shape
carat
color
clarity

James Allen's Grand Opening of a retail store.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
psadmin submitted a new blog post

James Allen's Grand Opening of a retail experience.
JA_Store-2-1024x683.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited:

Johnbt

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looks like they've done a good job upgrading the old Steve Madden location between Urban Outfitters and Michael Kors.

I don't need a free manicure, so I won't be stopping by. =)

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock
Looks like they've done a good job upgrading the old Steve Madden location between Urban Outfitters and Michael Kors.

I don't need a free manicure, so I won't be stopping by. =)

Thanks for the feedback! We're glad you like the upgrade and understand a manicure may not be your thing. You're welcome to stop by though, in case you'd like to experience amazing technology, meet our founders, and see hundreds of our engagement rings, diamond bands, and jewelry. :wink2:

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback! We're glad you like the upgrade and understand a manicure may not be your thing. You're welcome to stop by though, in case you'd like to experience amazing technology, meet our founders, and see hundreds of our engagement rings, diamond bands, and jewelry. :wink2:

We almost forgot-- you'll also get the chance to win a $500 diamond necklace :)

ctsamg

Rough_Rock
Could you tell us more about the store concept? Will you be able to order stones into the store to preview them?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
congrats Jim

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock
Could you tell us more about the store concept? Will you be able to order stones into the store to preview them?

Absolutely! You can pick up to three diamonds from our website and view them in person. There's no charge or obligation to purchase with this service. You can either schedule the viewing appointments in person at our store or call our customer service team to set one up.

Additionally, you will be able to view a variety of engagement ring settings, diamonds, gemstone jewelry, pearls and designer jewelry, among others. You can purchase in store as well as place orders online that will be shipped directly to your home or office.

Yellowbuttercup

Rough_Rock
Absolutely! You can pick up to three diamonds from our website and view them in person. There's no charge or obligation to purchase with this service. You can either schedule the viewing appointments in person at our store or call our customer service team to set one up.

Additionally, you will be able to view a variety of engagement ring settings, diamonds, gemstone jewelry, pearls and designer jewelry, among others. You can purchase in store as well as place orders online that will be shipped directly to your home or office.

I’m curious, you said there is no charge? Does this mean we do not have to purchase the stone before it can be shipped to the store, or does that mean that the purchase will be refunded should we choose not to purchase after viewing the stone?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to the JA team on this milestone! :appl:

A question: I have asked JA for imagery (IS/ASET) on stones and I have not-infrequently been informed that it will not be possible to get those additional images because the stone is not accessible. I’ve been buying from JA for a long time and I’ve noticed that the proportion of inaccessible stones seems to have increased over time - this response was almost unheard-of eight years ago.

Your statement above implies that consumers can choose any three diamonds from the site for in-person viewing. This is a potent promise: is it the case that this service is not subject to the same restrictions as image requests - meaning that stones that cannot be photographed will nonetheless be made available for in-person viewing?

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock
I’m curious, you said there is no charge? Does this mean we do not have to purchase the stone before it can be shipped to the store, or does that mean that the purchase will be refunded should we choose not to purchase after viewing the stone?

You are correct - you do not need to purchase the stone before viewing and there is no obligation to buy. As this is a new venture for us, this may change in the future, however our hope is to continue offering this perk to our customers. :)

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock
Congratulations to the JA team on this milestone! :appl:

A question: I have asked JA for imagery (IS/ASET) on stones and I have not-infrequently been informed that it will not be possible to get those additional images because the stone is not accessible. I’ve been buying from JA for a long time and I’ve noticed that the proportion of inaccessible stones seems to have increased over time - this response was almost unheard-of eight years ago.

Your statement above implies that consumers can choose any three diamonds from the site for in-person viewing. This is a potent promise: is it the case that this service is not subject to the same restrictions as image requests - meaning that stones that cannot be photographed will nonetheless be made available for in-person viewing?

Over the last years, our 360° visualized diamond inventory has increased from 50,000 to 200,000. We used to only house stones that came with IS/ASET images, but, as those options are limited, we have chosen to offer our customers as many options as possible, even if we can't IS/ASET images for all of them.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Over the last years, our 360° visualized diamond inventory has increased from 50,000 to 200,000. We used to only house stones that came with IS/ASET images, but, as those options are limited, we have chosen to offer our customers as many options as possible, even if we can't IS/ASET images for all of them.

You did not actually answer my question, but your implication is clear: stones that are unavailable for imaging will also be unavailable for in-person viewing.

I have no issue with this reality.

However, this unavailability isn’t a rare edge-case that customers are unlikely to run into - it’s actually rather common. And I do take issue with blank-statement marketing that glosses over this reality:
Absolutely! You can pick up to three diamonds from our website and view them in person.

Aside - I do think many customers would happily pay extra for additional services, if cost is the only prohibition re. imaging and in-person viewing of all stones.

Last edited:

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock
You did not actually answer my question, but your implication is clear: stones that are unavailable for imaging will also be unavailable for in-person viewing.

I have no issue with this reality.

However, this unavailability isn’t a rare edge-case that customers are unlikely to run into - it’s actually rather common. And I do take issue with blank-statement marketing that glosses over this reality:

Aside - I do think many customers would happily pay extra for additional services, if cost is the only prohibition re. imaging and in-person viewing of all stones.

Hi @yssie

Sorry I didn’t clearly answer your question – it wasn’t my intention to gloss over or make a blanket statement.

Our inability to provide IS/ASET images on our full inventory is a complicated issue, given the international nature of our supply chain and the high volume of diamonds that pass through our imaging centers each year. With that said, appointment requests to view diamonds in Georgetown will be much less affected by this issue. While I can’t guarantee that 100% of our diamonds will be viewable (at no cost or obligation) – it will be less restricted than the issue with obtaining additional IS/ASET imaging.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our inability to provide IS/ASET images on our full inventory is a complicated issue, given the international nature of our supply chain and the high volume of diamonds that pass through our imaging centers each year. With that said, appointment requests to view diamonds in Georgetown will be much less affected by this issue. While I can’t guarantee that 100% of our diamonds will be viewable (at no cost or obligation) – it will be less restricted than the issue with obtaining additional IS/ASET imaging.

Thank you, I appreciate your response and your clarification!! ::)

It's very interesting to hear that stones that aren't available for imaging may nonetheless be viewable in-person. As a happy JA customer - I'm excited to hear this and I'm sure folks reading this thread will be as well!

Wishing y'all the best for this new venture :appl:

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock
Thank you, I appreciate your response and your clarification!! ::)

It's very interesting to hear that stones that aren't available for imaging may nonetheless be viewable in-person. As a happy JA customer - I'm excited to hear this and I'm sure folks reading this thread will be as well!

Wishing y'all the best for this new venture :appl:

@yssie Thanks so much!! We'd love to see you in the store! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results