shape
carat
color
clarity

Mastercut gems end of summer sale!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone buying/bought stones from Dana's latest sale? I had 4-5 tabs open on my computer last night of stones I wanted, but then realized I need to be responsible and stop buying stones until I've set some!

So hopefully I can live vicariously through you all!:lol:

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought one that I’ve been watching for quite sometime. My mother really liked it when I showed it to her so I might set it & gift it to her!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought one that I’ve been watching for quite sometime. My mother really liked it when I showed it to her so I might set it & gift it to her!

How sweet! Can you share which stone?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I emailed about a stone but haven't heard back!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I bought one too, my very 1st from them. It is the 1.76ct Mint Garnet, and I'm so excited! I have 3 what I believed to be "Mint Garnets" in my collection already, but PS has taught me about the blue undertone that is needed for it to be true "Mint". I guess though still beautiful, my others are just light green Grossular tsavs.

passions4purples

Rough_Rock
I made myself promise there would be no new stones until I set my sphene, and even then there's a gorgeous Jeff White CS that I'm saving up for. But there are such good bargains, and the topazes are so affordable! I'm weak.

I'll wait until the weekend. If my favorite ones are still there I'll give myself a little treat.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made myself promise there would be no new stones until I set my sphene, and even then there's a gorgeous Jeff White CS that I'm saving up for. But there are such good bargains, and the topazes are so affordable! I'm weak.

I'll wait until the weekend. If my favorite ones are still there I'll give myself a little treat.

Ohh I like that idea. Maybe I'll give myself the same rule

voce

Ideal_Rock
I noticed that round 6.93mm unheated sapphire I linked in whitewave's cornflower blue thread is no longer on the first page, presumably sold. Any chance a PSer got it? :twisted2:
I would love to see it again on the forums!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I noticed that round 6.93mm unheated sapphire I linked in whitewave's cornflower blue thread is no longer on the first page, presumably sold. Any chance a PSer got it? :twisted2:
I would love to see it again on the forums!

I had that stone in my shopping cart, but hesitated because I had no business buying it. My current bling budget is completely spoken for already. I was still sad to see that someone else bought it. I loved the color and it was the perfect size for me. Oh, well... :(2

voce

Ideal_Rock
I had that stone in my shopping cart, but hesitated because I had no business buying it. My current bling budget is completely spoken for already. I was still sad to see that someone else bought it. I loved the color and it was the perfect size for me. Oh, well... :(2
Awww, I hope you will see a similar size/cut from Mastercut in the future. Dana seems to be cutting for Crescent Gems, and I liked many of the gems from that collaboration, it's just that most of those gems are larger sizes I can't afford. If the collaboration continues, I'm sure you can snatch another one in the right color and size if you watch Mastercut closely.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I admire all the willpower many of you have... I may have bought a few (or more) gems from this sale. :whistle:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I admire all the willpower many of you have... I may have bought a few (or more) gems from this sale. :whistle:
Please come back and share your purchases with us! :geek2:
Lol I hope you didn't consider me as having willpower:confused2:...:eek2:any so-called "willpower" comes from the fact that I spent $3k+ buying multiple gems I've been eyeing in Yvonne's shop :lol-2: before I browsed Mastercut's sale

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please come back and share your purchases with us! :geek2:
Lol I hope you didn't consider me as having willpower:confused2:...:eek2:any so-called "willpower" comes from the fact that I spent $3k+ buying multiple gems I've been eyeing in Yvonne's shop :lol-2: before I browsed Mastercut's sale

I feel your pain... I had to say no to a few drool-worthy gems elsewhere to hold out for this sale. :naughty:

Will be happy to share when they arrive too! For some reason all but one of the gems I chose are pink in tone or color. Although, I know I'll be deciding between at least two of the silver/pink spinels. I couldn't make up my mind between an oval and an emerald cut so I figured I'd take a look at both in person. I'll line both up and have y'all help me decide. =)2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have pics of sugarloaf pieces? I'm SO tempted by the pink quartz on sale, but no clue how I would set them!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awww, I hope you will see a similar size/cut from Mastercut in the future. Dana seems to be cutting for Crescent Gems, and I liked many of the gems from that collaboration, it's just that most of those gems are larger sizes I can't afford. If the collaboration continues, I'm sure you can snatch another one in the right color and size if you watch Mastercut closely.

I actually directly wondered about this. He use to have several pages of their stones right listed under a link 'angee sri lankan gems' (sorry I have no idea how to spell this) in his menu bar. Now I can't find the menu icon any longer or many of the stones like the ones here

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ue-sapphire-pear-or-oval.215899/#post-3928062

I wondered if I just lost track of where it was filed under the menu bar.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I actually directly wondered about this. He use to have several pages of their stones right listed under a link 'angee sri lankan gems' (sorry I have no idea how to spell this) in his menu bar. Now I can't find the menu icon any longer or many of the stones like the ones here

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ue-sapphire-pear-or-oval.215899/#post-3928062

I got confused initially, because Rachelle posted a video talking about "Crescent Gem" stones and I couldn't find it on the website. But that's because they're listed at the regular price at crescentgems.com. I believe they created a new website for these finer sapphires.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock

Yes it was ANAGEE I think, lots of blue sapphires. Does anyone know if the new Crescent Gems is the same as the ANAGEE supplier they were working with? That video is the first I heard of Crescent.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yes it was ANAGEE I think, lots of blue sapphires. Does anyone know if the new Crescent Gems is the same as the ANAGEE supplier they were working with? That video is the first I heard of Crescent.
No idea if they're the same, but some of Crescent Gems' listings say that the gem is from ANAGEE...

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ARGHHHHH The Aussie dollar STINKS!

Now onto happier things since I've had my whinge!

I bought this:

and this

https://www.mastercutgems.com/Produ...al_Color_Garnet_1_84_carat-Gem.php?FromPage=1

That Garnet looks fab and I have always wanted to own a garnet and a gem from Mastercut!

The pink spinel is my bid to further explore pink for Pink Bandit's sake!

I totally should not be buying but it doesn't count cuz I kinda NEED a Mastercut gem for the collection! Heeeeee

Would have gotten a Peridot pair for earrings too but the AUD is tragic and then I thought about setting costs so I piked!

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
E8928DFC-F9B3-48EC-970B-BDFBB0851C34.jpeg
I bought this garnet.

Was that garnet featured on their FB page in a video? I loved it and missed out on it! Either way glad you got it! Looks amazing!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought a small tsavorite garnet. -4.8 mm. I prefer smaller stones (not just because my budget does) and liked the color even though it probably isn't ideal. My collection is small but slowly adding to it!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a small tsavorite garnet. -4.8 mm. I prefer smaller stones (not just because my budget does) and liked the color even though it probably isn't ideal. My collection is small but slowly adding to it!

Oooh pic please!!!! Part of the joy for me is seeing what everyone else loves.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4C5A981C-E65E-4214-AE7B-1FF50CC0AC28.png

Here you go! I’m curious to see what it looks like in person. What I like about colored stones is that we can like what we like, even if not trade ideal. :)

Ooh I am too! Please come back and post a pic of it when it arrives! Its a lovely colour!

I have an emerald that is about the size of your stone! Am trying to work out what I should do with it!

Totally agree it's about what calls out to you! I have a full on bright pink sapphire (gorgeous stone) but that light pink spinel I bought also speaks to me!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Was that garnet featured on their FB page in a video? I loved it and missed out on it! Either way glad you got it! Looks amazing!

Yes, it was! Sorry, I know how that goes as I’m usually way too slow. I happened to be on FB and just jumped on it right away. Will post some pictures when I get it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results