shape
carat
color
clarity

Jade bangle question

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I just bought this bangle cheaply. It is tagged as natural & preowned. I notice the vendor is selling several. While the auction is still up? can you give me your thoughts? Sixty bucks for natural and untreated seems like an overly fortunate bargain. I'll wear the bangle anyhow. I'm just curious.

vendor photo
s-l1600 (2).jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
another vendor photo

Attachments

• s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 25

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can't really tell from the photos and for a supposed antique, the polish/wax is still very good.

You will need to send it to a lab to check it out whether it's Type A or otherwise.

While this has a glutinous base, there is green throughout and the vibrant steaks are good sunny greens. At today's prices for this, width and this larger size, can't find for 80 bucks :)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Can't really tell from the photos and for a supposed antique, the polish/wax is still very good.

You will need to send it to a lab to check it out whether it's Type A or otherwise.

While this has a glutinous base, there is green throughout and the vibrant steaks are good sunny greens. At today's prices for this, width and this larger size, can't find for 80 bucks :)

Thank you for your thoughts. I am so curious to see what jade is like to wear. I have enjoyed looking at jade posts. I am sure I have nothing to lose with this purchase at this price.

Is a glutinous base bad or undesirable?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for your thoughts. I am so curious to see what jade is like to wear. I have enjoyed looking at jade posts. I am sure I have nothing to lose with this purchase at this price.

Is a glutinous base bad or undesirable?

It just means it's likely from a mountain deposit rather than from river bed deposits. The latter are usually considered finer with better/high translucency. Price is commensurate with that :)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It just means it's likely from a mountain deposit rather than from river bed deposits. The latter are usually considered finer with better/high translucency. Price is commensurate with that :)

Thank you again for your help, @Burmesedaze. I have so much to learn.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results