shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this proportion considered best for brilliant 2 carat stones

TUTU

Rough_Rock
Good day,

I have shortlisted my search for 2 carat F VS1 or VS2 diamonds and found out not many choices.

Do you think these proportioned diamonds will shine?

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3970294.htm

and this

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4109161.htm
(this stone has the depth percentage just 60.5%)

And only one in BGD with much higher price although they contain many similar features

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/...5e5SviQM96tAnTYLwZiuMNQKuIpz-jdc7Vy0dJMPfcz6A

Please help me with your comments. Thank you very much

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are all branded, super ideal, top of the crop stone, they will all perform beautifully.

I recommend selecting based on your budget. You will also have more options regarding upgrades with WF.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They both will be beautiful (ACAs). Call WF and ask for side-by-side photos. You can also ask for a SA to look at both of them and "talk" you
through them.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both are gorgeous stones so I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Pros for the F VS1: it's a 1.9 so you aren't paying for the 2ct "premium". It's also a slightly shallow stone but still with superideal proportions, which means you are getting a extra 0.05-0.1mm for the same carat weight.
Cons: You are paying for the VS1 premium. VS1s in IMHO is not much of a difference from a VS2

Pros for the F VS2: you hit the magic 2ct mark and VS2s IMO are a good buy.
Cons: you pay for the magic 2ct mark

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you.

I am taking a look on all options of F and VS but I think shallow cut won't work for me

Why do you believe this has a shallow cut? These are ACAs, if they were not cut properly they wouldn't have this distinction and would instead fall within a different category such as their Premium or Expert Selection

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Why do you believe this has a shallow cut? These are ACAs, if they were not cut properly they wouldn't have this distinction and would instead fall within a different category such as their Premium or Expert Selection
I was thinking the same thing regarding depth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought ideal range for depth is 60-62.3?? I believe the stone in question has a depth of 60.9??

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you.

I am taking a look on all options of F and VS but I think shallow cut won't work for me
None of these are shallow cut. Quite the opposite, a 60% depth results in greater spread, if I can have it my way, all of my stones will be cut this way.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was thinking the same thing regarding depth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought ideal range for depth is 60-62.3?? I believe the stone in question has a depth of 60.9??

The one I recommended is 60.7 and yes, the recommended ideal depth is 60-62.4% I believe Sledge made a nice breakdown but I cant find it at the moment

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CF3CAC5D-28FA-4B6F-BC84-392ED1C3DEFE.jpeg

I can’t find the thread but I did save the screenshot lol

TUTU

Rough_Rock
Many thanks for updating me on the cut. I read in some education websites and I always look for the depth around 61.5% with thin to medium girdle. I chose this guidance from
here https://www.prosumerdiamonds.com/maximising-value/

Probably, requesting the staff to take videos and photos of them and making comparison is more useful. I did ask WF SA to help me like this and it was easier to decide.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results