shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there any Amber lover show your collection

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful. Where is it from? A lot of Chinese are crazy about the amber. I don't collect amber because it is too soft.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I got some Burmite cabs lately. I'll just show you what's inside because they're more interesting. Here are flying insects and creepy crawlies that most likely sucked the blood of dinosaurs. :)

image.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Seaglow are those hard to find and are they expensive?

My 5yo would go NUTS over one! Too late for Christmas but would make a great kiddy present!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Seaglow are those hard to find and are they expensive?

My 5yo would go NUTS over one! Too late for Christmas but would make a great kiddy present!

It should be available at some fossil shops but Burmite is harder to find than other ambers. Not bank-breaking but higher in price than normal amber, probably you can get at around a hundred bucks.

Neil 1231

Rough_Rock
Very beautiful. Where is it from? A lot of Chinese are crazy about the amber. I don't collect amber because it is too soft.
I bought the rough stone from Burma then I find a Chinese sculptor to made this flower
Yes it's very soft need to be very careful

Neil 1231

Rough_Rock
Well, I got some Burmite cabs lately. I'll just show you what's inside because they're more interesting. Here are flying insects and creepy crawlies that most likely sucked the blood of dinosaurs. :)

image.jpeg

Very interesting photos
Some of my collection also have something like ant or other kind insects inside the amber

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl, I forgot to tell that amber from other locations should be cheaper with some insects on them. Burmite costs more because they are harder and older, at least 100 million years old so the fossils are from the Cretaceous Period. :)

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I gave an amber piece to a friend for the Holidays, but tried to update myself first. I saw info about reconstituted amber with modern era insects added. There have been amber look a-likes on the market for some time, so it's best to purchase from a business that specializes in amber to know you are getting the real deal. Amber is a specialized knowledge...........

Neil 1231

Rough_Rock
I gave an amber piece to a friend for the Holidays, but tried to update myself first. I saw info about reconstituted amber with modern era insects added. There have been amber look a-likes on the market for some time, so it's best to purchase from a business that specializes in amber to know you are getting the real deal. Amber is a specialized knowledge...........

Absolutely right. Is very hard to identify the reconstituted one or the real one. Even some of the Laboratory in Hong Kong :saint:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent some months in Prague - once upon a time (of the current era), and eventually fell in love with amber, of course. Ended up owning a chunk (press papier ... - light as it is !) graduating from opaque white to translucent to transparent bright yellow - not unlike the colour of your superbly carved piece ...

RO also has some amber - a dark greenish-brown, found in fractured, small pieces ('Rumanite') - even Cartier couldn't give it a good name in the 20s ,-)

Gemjardine

Rough_Rock
0B154557-0CA1-475D-98E3-0AE55F2CD2F7.jpeg 37513B77-E9F9-406B-A103-663A83546395.jpeg

I discovered amber when we holidayed in Copenhagen. I liked this butterscotch yellow so much that I had to buy it as a souvenir. I’m not sure what it’s worth though, and I don’t like wearing it with my other rings (diamond and sapphire) as it seems to clash. More of a “for fun” piece.

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
Aaaak, pic is huge. Sorry! But I saw everyone else's amber and I wanted to play too. I love amber and seeing the different rings, necklaces, earrings, etc.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I would like to know how much it costs - I would assume Baltic Amber costs something? Plus it is already vintage. I am not wearing it because it is huge even for me.

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Arkteia That is a huge necklace! It is huge and totally in scale within itself. And such beautiful colors. :razz::razz: It would go great with the ring @Gemjardine put up in January, scale and style and colorwise. Well, if I owned them both, that is how I would do it, but since I don't, I'll admire y'alls.;-)

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
I love looking at Amber but somehow I do not wear my pieces a lot. I also found out it is really very gentle material. I wore that simple ring with 3 tiny pieces of Amber to the concert, and the Amber got broken from clapping... And it was a new ring, just bought it a year ago.
But then, the big basket ring which my father gave to my mum when they first met and which I wore constantly as a teenager, survived in quite a good shape for over 40 years.
I think the one with 3 round stones is similar age, belonged to my grandma. One of the ambers was lost, no jeweler wanted to take it to repair saying "it is difficult to find exact same shape and color of amber", then I broke my amber earing and luckily that piece of amber quite fits in a ring.

20180503_112207.jpg 20180503_112002.jpg 20180503_112058.jpg 20180503_112026.jpg

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
Some of the raw Amber neckaces are older than me and they lost many beads because of how crumbly it became. I do not really wear them.
The polished beads necklaces are newer ones, and I noticed I liked the mixed color look. Those I wear, but rarely.
20180503_112704.jpg 20180503_112352.jpg 20180503_112902.jpg 20180503_112736.jpg 20180503_113036.jpg 20180503_113111.jpg 20180503_113136.jpg 20180503_113230.jpg 20180503_113255.jpg

Allgems

Rough_Rock
Premium
Nice... what's your source?
Thank you.
All of them are Baltic amber bought in Poland. Some are more natural, some more processed. I do not really have a source.
Small mixed long necklace is special as it comes from a source that gathers or "mines" amber from his soil in some Polish village which had deposits of amber. He is the only one still processing Amber in traditional way and with traditional tools. I like to wear this necklace most.
The big round necklace is from Lithuanian source I found at Gdansk fair that happens once a year.
The bigger mixed flat amber bracelet is from a small jewelry store that sourced it at the Berlin Amber show.
Most of pieces I or my brother, sister in law, parents, bought for me from small jewelers at the Polish seaside and other towns. Those are not very expensive and the Amber in some of them is quite processed.
The small mixed with gold beads Amber bracelet is from this chain jeweler, they also have some pieces online, price in PLN, but many of their Amber is processed:
https://wkruk.pl/product/search_products?query=Bursztyn

I also forgot to attach the photo of the rosary I got last year, together with the longer mixed bean necklace, when I was staying in a seaside village.

20180503_134915.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results