shape
carat
color
clarity

Mastercut Gems Spring Cleaning Sale

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mastercut Gems started a big Spring Cleaning Sale today! Did anyone find anything they had to have?
I scored the green tourmaline and Montana Sapphire they had featured on their Facebook site, seen in the screenshot below. It’s my first Montana and I’m excited to see it in person! I’m curious to see what other PS’er found at their sale.
1656F61D-5449-4123-95F2-7D7BEE7C0EE5.png

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great score 2Neezers! So tempted by the round blue sapphire. I have a diamond ring for sale on the bistro and I could swap out the diamond for the sapphire and use that diamond for a bangle. I need to remind myself that I am not buying right now. We will see how long my will power lasts. :roll2:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great score 2Neezers! So tempted by the round blue sapphire. I have a diamond ring for sale on the bistro and I could swap out the diamond for the sapphire and use that diamond for a bangle. I need to remind myself that I am not buying right now. We will see how long my will power lasts. :roll2:
I have been tempted by the 6.5mm round blue sapphire too, if that’s the one you are looking at. I have a setting from Ivy and Rose that the one I purchased should fit in perfectly, though. That 6.5mm round is a great deal and nice color, there are a few sub 6mm blue sapphires that are really beautiful too!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I purchased two zircons, my first purchase from Mastercut!
They do have some beautiful zircons! I was tempted by the zircon stud earrings...

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mastercut Gems started a big Spring Cleaning Sale today! Did anyone find anything they had to have?
I scored the green tourmaline and Montana Sapphire they had featured on their Facebook site, seen in the screenshot below. It’s my first Montana and I’m excited to see it in person! I’m curious to see what other PS’er found at their sale.
1656F61D-5449-4123-95F2-7D7BEE7C0EE5.png
Gorgeous!! If I didn’t find anything at the gem show I attended yesterday, I was going to buy that tourmaline and that Montana sapphire. Lol! I think you would have beaten me to them. Congratulations! All three are beautiful!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! If I didn’t find anything at the gem show I attended yesterday, I was going to buy that tourmaline and that Montana sapphire. Lol! I think you would have beaten me to them. Congratulations! All three are beautiful!
Sorry!!! The video really sold me on those two. I have been wanting a darker blue sapphire and the tourmaline was such a pretty green, at that price I couldn’t resist. I hope you had some good finds at the gem show!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry!!! The video really sold me on those two. I have been wanting a darker blue sapphire and the tourmaline was such a pretty green, at that price I couldn’t resist. I hope you had some good finds at the gem show!
No worries! You have great taste. I’m very happy with my settingsa and gemstone purchases from yesterday.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The videos really bring the gems to life! They are so helpful. I bought these:

28828441_1494470457342139_1325841592994560874_o.jpg
Those are beautiful! Great finds! I hope they continue to post videos, they really do bring the gems to life :)

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F68D64EC-6C2B-4C3C-B4B4-2498F4E34F11.jpeg 3DFEB80D-CF3B-4F65-8A20-5F0237D8A9AB.jpeg 7A8FF669-1CD8-443C-9C47-44B5A9F1C959.jpeg EAC73052-39AE-44A4-8244-976BA349B65B.jpeg Here are my two purchases. They are topaz not zircons like I mentioned before. I had been looking at zircons too! One is a light golden almost peach color. The other is a darker golden brown. None of my pics captured those colors well. It was dark so no natural light yet. One photo is under warm dining room light. Other under bright white cfl bathroom bulbs. This was my first purchase from Mastercut and it was a great experience. I will definitely order from them again! And it looks like my pics are out of order!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F68D64EC-6C2B-4C3C-B4B4-2498F4E34F11.jpeg 3DFEB80D-CF3B-4F65-8A20-5F0237D8A9AB.jpeg 7A8FF669-1CD8-443C-9C47-44B5A9F1C959.jpeg EAC73052-39AE-44A4-8244-976BA349B65B.jpeg Here are my two purchases. They are topaz not zircons like I mentioned before. I had been looking at zircons too! One is a light golden almost peach color. The other is a darker golden brown. None of my pics captured those colors well. It was dark so no natural light yet. One photo is under warm dining room light. Other under bright white cfl bathroom bulbs. This was my first purchase from Mastercut and it was a great experience. I will definitely order from them again! And it looks like my pics are out of order!
I just love the topaz From Mastercut and yours are lovely! I have a sherry topaz and an imperial topaz from Mastercut gems and I just love them. What is the origin of your gems? Are they from Pakistan or Brazil? What are you going to do with them?

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just love the topaz From Mastercut and yours are lovely! I have a sherry topaz and an imperial topaz from Mastercut gems and I just love them. What is the origin of your gems? Are they from Pakistan or Brazil? What are you going to do with them?

They are both natural from Pakistan, 11.4 & 12.8mm! They are quite large! Since this was my first order from Mastercut it was kind of an experiment. The gems were fairly inexpensive for me with the sale & I was really curious about the cutting. Many of their photos are difficult for me to read & I wanted see how the photos align with the actual gems. They were quite close actually so that was a nice surprise! As for what I’ll do with them I’m not sure yet. I prefer rings & my career doesn’t allow for any jewelry to be worn so all of my jewelry is occasional wear. However, It will be awhile before I set them. Prior to these gems my largest was 8mm. I couldn’t visualize 12mm. Now that I have seen the size they are huge & I’m not sure rings would be a good idea!

