shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Something blue - wanting earrings

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looking for my something blue for my upcoming wedding/ elopement on the beach in Kauai.
I saw these awhile back and have had them in my mind, but seem pricey for what they are (silver with topaz) but they are beautiful. Does anyone have any other ideas. https://www.tacori.com/se10545/
I don't really have a set budget, it kind of depends on what it is, but I'd like to stay at or below the price of these Tacori earrings at about 500$ - could maybe go up for something special. Also, if you think these are a good option I was originally looking at the sky blue, but now deciding between sky or swiss blue, they also have London blue avail, but it looks too dark for what I am thinking. The sky blue is, of course, more affordable...
Thanks all :wavey:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I agree about the price. I think that's way too much for blue topaz and silver. You'd be paying for the brand. If you google it or white gold blue topaz earrings, I'm sure you'll find plenty of other options.

ordinaryrainbow

Shiny_Rock
Blue Nile has blue topaz earrings for <$200. If you look on Etsy, there are many blue topaz earrings for much less.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I wouldn't limit your search to blue topaz, aquamarine is gorgeous as well. Sapphires will likely be outside the budget though, unless it's just a small melee accent. I just bought an aquamarine right hand ring in platinum for $450, so deals can be had on secondhand sites, ebay, etc. I'd also look at the Real Real's selection of jewelry. I've had good luck finding solid gold gemstone pieces. Yvonne Raley on etsy may also have a nice selection of stones and setting options.

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So far I have looked on Etsy, but haven't found anything that struck my fancy the same way. I looked on loupe troop as well. I'll try to expand my search to aquamarines, any other nice blue stones you know of. I have seen beautiful zircons but I am not looking for that neon look, but kind of a more mellow look.

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't limit your search to blue topaz, aquamarine is gorgeous as well. Sapphires will likely be outside the budget though, unless it's just a small melee accent. I just bought an aquamarine right hand ring in platinum for $450, so deals can be had on secondhand sites, ebay, etc. I'd also look at the Real Real's selection of jewelry. I've had good luck finding solid gold gemstone pieces. Yvonne Raley on etsy may also have a nice selection of stones and setting options.

Have you had anything set by Yvonne Raley? I just found a set of stones that I would love for earrings, but I am wondering If I were to do this option how are her settings or should I just buy the stones from her and have someone else set them.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
https://www.costco.com/Swiss-Blue-Topaz-and-Diamond-14kt-White-Gold-Earrings.product.100288845.html
https://www.costco.com/Blue-Topaz-and-Diamond-14kt-White-Gold-Earrings.product.100032705.html

Costco has some beautiful blue earrings - I've order the blue topaz - returned them because they were too small for my taste but the color was beautiful! And I've seen the swiss blue ones in the store and they gorgeous bright electric blue! They would be beautiful for your beach wedding - so exciting! Tell us more details about your wedding if you like:wavey:

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Have you had anything set by Yvonne Raley? I just found a set of stones that I would love for earrings, but I am wondering If I were to do this option how are her settings or should I just buy the stones from her and have someone else set them.

I haven't but she's a well-known and reputable vendor here on Pricescope. I would have her set them unless you don't like her style or want something that's ultra basic and ulta simple (i.e. some three prong Stuller martini studs). Even then, I'd message her and ask if she could do exactly what you're looking for. Reason being, setting is so much the cost of labor as it is the materials. I spent $125 setting some round stones into a simple 14k gold martini, with a whopping $12 in gold melt value. The rest is labor and markup. You'll generally save by having the stone seller also go ahead and set the stones for you. It'll also be an advantage because you'll know exactly how much it'll be without being blindsided. I had David Klass recently set some 7mm round gems and it was $350 for a 14k milgrain bezel.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results