shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this diamond considered super ideal cut?

Shihtzuluv

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Been lurking around a while...Came across a diamond that was below budget and met our expectations and would like to make a move on it if it is indeed 'super ideal' cut. It scored under 1 on the hca tool. I believed it was .6 or .8. I read that it's more ideal to choose one between 1-2... but I just want to make sure as I do not want to miss out on an opportunity to score one below budget.

It is a triple excellent stone.

any input and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

IMG_5678.PNG

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You do not have enough information to say whether it's a superideal cut. Usually the 34/40.6 combo wouldn't get AGS0 so unlikely. Optical symmetry and hearts and arrows (and proportions) are what define superideal. Superideals are specifically cut and on the report they may not look very different. Most are AGS not GIA

Shihtzuluv

Rough_Rock
You do not have enough information to say whether it's a superideal cut. Usually the 34/40.6 combo wouldn't get AGS0 so unlikely. Optical symmetry and hearts and arrows (and proportions) are what define superideal. Superideals are specifically cut and on the report they may not look very different. Most are AGS not GIA
Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply. The online sites I see the diamond on is listing it as a cut above ideal, some calls it 'super ideal'. I do not expect Ags h&a standards but would Expect a higher performing diamond on the the Gia scale of excellent cut.

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looks like amazing diamond! I like the VS-VVS clarity - only some pinpoints close to the girdle, diamond center is clean of inclusions, I like also the cut proportions, nothing negative to say, only positive things here!

Shihtzuluv

Rough_Rock
Looks like amazing diamond! I like the VS-VVS clarity - only some pinpoints close to the girdle, diamond center is clean of inclusions, I like also the cut proportions, nothing negative to say, only positive things here!
Thank you for your opinion. It is a VVS2 . We were willing to settle for VS1 clarity but then came across this one that was even cheaper than the same color (F) and VS1 clarity ones which is why we are ready to settle on this if it is indeed a super excellent cut.

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Interesting what makes this diamond cheaper...does it have fluorescence?

Shihtzuluv

Rough_Rock
Interesting what makes this diamond cheaper...does it have fluorescence?
Hi again!

No fluorescence, we are only looking at none.

The other few did differ in carat size but only by .04 or like .05 if that really made a difference, HOWEVER, this diamond actually measures bigger than the other ones due to the shorter depth and 3.5% gridle vs 4% gridle even though it is smaller in carats.. and of course the angles were slightly different as well but they were all in the "super ideal" cut section on the retailers. We aren't really trying to compare to the other diamonds. We just want maximum brillance/fire for what we are paying. This diamond will cost around 20.7k (our budget was 23k at max). This is a 1.73 ct , F colored, VVS2 , triple excellent GIA diamond.

All the diamonds we were looking at is in the 1.7-1.8 carats range.

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like this diamond: GIA report, triple ex, snow white F color, super clean VVS, and really nice cut proportions.
If you decide to buy it, make sure that the seller is trustful and has full return policy. Seeing the diamond with your own eyes is the last judgement. Some diamonds have haziness that is not written on the report.
BTW, 3.5% girdle thickness is better than 4%!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results