shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a 1-1.25 carat diamond

collinmaune

Rough_Rock
I'm starting the process for looking for center diamonds for an engagement ring for my girlfriend, she has pinned a few things on pintrest of a round or cushion cut diamond in a pave setting. She has mentioned both lab created diamonds and earth diamonds along with moissnate as well. as far as budget I an open I have been looking at real diamonds around the 5-7K range

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
Do you have a color preference? Will the setting be platinum, white, yellow or rose gold? Does she like vintage/antique cuts? For your budget and size preference, you could definitely use the August Vintage concierge service to find a lovely stone in a less modern cut. If modern cuts are preferred, you could easily find gorgeous options that come in under budget.

I would only caution against MMDs if your fiancé is the type to want a diamond upgrade through the same vendor in the future. Basically trade in the stone and get a larger one with credit toward it. With that being said, for $5-7000 you could get a larger stone now. Rocky Talky always has people railing against MMDs. It’s quite annoying. Lab created diamonds are real diamonds. The price and benefit of not destroying the environment made them a clear choice when I decided to purchase a second diamond ring.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To ask some questions...

- is the 1-1.25ct the size your girlfriend has requested? Or is it the size your budget can achieve in Mined diamonds?

- would you like to get a bigger stone for the same budget?

- would you like to stick to the 1-1.25ct size but save some budget?

collinmaune

Rough_Rock
I came up with the 1.00-1.25 by looking at some pictures she pineed on pinrest through a friends phone and guessed on the carat to size of finger. I have a friend who's wife has a .75 carat and my girlfriend said it is really nice so. As far as bigger I am fine with going to a bigger stone. My girlfriend is a nurse and scrubs in and out of surgeries a lot so I am also debating about getting 2 rings one either mined or lab diamond and an identical one that is made of mossinate as well for her to wear to work etc.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came up with the 1.00-1.25 by looking at some pictures she pineed on pinrest through a friends phone and guessed on the carat to size of finger. I have a friend who's wife has a .75 carat and my girlfriend said it is really nice so. As far as bigger I am fine with going to a bigger stone. My girlfriend is a nurse and scrubs in and out of surgeries a lot so I am also debating about getting 2 rings one either mined or lab diamond and an identical one that is made of mossinate as well for her to wear to work etc.
Ok, you've been doing some research, that is a good thing ;-) :D

Do you know if she has to be 'bare below the wrists' at work? I know that is a rule that some medical facilities require, and either way, if she is in and out of surgery a lot, it may well be that she does not put a ring on when she is going to work, just because it would remove the risk of loss / damage / theft / contamination.

She might want to wear the ring on a necklace, I believe some medical-types on here do that, but it could mean it 'bangs around' if she is bending over and straightening up regularly.

Will this be a complete surprise? If you have discussed things, or even if you haven't, you could somehow find a way to work into conversation a question about what she thinks of rings at work/on necklaces... (good luck ;-) lol)

Also, to check, has she specifically said she would be fine with an MMD? Some people like them, some people see no difference, some are opposed to them, so you need to make sure that she is happy to have one.

And, of course, don't try to pass an MMD off as Mined (whether by specifically lying or by lying through omission) as that will come back to bite you on the bottom in the future ;-) lol

I am going to go out on a limb and suggest that bigger is better - I know some say size doesn't matter, but it does really ;-) :lol:

There's a thread in this section of the forum with a list of vendors that could be worth looking at - I haven't got time today but I can try to look at options later!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results