first one will be too light if it's exactly like the pic, but perfect if it's a bit darker.
Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 5.48.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 5.48.34 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 5.48.26 PM.png

The color at the tips are perfect of this one, but I'm afraid the cut is poor so it will look bad IRL.
Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 5.53.28 PM.png

With multicolor I always go with the 'very very light to very light' in the color description. They seem to be tad darker in person. So I works out IMO.
Make sure you like the cut of course.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@T L your explanation made me realize that i prefer a pink secondary. This diamond from DBL has my ideal color (unfortunately it's under 1ct and very included, otherwise I'd just buy it). Same stone in all pics, just different light.

I think i should probably keep pics of this diamond open and compare colors to it, or on multicolour look for something that has "very light pink" as a second descriptor.

r7458-2.jpg r7458-7.jpg r7458-4.jpg

Edit . Obviously the pair of pears is much darker, but I'm ok with that since i like the color. But if they are even darker IRL i likely won't be happy
The first and third picture look like a pink champagne, and the second picture looks like a yellowish brown. Does that stone have pink fluorescence? One thing you have to worry about with brown diamonds is fluorescence. They can look like entirely different colors in the sun if they fluor. You won’t have that issue with zircon. I would also evaluate any stone I’m Interested in on a white background. The dark background can dramatically change the true color.

It seems you’re more drawn to yellowish browns from what I can tell.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@T L and other good color judging people:

Does this look like a light champagne? And why does the seller say it's a "white to light champagne"??? I feel like either it's white or it's not. And I don't want white!

20190422_085112.jpg 20190422_085137.jpg 20190422_085205.jpg 20190422_085149.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results