shape
carat
color
clarity

Jade barrel bead?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Hey all,

I’ve been wanting to get a small and beautiful jade barrel bead to hang on a chain. Can anyone recommend a good source? I saw a few on Etsy from Singapore but know nothing about them. Any and all help or direction appreciated! I find I love the icy jade or icy white with a bit of green or blue.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try Myanmar Jadeite Jade Pendant on Facebook.

If you message the lady and tell her what you want she'll be able to help you.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Try Myanmar Jadeite Jade Pendant on Facebook.

If you message the lady and tell her what you want she'll be able to help you.
Is this the shop where you bought your leaf earrings? The photos in the page of other items especially the lavenders look enhanced though your earrings turned out well.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the shop where you bought your leaf earrings? The photos in the page of other items especially the lavenders look enhanced though your earrings turned out well.

Yes 4 pairs of earrings from her!

@Bluegemz bought a lavender cab ring that is a fab colour.

Here is the video they sent me for both pairs of earrings if you want to compare to my pics

I actually don't think they mess with the photos on purpose but rather the photos they take are just inaccurate in general and they send you whatever they get after clicking.

The pic they sent of the back of the earrings looked a bit shoddy (I figured it was the back and could live with it) and I was surprised to see how well made it was in real life.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Myanmar jadeite jade pendant wholesale is the Facebook site that sells cheaper bibs n bobs. Same vendor. You're bound to find something like what you wanted OP!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Ok. I will certainly give them a try. Thanks for the tip!

It’s not a big purchase but I only plan on buying the one gorgeous - as - can - be jade bead. The one I looked at from Singapore is around $200 but she says free shipping to Canada :confused:.
Should that be a warning sign??

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can also look at Yokdee and Jadedivers on Etsy. Though the latter sells niche nephrite jade. Allaboutjade is another option.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Yokdee is who I’ve been talking to. I’ll look up allaboutjade too :).
Thank you! This is a bit nerve wracking when you don’t know who are good sellers. I’m glad I’m asking.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok. I will certainly give them a try. Thanks for the tip!

It’s not a big purchase but I only plan on buying the one gorgeous - as - can - be jade bead. The one I looked at from Singapore is around $200 but she says free shipping to Canada :confused:.
Should that be a warning sign??

Registered airmail for light items from Singapore is only a few bucks.

Yokdee retails average stuff, decent but average. $200 sounds about right.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Okay, good to know!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Not finding a whole lot - either not a popular item, I’m looking in the wrong place or smaller stuff not advertised? Contacted some people recommended but time differences so no answers yet. Welcome other suggestions...

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I have a question about pricing as I was shown a bead that is very pretty (to uneducated me) and quoted 1260 dollars. What should I expect to pay for such a bead? It depends, I understand but a range? Not computer savvy and no clue how to attach photos in PS - grrr, frustrated!
Can anyone roughly help me understand a range of reasonable pricing for a bead under 15 mm?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need a pic!!!

I think you can get a $500 bead or a $5000 bead depending on tone, texture, translucency, colour etc

Do you want me to walk you through how to attach a pic?

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Wait for that Myanmar jade lady from Facebook. She has good stuff. Do bargain.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second that! Message the lady and ask her for beads of varying budgets so you can see what you can get at various prices.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Yes! Please walk me through attaching. I was in bed when she emailed but I certainly do need a range of styles and prices - good idea. So new to buying something this way.
I know Jade can be one of the costliest substances, but I was surprised.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Also - how do I (respectfully) bargain? Is it expected? Never bargained before LOL but willing to give it a go.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so if you look at where you're typing at the bottom of the text box there is a blue button that's says "Upload a file".

Click on that and load a pic that you have saved. It'll load into your post and then you can post.

20181025_014435.jpg
I let the others walk you through bargaining. I'm terrible at it.

