shape
carat
color
clarity

Least favorite smells.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are some of your least favorite smells?

calvinandhobbesstinkysmell.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my top 10 in no particular order.

1. Cooking cabbage
2. Stinky feet
3. Skunk
4. Blood
5. Rotten eggs
6. Cilantro (I know this is one you either love or hate)
7. Poop
8. Rotten fruit
9. Garbage and garbage trucks
10. Vieux-Boulogne (world's smelliest cheese)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exhaust fumes, sewage, cigarettes, poop, unwashed body odor

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Puke/sick.

I can deal with blood and poo, however I dread having to clean up puke/sick after the pets have thrown up (or myself on the rare occasions).

DK :sick:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
some exhust fumes smell ok - have a sniff off a well cared for/new diseal van as it drives past and it smells like detergent

now things i don't like
the smell of English muffins in the toaster - i can't stand it and have to go outside till its over

rubbish trucks and the tip (dump) gross me out big time !

cat or dog poop - lucky if someone needs to use the facilities in the middle of the night we have lavender clumping kitty litter -

human sick
ashtrays

any kind of peach air freshner - my mum had it in the house when my dad was dying so its an association thing i guess

alyssum - the little flower/weed - it gives me asthma and makes me feel dreadful and its such a cloying sweetness its revolting

definatly unwashed bodies especially if its only 9am - no excuses just gross

the sewage plant and sewage ponds
the freezing works (large scale industrial slauter house)
a wool scour - oh poo that is so bad, i worked for a rural supply company who owned a wool scour - poo that was a dreadful smell
a tannery - poo! smells like a wool scour

rubber - like a whole pile of gumboots (rubber boots) and that's even before foot odur - just the smell of all that new rubber makes me feel like i can't breeth

rotton potatos
once you have smelt it you'll never forget it - when i was working for that rurual suoply company i worked in the garden centre. we would would get truck loads of sacks of seed spuds to be broken down into 3kg bags to sell to the home gardener
one year the Marris anchor got unloaded in the rain - i had to go through them and pick out the rotton ones - the smell got under my fingernails

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pizza pockets outta the microwave. My sons wanted some a few years ago, so I caved. That odor...wtf?
did they enhoy them anyway ?

i feel a bit sorry for the boys :mrgreen2:
as my other half has banned popcorn in this house and i miss it

its funny what some of us like and what we don't like

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
incense, cucumber/melon scent in skincare, hamburgers being cooked inside the house in a pan, mildew in towels

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We appear to be nasal twins lol. I abhor that melon note. Instant headache.

i guess you don't buy the dishwash then ;)2
it almost makes me enjoy doing the dishes

Attachments

• Palmolive-Dishwash-Liquid-Crisp-Cucumber-Melon.jpg
    Palmolive-Dishwash-Liquid-Crisp-Cucumber-Melon.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 41

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
i guess you don't buy the dishwash then ;)2
it almost makes me enjoy doing the dishes

LOL noooo!!! I do eat cucumbers now but I hated them as a kid when my sense of smell was even more sensitive than it is now. My melon-hatred is still going strong though.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This will turn into a rant... :lol:

… but I HATE those plug-in 'air fresheners' :mad:

Seriously, WTF?

You presumably think your house/apartment/other dwelling smells (??) so rather than clean it thoroughly to remove the apparent source and open the windows to air the building regularly, the better option is to try to mask it by filling your abode with microscopic, air-borne, unknown man-made chemicals (because 'secret formula' :roll:) that you and your family and guests have no choice but to inhale into your lungs, transfer into your blood stream, and then pump round your body to every single cell within it?

That is frankly insane.

It's no wonder us humans are experiencing record levels of cancer if seemingly no-one gives a toss about what artificial and entirely unnecessary chemicals they put into their bodies. :|

[/shakes fist at cloud]

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
This will turn into a rant... :lol:

… but I HATE those plug-in 'air fresheners' :mad:

Seriously, WTF?