I’ve heard of but never seen imperial topaz. I’ve never heard of sherry topaz. Do you have any pictures? :)

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FF6E9A20-CFFC-4C27-93AD-526BFBF042A5.jpeg 418B1421-6077-4C82-962D-11717336E560.jpeg
They are both natural from Pakistan, 11.4 & 12.8mm! They are quite large! Since this was my first order from Mastercut it was kind of an experiment. The gems were fairly inexpensive for me with the sale & I was really curious about the cutting. Many of their photos are difficult for me to read & I wanted see how the photos align with the actual gems. They were quite close actually so that was a nice surprise! As for what I’ll do with them I’m not sure yet. I prefer rings & my career doesn’t allow for any jewelry to be worn so all of my jewelry is occasional wear. However, It will be awhile before I set them. Prior to these gems my largest was 8mm. I couldn’t visualize 12mm. Now that I have seen the size they are huge & I’m not sure rings would be a good idea!

I’ve heard of but never seen imperial topaz. I’ve never heard of sherry topaz. Do you have any pictures? :)
I saw and admired your two gems. I think Dana takes accurate photos. I have four gems from him and am happy with them all.

12mm is big. I would put the larger topaz in a pendant. Here are mine. The imperial topaz is about 1.5 carats and the sherry topaz is 6 something.

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes I think they might be pendant gems due to the size! Yours are lovely! I especially like the larger oval! Do you have plans to set them or just collecting them?

I saw a few other gems from the sale that are probably very nice but just not in my budget right now. Good thing is there will always be another beautiful gem and another sale if I miss out!

Heidi2101

Rough_Rock
Premium

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Disclaimer: I take the worst pictures!!! Here are my first three stones from Dana. :love: I went a little nuts and have a couple more coming. Poor Rachelle must be so frustrated with me and all the trips to the post office!
Namya orange-pink spinel, 1.24 ct:
NamyaSpinel1.24.JPG NamyaOrangePink.JPG
Namya pink spinel 1.83ct:
NamyaSpinel1.83.jpg

Color shift sapphire 1.21ct: It's blurry, but too bad. I'm over this photography stuff.
Sapphire.JPG

They are beautiful and sparkly!!!! I just with they were each 5ct! Apologies for the wrinkled fingers, too. :(2

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are pretty and I especially like the orange - pink spinel!

Disclaimer: I take the worst pictures!!! Here are my first three stones from Dana. :love: I went a little nuts and have a couple more coming. Poor Rachelle must be so frustrated with me and all the trips to the post office!
NamyaSpinel1.83.jpg

Color shift sapphire 1.21ct: It's blurry, but too bad. I'm over this photography stuff.
Sapphire.JPG

They are beautiful and sparkly!!!! I just with they were each 5ct! Apologies for the wrinkled fingers, too. :(2

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are pretty and I especially like the orange - pink spinel!
NamyaSpinel1.83.jpg

Sapphire.JPG

What are your plans for these beauties?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What are your plans for these beauties?
Well, I have no money left, so.... I need to go through my stash and see how different pairings look. I'd like to make a pendant, but I'll probably end up with another ring.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Beautiful choices! It looks like the garnet has already sold, so hopefully you were able to get that one. The peridot looks like it has a really neat cut and great color. The zircon looks a little lighter in color than some of their others, but the lighter zircons I have seen reflect various colors more than the darker zircons I have seen. I love all shades of blue zircon though, it’s just a matter of what your preference is. Dana and Rachelle are very accommodating with returns if needed. I am always nervous when ordering gems online from any vendor, but knowing returns are hassle free helps. Having the stones in your hands will really help you learn your preferences. Have fun :)

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
NamyaSpinel1.83.jpg

Sapphire.JPG

I love both of your Spinels and the color change Sapphire. The color changed quite a lot from the purple in Rachelle’s photo to the blue in your photo. Very cool!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I have no money left, so.... I need to go through my stash and see how different pairings look. I'd like to make a pendant, but I'll probably end up with another ring.
I always buy gems and worry about setting them later. It drives my husband crazy. Usually, I have a good idea on how I’m going to set them. I think it’s better to go ahead and buy the stone because once it’s gone, it’s gone forever. You can always have a stone set at another time though. Enjoy your beauties!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes I think they might be pendant gems due to the size! Yours are lovely! I especially like the larger oval! Do you have plans to set them or just collecting them?

I saw a few other gems from the sale that are probably very nice but just not in my budget right now. Good thing is there will always be another beautiful gem and another sale if I miss out!
Thank you! I’m still not sure what to do with the imperial topaz. I think I’ll put it in a pendant. It is blue being when the sun hits it. I’d like to put the larger topaz in a simple yellow gold setting though. I just realized how bad my photos are. Both stones look better in hand.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have only seen unheated blue zircon on the Mastercut gems website. It is lighter in color, but I have a saturated blue zircon in a ring and a light blue zircon I plan to set in a pendant. They look different from each other, but are both pretty in their own way. This one is very nice. The Pakistani peridot is lovely too! Has the garnet sold?

Heidi2101

Rough_Rock
Premium
Looks like the garnet has sold, yes. Too bad, I loved that one.
Thanks for weighing in on this. This gives me some confidence!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results