shape
carat
color
clarity

Makeover! 1.59 transition in vintage yg solitaire

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you all may remember I got a beautiful diamond and as I could not decide on a setting, I had Caysie set the diamond in temporary , and beautiful, solitaire until I could find something that really spoke to me. Lucky for me that didn't take too long. I found an unremarkable amethyst ring on eBay. Meh photos. Meh stone. But the setting :love:
The seller wasn't that experienced and she had just plopped a ruler next to the ammy and to show the size. It "measured" just over 7mm. It had returns and was under $200 so I took a chance. When I got it home I measured the stone with my somewhat crummy calipers and it was about .1-.2 mm smaller than my stone. In my mind that meant OF COURSE IT FITS- but everyone else seemed more realistic. "Hope it fits!" "Guess well see" I kept hearing.

I couldn't wait to hear the results so I sent it to dk. He said it would fit with only a light prong tipping. :-o:-o:-o:-o....Fab. Tipped, sized, and given a nice gold wash and she was back home the next week.

I just love her. I know she's basic. And she's not everyone's cup of tea. People will say the prongs should be white. It could be set higher. Or the prongs aren't delicate. But to me she is perfect. Simple soli but the subtle details scream vintage and timeless all at once. And of course, the 8 prongs I was wanting this whole time. I bought an 18k gold antique band. It had an old shine finish. I had taken a scotch brite sponge to it and now she is matte :lol::lol:. She is how I'll be wearing it. So basic. So simple. It's amazing I don't think I know anyone in my area with a yellow gold set under the age of 45. These young kids need to get with the times! Anywho. If you read all this, thanks. Time for the diamond ****

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting to note that the color has not been effected by the change in prong color.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it, its a beautiful stone Neil, and the setting allows the stone to pop--great choices all around!:):wavey:

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love your stone so much - and I love that you made the band matte yourself!! Very resourceful haha - your set looks great together.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's beyond the beyond. I truly love that setting. And of course the diamond is perfection. It looks so much bigger in the new home. I'm really glad you kept the prongs yg since they are so integrated into the setting. GORGEOUS!!!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Girl it is perfect. It is at home in this setting more than it ever was in the Jovyn and so much more flattering on your hand. I have strong feelings for it and I'm so glad you love the OEC!! :love::love::love:

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! Both rings look like they've got stories to tell!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love your stone so much - and I love that you made the band matte yourself!! Very resourceful haha - your set looks great together.
Haha thanks for reading. I wondered if anyone would notice I matted it myself :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous! Reminds me of a belcher setting.:love:

cheers--Sharon

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After! After! After! You nailed it, it's perfectly lovely!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really LOVE the setting and the diamond is incredible. The new setting is definitely so much more fitting. I love the size of the shank and the prongs and profile. It's really perfect...and what great pics!!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh!! I've been waiting for this SMTB! LOVE!!!

Blingloverbyday

Shiny_Rock
This is so beautiful! It's absolute perfection. Hope you enjoy this set for many years! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The gold setting is perfectly lovely and charming. :love::love: It looks wonderful and brings out the sweetness of your stone. Congratulations on finding a setting so appropriate for it. It looks at home.

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
It's amazing...I love it! And the DIY finish on the band is brilliant. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, toooooo! :love: Seriously, you did an outstanding job finding that setting! And of course that style needed to stay all one metal. The 8 prongs look great, and I love the width of the shank! What width is it on each side of the diamond?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, toooooo! :love: Seriously, you did an outstanding job finding that setting! And of course that style needed to stay all one metal. The 8 prongs look great, and I love the width of the shank! What width is it on each side of the diamond?
I will check my with my mediocre calipers in a moment and get back to you on that :)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your setting and diamond are a perfect match Neil!! Its very pretty!! Congrats on your find!!:love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection! Absolutely bloody gorgeous! The setting is absolutely dreamy & brings the diamond to life like a true antique. They were made for each other & look lovely on your hand :love:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely, I think the outside shots particularly highlight how well the stone suits the y/g.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to this..I love the new setting, it is the perfect home for this diamond.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning result Niel!! It's indeed a gorgeous setting and a perfect match with your beautiful diamond. I like!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At it's thinest it's 1.9 ish (back of shank) the shank goes up to the donut which is like ,6-6.5mm but the actual shank part is 3.5mm ish at it's widest

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results