You presumably think your house/apartment/other dwelling smells (??) so rather than clean it thoroughly to remove the apparent source and open the windows to air the building regularly, the better option is to try to mask it by filling your abode with microscopic, air-borne, unknown man-made chemicals (because 'secret formula' :roll:) that you and your family and guests have no choice but to inhale into your lungs, transfer into your blood stream, and then pump round your body to every single cell within it?

That is frankly insane.

It's no wonder us humans are experiencing record levels of cancer if seemingly no-one gives a toss about what artificial and entirely unnecessary chemicals they put into their bodies. :|

[/shakes fist at cloud]

Totally agree! Not a fan of those air fresheners!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
charlie perfume - near death experience caused by this.
floral air fresheners - almost as bad as charlie perfume if strong enough.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mustard
Mayonnaise
Ketchup
Tartar sauce
Salad dressing
etc.

Even the faintest whiff of vinegar makes me hurl.

0.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mustard
Mayonnaise
Ketchup
Tartar sauce
Salad dressing
etc.

Even the faintest whiff of vinegar makes me hurl.

0.gif

wow
i thought that was just me
i hate anything with viniger
a salad is ruined with a dressing that contains any dressing more lemon juice

My other half had an english mum so he likes viniger on his hot chips
its put me right off fish and chips

i have to aleays remember when im out to order everything with no dressing, no sauce of any kind inless its hickory bbq
the number of times a salad has been completly ruined
i also despise all pickles because of the viniger - ill almost spew if i get even a tiny bite of gerkan

and yuck mayo
the worst thing was once i ordered an omlet and it had been spread with mayo before being folded over

ive been known to wash food in my water or make a huge performances of using paper servettes to sponge off mayo if ive forgotten to say no
and i do not hesitate to send stuff back if it arrives with mayo when i remembered to say no

yuck to mustard also

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow
i thought that was just me
i hate anything with viniger
a salad is ruined with a dressing that contains any dressing more lemon juice

My other half had an english mum so he likes viniger on his hot chips
its put me right off fish and chips

i have to aleays remember when im out to order everything with no dressing, no sauce of any kind inless its hickory bbq
the number of times a salad has been completly ruined
i also despise all pickles because of the viniger - ill almost spew if i get even a tiny bite of gerkan

and yuck mayo
the worst thing was once i ordered an omlet and it had been spread with mayo before being folded over

ive been known to wash food in my water or make a huge performances of using paper servettes to sponge off mayo if ive forgotten to say no
and i do not hesitate to send stuff back if it arrives with mayo when i remembered to say no

yuck to mustard also

Okay, I'm turning straight and you need to divorce your husband. :kiss2:

We'll live happily ever after ... sans vinegar.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pizza pockets outta the microwave. My sons wanted some a few years ago, so I caved. That odor...wtf?
Weird isn't it?
There are a lot of foods that when cooked on stove/oven are just fine but nuke em and uuuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhh!!
Pizza puffs are one of them a lot of the time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding to my list heavy perfumes. Make me ill.

Air fresheners. Any kind. Ugh just awful smelling.

Every product I buy is unscented with a minimal of ingredients.

DH added a smell he loathes. Old Apartment building hallways. Stale and unpleasant.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Subway sandwich shops. I can smell one a mile away when they bake bread. It smells like feet.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Subway sandwich shops. I can smell one a mile away when they bake bread. It smells like feet.

Yeast to rise bread dough and foot fungus are probably not that distantly related.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
rotten tomatoes (I can't IMAGINE anyone actually picking one up and throwing it, haha. I'd need gloves, a supplied air mask, and a hazmat suit to even consider trying to throw one.)

a dead mouse someplace in the house, especially behind a wall, or thoughtfully tucked under my pillow in mid July by a well-meaning cat

the mercaptan odorant added to natural gas, and other mercaptan chemicals

that decaying pee / poop smell that unsanitary nursing homes have

various road kills decaying on the many rural roads around here

that gawdawful positively gagging odor when the farmers spread that liquid manure they've been collecting all winter (May or may not be the same or an even worse odor than a post above mentioned.)

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Tomato juice on an airplane.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results