Facebook lady gives a 5% discount if you pay by direct transfer and free DHL postage. That's all I've ever gotten! And a free gift for being a frequent customer. I don't buy terribly expensive stuff though.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful. I love the color combo but would love to (as a novice?) see more. Thought about it as it is lovely but shape is also important to me. I'm fairly flexible but this particular shape is my least favorite. Still it did catch my eye alright.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, how lovely! You can also see that jade glow. And I can tell you that is how it will look at times. That facebook lady, if she tells you it is like this, then it is.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re the bargaining, though it is not that common in the West, it is practically expected in other parts of the world. these are the thoughts which guide me. It can be quite fun.

1st get an idea of what is fair, then start lower than that and work up as they work down. You meet in the middle. It’s the business relationship that is built through this including trust and rapport. It’s a good deal if both parties feel good about it and the price. You don’t want to start overly low as to insult the seller if the item is reasonably priced. In this case, bargaining if at all should be smaller. unless an item is clearly way overpriced. In that case, they are expecting the bargaining process, or are being dishonest through inflated pricing, which nullifies any insult by starting low.

It is very important to decide first what you are willing to pay for that particular item and stick to it in your mind as a baseline. Then decide a highest limit price. This includes knowing the product enough to make an informed evaluation of it, knowing clearly how much you want it, then add in the fact that the seller needs to make a profit to cover thier expenses, to live and to make a profit. If the person needs more than this baseline which you have decided upon, you could compromise based on how you feel about them and the item. Be prepared to walk away if you cannot meet somewhere in between that works for you. It’s ok to go back and forth with offers and counter offers. It really is just like a debate, a negotiation, sometimes an impassioned with drama. You can point out reasons why it should be priced lower, while they point out its attributes.

The more you do business with a seller, the easier it becomes to bargain because you’ve built a relationship with them of mutual benefit. Good manners along with strength and knowing your stuff works for your favor in this.

Last edited:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Ok. When can you start?
Got a banana bread in the oven. Just sayin'...:lol:
Seriously tho - can't thank you all enough for taking the time to help.
This is new new new territory for me.
I just wanted a pretty bead. A really nice one is gonna take some work, but it will be worth it.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. When can you start?
Got a banana bread in the oven. Just sayin'...:lol:
Seriously tho - can't thank you all enough for taking the time to help.
This is new new new territory for me.
I just wanted a pretty bead. A really nice one is gonna take some work, but it will be worth it.
Lol! So hilarious! This will be fun...a little work will usually make it worth it for lots of reasons! A jade bead is such a cool look.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
With MM jadeite on FB, if it's over 1000 you can try asking a further discount. For a few hundred bucks she doesn't really bother.

Once again, her stock is from a jadeite factory that other FB sellers use too. Hence the delay in extra photos sometimes :) There is a HK FB seller that sells slightly cheaper than her as it's in HKD but I've not tried getting.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
A really cool look would be an icy jade bangle on my wrist but sadly this is what I can afford. It will be cherished tho - and I've been working with beads since I was 5 so it makes sense.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
O
With MM jadeite on FB, if it's over 1000 you can try asking a further discount. For a few hundred bucks she doesn't really bother.

Once again, her stock is from a jadeite factory that other FB sellers use too. Hence the delay in extra photos sometimes :) There is a HK FB seller that sells slightly cheaper than her as it's in HKD but I've not tried getting.

Oh, which HK lady on FB is this? Would be very grateful for info or key words to look up. On a quest for these buddhas. MM lady wants a tidy sum for 4 buddhas which I am not ready to give in to. I am not sure if it is really quality or her pricing policy driving the prices up. I think, as with any trade, competition does exist and I want to have a look at various types of pricing to understand Jade better. Jade is complicated. Thank you.

Last edited:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooo, ok. I’ll check it out!

Ok, so my budget isn’t large (under 1000) which I know is nothing in the jade world. Still, I hope to get the nicest bead I can afford right? The seller has emailed and said for the budget an unpolished stone is necessary and then after payment, the factory will polish for free??? :confused:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have read on her page this thing about getting it polished for free but I have no idea what unpolished looks like so can't help you!

I have had the factory restring beads for me. The policy is if you change the item, you can't return it so if she polishes it for you, you might not be able to return it. Check with her, she's very upfront about what you can and can't return.

Are you not getting many results for beads? Are you looking for like a donut or a massive bead?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results